Fashion Sakala

KeyserSoze

I know it’s early days.

But when he’s came on he’s not really changed anything and his first touch on a few occasions has been terrible  

perhaps I was expecting too much, but you can tell can’t you - 

I’d like to see him start in place of Kent 

Just for a look at him. 

Doesn't seem to be in the managers thoughts and that's with all the issues we've had...

Kent totally off form

Wright isolating for covid 

Roofe family issues and suspended

Morelos arriving late

Hagi with covid

All of the above issues and he's barely m managed to play more than 90 minutes across all games this season 

23 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Had a good moment at the end when he skipped past their LB and drove into the box right on the line but his touch looks poor at times and his movement is very confusing. I said after the Malmo game (I think) he was worrying me a little, and he still is.

When we signed him, from watching his videos, I assumed he was going to be a Mane style player with plenty of pace and a goalscoring touch wide of a front three.

I'd quite like to see him and Roofe play either side of Morelos from the start of a game.

He absolutely hates running channels :lol:. So many times our players looked up and wanted him to go down the side of the full-back and he refused to make the run, wanting the ball played directly in to him

That would involve us dropping this two 10s pish and going back to a proper front 3

I still think he will be a decent signing given game time. 

Not going to judge him on last night at all because quite frankly the entire team around him were utter shite.

He took that off target shot from distance and usually being behind I would be annoyed at such a wasteful shot, but not last night, not when fuck all else was happening.

When we decided to play long and over the top, he could have been an asset, Morelos isn't lightning quick and Kent isn't fit. The downside is his touch isn't as true and he isn't as refined as even Wright with his close control. He can be an asset but there's a high chance he could end up like Itten if he's not given a proper run in the team 

He did 3 notable things when he came on.

An awful first touch that gave Lyon the ball back

A dreadful shot from 30 yards.

A decent run that showed his pace when he ran into the box.

Hopefully the last point we see more of. It’s too early to judge needs game time. I think he’ll be decent given time. Would start him on Sunday.

I don’t think he looks ready to step into any meaningful matches atm. He could do with a run of games in the league against the easier opposition to settle and learn the system. Unfortunately, we don’t have many of them coming up. I would definitely be looking to give him a start in the cup next week though. 

1 hour ago, j1mgg said:

He isn't getting enough game time.

Totally agree he needs to start just so we can see what he's about. Seems like he has pace and could be used down the flanks did well hitting the byline late on, one of the only times Lyon looked stretched at the back.

There was a moment with about 5 minutes to go where he beat their left back on the outside and got himself into the box. At least he had a go at their full back which is more than can be said for Kent and Aribo. Kent looks like he's lost all knowledge of how to beat a man.

As for Sakala's speculative long range effort...he was trying something different I'll give him that, but the less said about it the better xD

The first touch thing is probably just a lack of match sharpness. I thought the exact same about Roofe after his first few games for us. Kent needs dropped (looks like he'll be out for a bit anyway) and replaced by Sakala in the front 3. Also need to stop playing Lundstram and Davis together.