Rangers B

bluenoz

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Two words:

Not good enough!

There was a lot of changes to the side as quite a few were called up to international duty.. I caught most of the second half and thought we dominated the game without creating too much.. we had chances though, which should have resulted in goals.. We were up against a very effective side. 

11 hours ago, johanhentze said:

There was a lot of changes to the side as quite a few were called up to international duty.. I caught most of the second half and thought we dominated the game without creating too much.. we had chances though, which should have resulted in goals.. We were up against a very effective side. 

i watch the whole game on gers tv  we had 6 players on international duty  our 2 centre halves were 16 and  struggled early on cumbernauld were clever they had the wind behind them  and they sent long balls up the middle and won the 2nd balls. the 2 young lads  were up against it  that is the 2nd time i have bought the game on gers tv and both times we have lost 4 1  so never again   i have been to several of the away games and we have won them all very comfortably

7 minutes ago, billscott said:

i watch the whole game on gers tv  we had 6 players on international duty  our 2 centre halves were 16 and  struggled early on cumbernauld were clever they had the wind behind them  and they sent long balls up the middle and won the 2nd balls. the 2 young lads  were up against it  that is the 2nd time i have bought the game on gers tv and both times we have lost 4 1  so never again   i have been to several of the away games and we have won them all very comfortably

That amount of changes will always affect the team, especially when the replacements are so young. I get the games on my overseas subscription and try and watch them all.

• 2 weeks later...

We seem to have a fair few promising youth strikers coming through…

Tony Weston

Robbie Ure

Juan Alegria

Ross McAusland

Rory Wilson

All of them seem to score and impress when given the chance. I think Wilson is the youngest of them but I’ve heard very good things about him.

What are the chances any of them break into the 1st team? and if they do are any of them going to turn into a proper quality striker? We haven’t produced one in 30/40 years ffs.

1 hour ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

We seem to have a fair few promising youth strikers coming through…

Tony Weston

Robbie Ure

Juan Alegria

Ross McAusland

Rory Wilson

All of them seem to score and impress when given the chance. I think Wilson is the youngest of them but I’ve heard very good things about him.

What are the chances any of them break into the 1st team? and if they do are any of them going to turn into a proper quality striker? We haven’t produced one in 30/40 years ffs.

The last one we produced was Robert Fleck in the early 80s which is a shocking record.

1 minute ago, donegal_ger said:

The last one we produced was Robert Fleck in the early 80s which is a shocking record.

Ross McCormack moved around England for combined transfer fees of about a billion pounds.

Still pretty sure he was shite though. Dont actually know how you can explain his transfer fees apart from he was some form of complex money laundering scheme.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Ross McCormack moved around England for combined transfer fees of about a billion pounds.

Still pretty sure he was shite though. Dont actually know how you can explain his transfer fees apart from he was some form of complex money laundering scheme.

I meant who was successful in our first team.

17 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

:mutley: aye the boy was gash

19 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Thought it was a free kick but might be wrong.

It was a great free kick.

McCormack wasn't worth the transfer fees that teams have paid for him but he could definitely have done a job for us had he been given a chance.

Can't really call him a success with us though seeing as that free kick was the only thing of worth he had the chance to provide us.

*cancel that I just googled it and he did score a tap in against Porto not sure where the idea of a freekick came from