Jump to content

Gerrard: Post Match Reaction


Virtuoso
 Share

Recommended Posts

Gerrard said in his interview before the game

” we’re probably going to use our 5 subs because of our intensity and pressing”

Then proceeded to let them get to the half way line before closing down,and played at a snails pace!

there’s something not right there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s several times recently, the coaching staff have mentioned we will play with intensity and a pressing game and then we’ve been nothing like that during game. Either they are fibbing or the team just don’t follow instructions. I kind of suspect, it’s the style and players we use that dictates how we play and that’s our problem at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs to freshen things up. The team is stale. We need to be more realistic with what we can receive for our players and bring in younger players already here as well as new signings. Next transfer window has to be better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are far too rigid from midfield forward.  It's as if adherence to "the shape" has stifled all creativity and expression. Last season we players moving between positions in the formation and guys like Aribo, Kent and Hagi seemingly given more freedom to express themselves. This was witnessed by the fact that goals came from many different players rather than just Morelos.

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

There wasn't much wrong with it. A couple of slip ups and they punished us.  We created a couple of good chances and never put them away. That's the difference.

They're a better side in almost every or all positions, anyone thinking we should be beating them is dreaming.

2 shots on target all game, none in the second half, only one on target after we went behind and actually needed a goal for anything out the game, 

Doesn't matter that lyon only had 2, we were at home and for the whole of the second half we didnt look anywhere near scoring, 

Once again we come up against a well drilled and fit team and we have pretty much nothing, no invention, no creativity, no bravery, 

Wether they are better in all positions or not is irrelevant, we didn't even look like going for it, the tarriers are dug meat at the back, everyone knows it and everyone knows betis are better than them in all departments, didnt stop them having a go did it

Zappa6995 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we had a few good chances and they scored a worldy and a deflection. I agree that they were well drilled but against a Rangers team who were clearly off their game. If we upped our performance by 20% it would have been a different result.

I'm only fucked off by our performance tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, The Blues said:

It was an awful performance. Players looked as though they had no confidence that they could win this game.

We played a team that is valued at around 300 million. This wasnt Motherwell. We were up against it but actually played pretty well at times. We didnt score from the chances we had and they had a wonderstrike and own goal go in..  thats how it goes against teams like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

We did have a go, we didn't do anything different from of we were playing a mid table league opponent.

Tav hit the post, Kent nearly scored, lundstram went close, Balagoun should have headed home.

They're a far better side, in every position. There was better attacking play than there has been all season, maybe as they left more space at the back. Go and watch Kent run the man down in the corner prior to Lundstram's chance, that's bravery.

This is actually a good point that I agree with. Aside from not scoring, some of the attacking play was some of the best we have played all season. But when you dont put the chances away against a 300million pound team, then you tend to lose.

DiamondDan likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, The Beast said:

We are far too rigid from midfield forward.  It's as if adherence to "the shape" has stifled all creativity and expression. Last season we players moving between positions in the formation and guys like Aribo, Kent and Hagi seemingly given more freedom to express themselves. This was witnessed by the fact that goals came from many different players rather than just Morelos.

One has been playing with injury, one is injured and one not quite himself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, johanhentze said:

This is actually a good point that I agree with. Aside from not scoring, some of the attacking play was some of the best we have played all season. But when you dont put the chances away against a 300million pound team, then you tend to lose.

2 shots on target is some of the best attacking play you have seen all season? 45mins of not even working a keeper is the best we have played all season? 

 

Sunglasses Ron likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

2 shots on target is some of the best attacking play you have seen all season? 45mins of not even working a keeper is the best we have played all season? 

 

The actuall football being played..passing and movement. it wasnt as slow and ponderous as it has been all season. It was an improvement - I think you know what I mean. And also.. we had more attempts on goal than "2 shots on target" ffs.. a shot on the crossbar doesnt actually count as a shot on target, but its bloody close though. We had around 4-5 chances that were really close. We had 7 off and 2 on while Lyon had 2 on and 2 off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The Blues said:

300 million team so we have no chance? If this is the case we might as well send the B team along. This has always been the case and we have beaten better teams than Lyon at Ibrox.

Yeah, you always have a chance...against anybody, but when you are up against quality like that you are punished when you dont take your chances. On another day our chances go in and its a different game. Thats my point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

The actuall football being played..passing and movement. it wasnt as slow and ponderous as it has been all season. It was an improvement - I think you know what I mean. And also.. we had more attempts on goal than "2 shots on target" ffs.. a shot on the crossbar doesnt actually count as a shot on target, but its bloody close though. We had around 4-5 chances that were really close. We had 7 off and 2 on while Lyon had 2 on and 2 off. 

Their keeper never had a save to make in the second half, at home thats utterly dreadful no matter who we are up against, 

The Archer likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 27 October 2021 18:45 Until 20:45
      0  
      Rangers v Aberdeen
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Premiership
×
×
  • Create New...