Don't look like scoring many

MacBoyd

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Lukaku couldn’t score in that team.

Play ball up to Morelos and not a player within 20 yards of him.

It's the same when it goes out wide, the amount of time its a 1v2 or 2v3 on the wings is unreal. Can't remember the last time I saw us create triangles and try and move/pull players out of position, it was a major part of our game along with our pressing the first half of last season.

Just now, theclothmonster said:

It's the same when it goes out wide, the amount of time its a 1v2 or 2v3 on the wings is unreal. Can't remember the last time I saw us create triangles and try and move/pull players out of position, it was a major part of our game along with our pressing the first half of last season.

And we cross it in to Morelos in the box by himself.

Madness.

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We're too predicable. Go out wide look for a cross and hope someone gets on the end of it. 

We need to start playing through the middle and push up. We're far too deep in games the now. 

This. Betis played balls through the middle tonight and so did Lyon. Not everything has to go out wide. Especially when Tav and Barisic are under performing.

11 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We're too predicable. Go out wide look for a cross and hope someone gets on the end of it. 

We need to start playing through the middle and push up. We're far too deep in games the now. 

Been saying it from match day one this season mate. So easy to defend against that.

32 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

We need to be braver domestically. The mhanks have been playing without any ‘holding’ midfielders and been scoring for fun (bar our game), all we play with IS holding midfielders. 

Yes re the scum. And losing.

We weren't great tonight but the system has served us well. When you have 3 front players and 2 midfielders in Kamara and Davis just not at it then its not really about the system.

6 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Did I say that? Morelos has 3 goals in 9 games that just isn’t good enough ffs. So many cunts blinkered when it comes to Morelos and Kent.

If Gerrard starts tonight against champions League opposition with Sakala and Wright up top and Kent and Morelos on the bench then you would be raging.

25 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I mean in fairness, they could probably use a holding player, because their defence is fucking woeful and they're going to concede loads of goals against any half decent side.

We absolutely need to take the handbrake off and change our own play though. We look so safe, disjointed and laboured - we're not pressing aggressively, we're not breaking through lines, we don't look confident or assured, and there seems to be no spark or creativity at all. Maybe a move away from a 4-3-3 - like last year where we moved to a 4-2-3-1 for a while - is what we need.

It annoys me that the formation we have switched to a few times this year has been a 4-3-2-1 with 3 holding mids instead of an attacking 4-2-3-1 - especially at Ibrox. Criminal

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Roofe would likely do as much played centrally. Far more intelligent.

He hasn't shown that so far..I actually liked when we played Morelos off Roofe in the middle last season against the taigs. Instead of two 10's we played one off those two.

30 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Lukaku couldn’t score in that team.

Play ball up to Morelos and not a player within 20 yards of him.

Yeah maybe it's just me, but I think it's asking a bit much of Morelos for us to chip balls up to him, expect him to hold the ball up long enough for our support players to jog up the park, play them into space and then still be the only player in the box trying to get on the end of an aimless high cross whilst man marked by two centre halves 6 inches taller than him. He's not beyond criticism by any means and he's not been great at times this season, but we're not even creating scraps for him to feed off yet still expect him to be the match winner. 

41 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Agree, but Morelos isn't the same either. Lacks appetite to get on the end of things. Previously when he wasn't scoring he was (frustratingly) missing sitters. He's no where near it now. 1 goal this season, utter shite.

The sitter against st Johnston, just after they scored? Where Tav put the ball across the face of the goal, only inches from Freddos boot?

3 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

The sitter against st Johnston, just after they scored? Where Tav put the ball across the face of the goal, only inches from Freddos boot?

Morelos has been shocking in front of goal this season he missed 3 absolute sitters against that Armenian mob missed another sitter against Ross county, slipped on his arse when he was 1v1 against celtic.

A lot of the support is blinkered when it comes to Morelos, he can do no wrong in the eyes of many.

38 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Wright is the answer to the front three. He may not score many but he is always involved. drives forward, wins fouls, high energy.

After 3 yrs together, I've never thought Kent & Morelos are in sync with one another. There is no chemistry between the front three atm.

It has all become too predictable imo. Most managers have our attack sussed. 

Wright brings a spark to the attack that we sorely need and should be played more imo. He has surpassed expectations and can make something out of nothing.

I can understand why SG is slowly bleeding him into the team to an extent. But then he plays Lundstram who clearly struggles to read our game much more often. Truly bizzare.

6 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Morelos has been shocking in front of goal this season he missed 3 absolute sitters against that Armenian mob missed another sitter against Ross county, slipped on his arse when he was 1v1 against celtic.

A lot of the support is blinkered when it comes to Morelos, he can do no wrong in the eyes of many.

I’m no getting away from the fact he’s not had his shooting boots on, I get that. I’m making the point that the previous post said he wasn’t getting sitters to miss, which he is.

His hold up play and switching the ball out wide was decent second half, but we needed better service tonight for all our frontmen.