Tom Devine ..Hes Gone Too Far This Time

mrmojorisin

1 minute ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Why? This man is besmirching the Club and majority of fans with no credible basis to his assertions.

Think the criteria is that he has to personally besmirch a member of the board, their family  or one of their companies for us to consider legal action these days

8 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

I'm going to take a lot of shit for this but I'm going to say it anyway, this only seems to be a major problem in the west of Scotland, speaking for myself living here in Canada it's not a problem here where non catholics and catholics educated separately live in harmony, now don't get me wrong I have no time for catholicism but how can it be that in other parts of the world society can live together with separate education systems yet it's seen as a problem in Scotland?

Scotland and particularly the west of Scotland's problems go a lot deeper because of the history of the immigration of so many Irish catholics concentrated in one particular area during the famine and the problems of integration that spawned from that not helped by the catholic church's input, as for this supposedly highly educated historian coming out with this bigoted nonsense, he's just adding to the problem with his one sided argument

But look at the uncovering of century old crimes to indigenous children committed by the catholic church in Canada. That would never have happened if children were integrated from early childhood.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

But look at the uncovering of century old crimes to indigenous children committed by the catholic church in Canada. That would never have happened if children were integrated from early childhood.

I think that's a different argument mate, I'm in no way condoning what has happened in those institutions but we're talking about educating children in schools who probably 99.9% go home after school and socialize with friends of different religions, what went on behind the closed doors of those residential schools was criminal/murder.

24 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

I'm going to take a lot of shit for this but I'm going to say it anyway, this only seems to be a major problem in the west of Scotland, speaking for myself living here in Canada it's not a problem here where non catholics and catholics educated separately live in harmony, now don't get me wrong I have no time for catholicism but how can it be that in other parts of the world society can live together with separate education systems yet it's seen as a problem in Scotland?

Scotland and particularly the west of Scotland's problems go a lot deeper because of the history of the immigration of so many Irish catholics concentrated in one particular area during the famine and the problems of integration that spawned from that not helped by the catholic church's input, as for this supposedly highly educated historian coming out with this bigoted nonsense, he's just adding to the problem with his one sided argument

That's why there's a problem mate. Everything is one sided. Media, Government even the Law. If everyone was treated equally I don't think it would go away but it certainly wouldn't be like it is currently.