Do we ever just concede a good goal?

GOAT

1 hour ago, mclovin9091 said:

Roofe scored from inside our half and the closest CB was about 20 yards away. Scotland conceeded a goal from 40 yards out and the CB was closer than that.

If the shooter isn't within the "zone" of where the CB is expected to be then i don't see how he is at fault.

Roofe out muscled one centre half, dribbled to the side of the defensive mid that was back defending and knocked it by their fullback, so two of their defenders tried to stop roofe at that time

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Lundstram was parallel, so how did the guy manage to travel with the ball to a position he felt he could shoot from? Our centre halves were both in position, balogun was covering the runner and covered him well

I understand they have a shape and stuff, but at times that goes out the window when you are caught out, 

Its not a slight on the defence, its how they are trained and stuff, im just of the opinion that in that situation id have preferred goldson to have went out to the guy, he's the better defender than lundstram and could have defended it better, likely not have let the guy turn inside, balogun has the runner covered and lundstram could have been the spare to pick up a loose ball etc

Plus if goldson steps out to him earlier than lundstram can get to him, the guy might not be as close to our goal

You dont need to get uptight, its just how id prefer that situation was defended, 

How can Goldson get to him quicker than Lundstrum, have you looked at the still images I posted showing that's literally impossible.?

Goldson did what all defenders should do in that instance. He let his defensive midfielder go deal with it. Unfortunately Lundstrum didn't. He ran alongside the boy then as he eventually went to deal with it he let the boy cut inside him.

Its not uptight. Its not accepting utter nonsense because you've badly misjudged what happened at the goal.

Stop trying to wrongly reinvent the wheel when it comes to expectations of CHs when midfielders are present. Its absurd.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How can Goldson get to him quicker than Lundstrum, have you looked at the still images I posted showing that's literally impossible.?

Goldson did what all defenders should do in that instance. He let his defensive midfielder go deal with it. Unfortunately Lundstrum didn't. He ran alongside the boy then as he eventually went to deal with it he let the boy cut inside him.

Its not uptight. Its not accepting utter nonsense because you've badly misjudged what happened at the goal.

Stop trying to wrongly reinvent the wheel when it comes to expectations of CHs when midfielders are present. Its absurd.

Fine, you are happy with how the defence was set up for that goal, thats nice, im happy for you, for me id prefer goldson to be more involved there, he's not got a runner to worry about so imo he could have pressed the guy instead of backing off the play 

If you're getting this worked up over someones opinion of how we could have done better at a goal we lost then perhaps a discussion board isnt for you 😂

10 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If you're getting this worked up over someones opinion of how we could have done better at a goal we lost then perhaps a discussion board isnt for you 😂

By "getting worked up" you mean explaining clearly how you're wrong, and watching you double down rather than admit it, then I'm fine I'll just crack on discussing away 😉