Don't look like scoring many

MacBoyd

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

It has all become too predictable imo. Most managers have our attack sussed. 

Wright brings a spark to the attack that we sorely need and should be played more imo. He has surpassed expectations and can make something out of nothing.

I can understand why SG is slowly bleeding him into the team to an extent. But then he plays Lundstram much more often comparibly. Truly bizzare.

Bleeding him in was last year mate. It is time to unleash him. I don't think I have ever seen him play poorly. Gerrard is blinded by the more expensive signings. (Kent & Roofe)

10 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Morelos has been shocking in front of goal this season he missed 3 absolute sitters against that Armenian mob missed another sitter against Ross county, slipped on his arse when he was 1v1 against celtic.

A lot of the support is blinkered when it comes to Morelos, he can do no wrong in the eyes of many.

Morelos is usually outstanding in Europe.

He was isolated tonight. 

Hardly his fault. 

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He hasn't shown that so far..I actually liked when we played Morelos off Roofe in the middle last season against the taigs. Instead of two 10's we played one off those two.

He has showed his intelligence centrally plenty times. Tonight, thought Morelos was bang average.

2 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

I’m no getting away from the fact he’s not had his shooting boots on, I get that. I’m making the point that the previous post said he wasn’t getting sitters to miss, which he is.

His hold up play and switching the ball out wide was decent second half, but we needed better service tonight for all our frontmen.

I thought he was one of our better players tonight with his hold up play but I’m looking for more from him domestically tbh.

37 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Did I say that? Morelos has 3 goals in 9 games that just isn’t good enough ffs. So many cunts blinkered when it comes to Morelos and Kent.

So your answer to our ills is to drop one of players who actually has scored.

Morelos and Roofe should both be starting. Absolutely ludicrous to have Aribo and Kent both in front three.

5 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

I thought he was one of our better players tonight with his hold up play but I’m looking for more from him domestically tbh.

I agree, hopefully he will come good in the coming weeks. You only really notice how much we miss Morelos when he’s no in the team (when he’s no scoring), his holdup play is vital.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Bleeding him in was last year mate. It is time to unleash him. I don't think I have ever seen him play poorly. Gerrard is blinded by the more expensive signings. (Kent & Roofe)

I agree mate. He has proven his potential. Unliesh it. SG seems to hold him back when he is an in form player biting at the bit.

Defies logic 

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

We need to be braver domestically. The mhanks have been playing without any ‘holding’ midfielders and been scoring for fun (bar our game), all we play with IS holding midfielders. 

Spot on. Why do we always feel the need to shoe horn in a third. We could easily have Davis and Kamara in front of the back four. And bacuna etc in number 10 role or a second striker.

8 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

hasnt started any games yet???

we never gave itten a run of 2 games or more on a row then complained.

Yeah but players need to show more when they come on so that managers think they deserve a starting jersey, not just get it cos the guy in possession was poor.

I'm hardly writing him off here. Just saying he's done little to warrant a start based on what he has shown.

8 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

I agree, hopefully he will come good in the coming weeks. You only really notice how much we miss Morelos when he’s no in the team (when he’s no scoring), his holdup play is vital.

His hold up play is hit and miss. Probably 50/50 with one's I'd expect him to do something with.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Aye I'm no doubting that. Very intelligent player but sometimes you need someone like Morelos who can just hold the ball up.

Watch the game back. You'll likely be surprised how often he's slow go get in front of a defender or the ball breaks off him. Far better 2nd half tonight, but his hold up play isn't great in all honesty.

10 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

His hold up play when he first joined was immense, the ball just seemed to be glued to his feet at times. These days his hold up play is mostly pish. 

I've watched a lot of Liverpool so far this season. I always thought their front three were interchangeable and that we tried to emulate them but it is not true. Salah plays very wide on the right, his off wing and doesn't stray from there often. Kent made his mark as a winger, it is time we played him as one again. Clearly, the free rein role is not working.

Said it before on here that our manager was a dynamic, box to box, high energy midfielder and one of the best in world at his prime but as a manager seems to prefer having safe and simple midfielders who play 5-10 yard passes, barely go forward and never shoot.

Arfield when at his best made a massive difference but he’s almost done now and why in the summer were we not looking to replace him.

32 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Spot on. Why do we always feel the need to shoe horn in a third. We could easily have Davis and Kamara in front of the back four. And bacuna etc in number 10 role or a second striker.

We don’t need 2 holding mids in the league. We should arguably just have one in there. Davis or Kamara.  I’d have Kamara as i think Davis is more cautious of the two. And then have 2 offensive minded midfilelders to drive on and play thru lines, go past players etc. We are too predictable. It’s slow and square ball stuff and then out to wingbacks who cross from 20-25 years out on the diagonal. We hardly ever get to byline anymore, we hardly get any free kicks on edge of box as we don’t play thru lines and commit players into tackles.  How often do you see our players do simple 1-2s now.  We need midfield to be closer to front line and at the moment with 3 defensive mids they are 15-20 yards to far back. 

7 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Hardly even shoot , Aribo has a clear shooting opportunity from 25 yards out and him or buff no sure who ends up getting booked coz of the fannying about 

Was Aribo, but was on his weaker foot and think there was a big cunt blocking the angle.

Tried to bring it inside onto his stronger foot and fucked it.