Do we ever just concede a good goal?

GOAT

55 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I just saw the first goal again and fuck me Lundstram "defending" Ekambi 😭

Kent made an error 40 yards out but he is an attacker. Lundstram was miles  off marking him (his job) and giving him a motorway to drive through. 

I was closer to Ekambi and I was watching it on BT Sports ffs! 

Saw a replay of their first goal from behind goal, and although Kent does lose cheap possession on half way line and then Lundstrum doesn’t turn striker to the outside, when their he strikes the ball, Goodson twists his body sideways. If he squares up, he might block it. Who knows. He’s maybe trying to avoid contact with his arms, hands but still think a defender should face up to a shot. The point is, there is arguably 3 points in lead up to goal to do better and perhaps prevent it. Still feel Kent’s is the probably the worst mistake as it’s the first and cheapest,, but they lost goal as a team. 

6 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Kent made an error 40 yards out but he is an attacker. Lundstram was miles  off marking him (his job) and giving him a motorway to drive through. 

I was closer to Ekambi and I was watching it on BT Sports ffs! 

Harsh. There was a fair bit of skill before the strike TBF. Sent Lundstrum to the burger van before the shot but who wouldn't have been skinned in that situation?

3 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

Saw a replay of their first goal from behind goal, and although Kent does lose cheap possession on half way line and then Lundstrum doesn’t turn striker to the outside, when their he strikes the ball, Goodson twists his body sideways. If he squares up, he might block it. Who knows. He’s maybe trying to avoid contact with his arms, hands but still think a defender should face up to a shot. The point is, there is arguably 3 points in lead up to goal to do better and perhaps prevent it. Still feel Kent’s is the probably the worst mistake as it’s the first and cheapest,, but they lost goal as a team. 

Alternatively it's an unbelievable bit of quality on the strike. Certainly nowhere near the worst piece of defending we've seen this season.

7 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Harsh. There was a fair bit of skill before the strike TBF. Sent Lundstrum to the burger van before the shot but who wouldn't have been skinned in that situation?

Sounded harsh upon reflection but I can see Ibrox from my roof so Lundstrum wasn't too far away. .:lol:

Next rime Lundstrum goes ro rhe burger van he should ask if there are any jobs going.

It was a cracking goal in all honesty. I may be in  a bit of a mood because we got beat.

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We literally dissect any goal that is conceded by us to blame someone. It could be about 16 passes earlier and we would still blame someone.

Maradona or Messi could have scored one of their wonder goals against us and we want every single player in the team sacked.

Sometimes you just got to accept that teams can score really good goals against us, like the first tonight.

Ultimately every goal ever scored is preventable if you dissect, analyse and go back far enough.

Once a top player at a higher level is allowed time and space and given the opportunity to get a shot away it's difficult to stop a strike like that. You can only hold your hands up at that point. If there's a gulf in quality there's not a lot you can do sometimes.

We do seem to lose runners quite often though and our tracking back, passing on men can be quite hit and miss. A few really bad examples tonight. Every team has this issue though.

It's very easy to criticise, rewind, pause, replay and dissect every passage of play. However at this level against better quality, where we might be playing technically better players, it's even more important we try to stop it at source. Again, easier said than done sometimes.

I think we're just a little frustrated because there wasn't too much in it, and we weren't quite at our best. I think if we were at our best we could have got something tonight.

We get caught in transition far too often by teams counter-pressing us. As soon as we’ve got the ball our fullbacks bomb forward and typically we would have Kamara filling in on the left and Jack on the right for cover. 

Lundstram hasn’t filled Jacks place well at all - he looked miles better when he started picking up the spaces Davis was in after his sub, IMO. Too often we’re seeing players coming in from wide and putting pressure on our CBs because there’s no cover for the full backs.

I know it’ll seem like “the longer he’s injured the better he gets” but I honestly think Ryan Jack is so key to our current set up and we don’t really have the personnel to implement the style at the moment with him unavailable.

14 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

We get caught in transition far too often by teams counter-pressing us. As soon as we’ve got the ball our fullbacks bomb forward and typically we would have Kamara filling in on the left and Jack on the right for cover. 

Lundstram hasn’t filled Jacks place well at all - he looked miles better when he started picking up the spaces Davis was in after his sub, IMO. Too often we’re seeing players coming in from wide and putting pressure on our CBs because there’s no cover for the full backs.

I know it’ll seem like “the longer he’s injured the better he gets” but I honestly think Ryan Jack is so key to our current set up and we don’t really have the personnel to implement the style at the moment with him unavailable.

We have definitely missed Jack in these types of European games against tougher opponents. In the league the current midfield options are more than sufficient but as you rightly say we don't have someone with the same awareness when we are out of possession.

10 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Wit :lol:

Half our team wouldn't have been skinned so easily and just let the guy walk in onto his stronger right foot

9 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Canny believe people are saying Kent didn’t cost the first one :lol: 

Saw the highlights back and him gifting away possession looks even worse on TV. All he had to do was flick it round the corner for Morelos who'd have been in behind the Lyon defence. It wasn't even a hard pass, there was a huge gap in their defence 

33 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Wit :lol:

Half our team wouldn't have been skinned so easily and just let the guy walk in onto his stronger right foot

I've absolutely no idea what he was thinking there at all. Doesn't seem to have an actual football brain. Guy's trying to get on to his right so I'll just leave him the space behind me. Mental. 

13 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

What's the wee shield thing beside your post?

Means he's a Mod.

With the 1st goal, yes Kent gave the ball away cheaply near the first half and that's down to him. Sure, the guy had a lot to do but that's the difference with the best sides in Europe, they punish those mistakes.

How many SPFL sides could do that against us? None.

We are playing teams of a different level now and that's why we need to stop these mistakes.