Michael Beale

gazza27

30 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Anybody got the stats for our other managers in Europe ? 50 games in three seasons seems alot in comparison.

It’s does, but we had to come through qualifying from the first round in two seasons mind. 

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I wouldn't be against Beale being the manager one day. 

I think it’s a certainty tbh. He’s spoken in the last about his desire to move into management. What better place to do it than one you know inside out from top to bottom already? 

6 hours ago, SPWF said:

I think it’s a certainty tbh. He’s spoken in the last about his desire to move into management. What better place to do it than one you know inside out from top to bottom already? 

It certainly would have the same feel as when Souness left and Smith took over....could history repeat itself 

11 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Slavia/Malmo aside, we have been absolutely terrific in Europe under Gerrard and Beale.

Spot on 

And to be honest Slavia away was fine given the full team and staff were probably still hungover from winning the league. 

Slavia at home was just one of those European nights where everything that could go wrong did. Seemed to be a lot of people that thought Slavia were a level above us but I didn’t see it that way at all. Even after we went down to 10 we were well in the game, Balogun red and subsequent free kick killed us off though 

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

It certainly would have the same feel as when Souness left and Smith took over....could history repeat itself 

Didn't realise he was a year younger than Gerrard (40) Was an assistant manager at Sao Paulo in Brazil, think he speaks some Portuguese. 

Would be a good post for him when Gerrard eventually calls it quits. 

Watched an interview about him and his career in coaching on YouTube and ultimately think he wants to manage abroad, though what better place to start than here.