Don't look like scoring many

MacBoyd

46 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Was Aribo, but was on his weaker foot and think there was a big cunt blocking the angle.

Tried to bring it inside onto his stronger foot and fucked it.

Think both of them ended up booked at this point, Aribo for the challenge (2nd touch was a tackle) and Alf for gobbing off. 

1 hour ago, Davidorrp said:

We don’t need 2 holding mids in the league. We should arguably just have one in there. Davis or Kamara.  I’d have Kamara as i think Davis is more cautious of the two. And then have 2 offensive minded midfilelders to drive on and play thru lines, go past players etc. We are too predictable. It’s slow and square ball stuff and then out to wingbacks who cross from 20-25 years out on the diagonal. We hardly ever get to byline anymore, we hardly get any free kicks on edge of box as we don’t play thru lines and commit players into tackles.  How often do you see our players do simple 1-2s now.  We need midfield to be closer to front line and at the moment with 3 defensive mids they are 15-20 yards to far back. 

Totally. It was fine when Tav and Barisic were getting in behind and pulling balls back from the bye line. But Davis is giving them the ball closer to the half way line. And after that we just look a bit clueless and hope that Kent creates something out of nothing.

A worrying lack of direction or willingness to change it either. 

3 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It's not just tonight its all season.

I think our biggest issue is we are set up now to simply get the ball out wide and get crosses in. Very rarely see us going through the middle. It's failure by design.

The idea of our system is the two inside tens play inside and leave the space out wide for the fullbacks as an OPTION. Right now that's our only option. 

The biggest setup issue for me is we are playing far too deep. Like 25/30 yards too deep. Our high press which gave us so much last season and in Europe the last couple seasons is gone. When we get the ball back we are so deep we are just getting it wide and hitting it up the line and then it's coming straight back to us.

Completely agree, it is like watching our January 2020 side. Slow and predictable with too many touches. Teams have so much time to get their players set up to defend but now have time to take the ball off us and seem to have time and space to hurt us. Our players struggle to make accurate passes at our walking pace tempo whereas last season teams could not cope with our fast passing and movement through the middle.

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Lukaku couldn’t score in that team.

Play ball up to Morelos and not a player within 20 yards of him.

Hit the nail on the head.

Alfie trying his best to hold the ball up with 2 even 3 defenders around him and nobody to help him out (most of the time).

2 hours ago, Nk89 said:

I think going forward we need to looking at changing something.

Dropping Davis (saving him for Europa n tougher league games) playing Aribo/Hagi/Bacuna beside Kamara for more creativity.

I’m not keen on the idea of Davis being the main man in Europe any more, he’s been a brilliant player but feel he’s not what we need in the middle energy or drive wise now.  He’s is 36 and I just feel, he goes for the more safety first approach now.  And he still does that well, but Tbh we should go with more creativity at all times in both league and Europe. Davis still has a roll to play but perhaps more in the coming on to see games out type thing. 

10 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Said it before on here that our manager was a dynamic, box to box, high energy midfielder and one of the best in world at his prime but as a manager seems to prefer having safe and simple midfielders who play 5-10 yard passes, barely go forward and never shoot.

Arfield when at his best made a massive difference but he’s almost done now and why in the summer were we not looking to replace him.

Agree totally, Arfield linked the midfield and attack, made runs into the box and could score vital goals. We're missing him or someone like him massively.

We are all disappointed with the start to the season and our lack of form.

There are as many opinions as there are Bears as to why this is.

It's only mid September so plenty of time to fix this. On the plus side we are top of the league and have 5 more group games to turn Europe around.

We need to be saying to Alfie to go back to his old way of playing up top. Driving down the channels, bullying centre backs, keeping in the box.

This adapted style he got last season, dropping deep and arriving late, only works if players around him make the runs beyond him and able to give him service later on in the move. This is clearly not happening now so until it does get him back to being the striker he used to be in the meant time.

4 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I think that would definitely get the best out of Alfie but I'd be wary of us repeating the same old mistakes - we were so utterly reliant on him that when he was kept out of a game or just didn't show up we'd be fucked. Him dropping deeper opened up new dimensions to our play last year.

I think we just need to move away from the 4-3-3 for a bit. It only works if the third midfielder is free to break the lines and get beyond him and the two 'number 10's. We're crying out for a 4-2-3-1 or doing away with the 2 number 10s or just something different.

We are utterly reliant on him however he plays due to the insistence on the way we play. 

I'd rather we go 442 and play the two up top in Roofe and Morelos. The wingers don't have to be out n out wingers either. Maybe like a diamond shape that was so effective against the tarriers last season.

2 hours ago, Davidorrp said:

I’m not keen on the idea of Davis being the main man in Europe any more, he’s been a brilliant player but feel he’s not what we need in the middle energy or drive wise now.  He’s is 36 and I just feel, he goes for the more safety first approach now.  And he still does that well, but Tbh we should go with more creativity at all times in both league and Europe. Davis still has a roll to play but perhaps more in the coming on to see games out type thing. 

Aye thats a fair point!

Seems to me that, borna tav aren't getting as high up the pitch has they did last season. Which is leaving Morelos very isolated because Kent and Aribo are pushing onto the full backs.

I thinking trying a 442 at home in 1 of the next 2 games n give teams something to think about! Getting Tav and Patterson down the right side!

In the league we've scored 10, they've got 16. So better than us but just over 1 goal per game.

However we've conceded 4 they've only conceded 3. So althought they're gungho football is showing them up in Europe, they're defence seems to be up to SPFL standard.

They have possibly their best CB due to return from injury and will probably strengthen in Jan.

We need to find goals in the short term and find a proven goal scorer in Jan.

Squad were accustomed to the way we played last season. We are definitely playing to a different system this season and it''s not working.

I am a big fan of if it ain't broke don't fix it but if our background staff felt a change was required to take us to a higher level then I can get that. Swings and roundabouts.

14 hours ago, RoboBear said:

In the league we've scored 10, they've got 16. So better than us but just over 1 goal per game.

However we've conceded 4 they've only conceded 3. So althought they're gungho football is showing them up in Europe, they're defence seems to be up to SPFL standard.

They have possibly their best CB due to return from injury and will probably strengthen in Jan.

We need to find goals in the short term and find a proven goal scorer in Jan.

We’ll be 6 points ahead on Sunday 👍

The Tav cross from deep, Beckhamesque can be so effective whilst being so predictable if used in every situation.  I feel like he uses it in too man situations.  It's great to trick our opponent with an early cross to catch them off guard but when you use it all the time they learn that it's coming and deal with it..  I'm no coach or football manager and even I can see that we need as plan B and plan C.  Take it to the by-line and get a proper cross in occassionally, get some cross overs with running beyond.

The deep cross is bread and butter for 90% of SPL defenders who heed it away attack after attack.

Surely its simple basics, If our wingers are faster than the full backs then overload the middle of the park then play a dirty ball over the top into either corner for the wingers to chase and cross into the box?

Fuck i was classed a a decent player for being able to out run any full back (and the one that came on to replace him) for 90 mins.