Rangers B

bluenoz

On 01/12/2021 at 19:10, The Specky Liar said:

It's called Rangers B but it's Rangers C. 

McCrorie, Patterson, Bassey, Mayo, Kennedy, Mcpake, Middleton, Williamson and Kelly are our highest rated academy/younger players and are kept away from that team.

I don’t think that’s fair to say.

Those players are kept away from the B Team because they are too old for the B Team.

Just because they are older doesn’t mean they are rated higher (although I admit some may be physically more ready for mens football)

Not every player should have to go on loan to get a chance in the first team, someone like Patterson was given a chance due to injuries otherwise I suspect we may well not have seen him and he too would have been punted out on loan which would have been madness.

I’ve said it before if a player is going to break through with us he should at least be in and around the first team from 17 to 20. If they are 21/22/23 and they haven’t made a breakthrough they are unlikely to every reach the levels required to be a first team regular (maybe goalkeeper aside)

On 05/12/2021 at 01:48, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I don’t think that’s fair to say.

Those players are kept away from the B Team because they are too old for the B Team.

Just because they are older doesn’t mean they are rated higher (although I admit some may be physically more ready for mens football)

Not every player should have to go on loan to get a chance in the first team, someone like Patterson was given a chance due to injuries otherwise I suspect we may well not have seen him and he too would have been punted out on loan which would have been madness.

I’ve said it before if a player is going to break through with us he should at least be in and around the first team from 17 to 20. If they are 21/22/23 and they haven’t made a breakthrough they are unlikely to every reach the levels required to be a first team regular (maybe goalkeeper aside)

They are kept away because they are miles past playing at Lowland League level. If any of the boys in the B team were ready for a higher level, they'd be out on loan playing at a higher level. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

They are kept away because they are miles past playing at Lowland League level. If any of the boys in the B team were ready for a higher level, they'd be out on loan playing at a higher level. 

When you say a higher level what level exactly do you mean as they have beaten a few teams of a higher level in the cups Dumbarton, Berwick, Alloa. 

I think as it's the first season in the lowlands league we needed to keep a decent squad together rather than be loaning them out, obviously going forward getting guys out on loan will be to our advantage as we get used to the requirements of competing in the lowland league.

26 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

When you say a higher level what level exactly do you mean as they have beaten a few teams of a higher level in the cups Dumbarton, Berwick, Alloa. 

I think as it's the first season in the lowlands league we needed to keep a decent squad together rather than be loaning them out, obviously going forward getting guys out on loan will be to our advantage as we get used to the requirements of competing in the lowland league.

Cup is a bit different as you can bolster the squad a bit. Hastie, Katic, Kelly have all played in the Challenge Cup this season. 

We have Williamson, Thomson, Mayo, McPake, Kennedy all out on loan. If players are over 20 or too good for this level then they will be loaned out rather than play at Lowland Level. 

At all age levels for the club, people need to look beyond the results as it is all about development.

Players playing up a year/years just for experience and their individual development.

Happens from 2012’s all the way up to B team.

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

At all age levels for the club, people need to look beyond the results as it is all about development.

Players playing up a year/years just for experience and their individual development.

Happens from 2012’s all the way up to Development teams.

This. By all accounts we had a second string B team out playing against a team with relatively high quality. 

On 06/12/2021 at 14:14, STEPPS BOY said:

Happens from 2012’s all the way up to B team.

I’m hoping Vos makes a few suggestions from the ‘Velvet Revolution’ at Ajax. 

15 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

What do you think of Lowrie, Ure and Weston mate?

All very good players at the level they are playing at, as I have said a few times this season its difficult to asses their level. 

Tony Weston has been prolific but the strongest team he has scored against is Bonnyrigg Rose, that's not a criticism just an example of how assessing their level is difficult.

The Cove Rangers game probably put the Lowland League into perspective or was that a one off ?