Fashion Sakala

KeyserSoze

26 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

A lot of harsh judgements I feel on him. He needs a run of games to get settled in and hopefully he will improve. He showed a lot of energy and movement especially in first half and although he did snatch at a few shots, hopefully the coaching staff (Defoe) start working on him to improve that part of his game.  Similar to the criticism of Wright who started well and then faded,  both players haven’t had a consistent run yet. Yes you kind of need to hit the ground running with Rangers but at the same time, we’ve all seen strikers initially struggle and then go on to be great. Their touch, passing, decision making will hopefully improve as they get match fit and a run of games.  I think both the, brought an energy to the front line we’ve been missing.  They will come good hopefylly

I think this “run of games” thing is a smoke screen. 

you can always tell if there’s natural ability almost from the off.  We used to buy players with a wee bit of a pedigree so we knew what we were getting - the run of games helped them settle into a system and perhaps improve fitness. 
Now we apply the same theory to unknown players hopefully making them better at first touch or shooting or passing or positioning. 

Butcher, Souness, Albertz, Defoe, Laudrup, Gazza etc didn’t need a run of games. 
Players that did struggle at first still had that natural ability (McCoist, Hateley) you could see it from the off . 
Sakala looks lightweight for our game, he was spoken to by the gaffer during the game yesterday to get in behind and run the channel- something he looked like he was unwilling to do.  

I do hope he comes good but there’s nothing in his game that excited me.  

fingers crossed I’m proved wrong though 

He's fast and he likes a shot but his basic ability seems to be well below what we need. I hope this can be significantly improved by coaching but he's a prospect for the future not ready to be an immediate improvement/addition to the first team.

I would think by now that who we buy should be walking into the first team. Even if it is only one or two a window. 

makes no sense to be buying players who need “time” “coaching” etc. 

we need to be putting the shitters up the first team regulars.  
Morelos will be worried not a jot about Sakala, probably the same way he felt about Itten. 

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I would think by now that who we buy should be walking into the first team. Even if it is only one or two a window. 

makes no sense to be buying players who need “time” “coaching” etc. 

we need to be putting the shitters up the first team regulars.  
Morelos will be worried not a jot about Sakala, probably the same way he felt about Itten. 

Morelos seems to have his eye on his next move rather on what's happening at Rangers. Morelos yesterday contribution was to stop Aribo's goalward shot going in.

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

Offered more than Roofe did yesterday the problem we have is stopping goals going in Balogun should have played instead of Simpson.

Roofe didn't have a great game by his standards but that's nonsense.

You're blind if you can't see the difference between Roofe's link up play and Sakala.

@KeyserSoze is spot on when he says you can always tell if there's natural ability straight from the off.

Barisic is another who we all know started slowly but you could always tell he had bags of ability.

If I had to put money on it I think Sakala will score goals here and there but I'll be astounded if in 9-12 months time he's a player we're fending off bids for and are wondering how we got him for free.

46 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

You're blind if you can't see the difference between Roofe's link up play and Sakala.

@KeyserSoze is spot on when he says you can always tell if there's natural ability straight from the off.

Barisic is another who we all know started slowly but you could always tell he had bags of ability.

If I had to put money on it I think Sakala will score goals here and there but I'll be astounded if in 9-12 months time he's a player we're fending off bids for and are wondering how we got him for free.

Roofe was awful Sakala had a much better game, Sakala seems an easier target than Roofe.

Everyone knew Sakala would be work in progress.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

This has gained too much strength. Maybe last year but not this season so far. He is not involved enough in games. Yesterday was not the first quiet game he has had. Good player, but he needs to pick it up.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Roofe might be a better player, ability wise, but he offered nothing yesterday and has been poor all season so far. 

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Sakala may be raw (so was Nacho Novo) but he is getting into the right positions, creating chances and taking the shot on.

He will be a handful for defenders this season.

Novo was a known entity though. We knew exactly what we were getting. 

23 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Back to this pile of nonsense I see

What's nonsense about it  he was quoted in the press while on international duty wanting a move, he also stopped Aribos shot going into the goal.

We need to have a squad who want to be here I include Kamara and Goldson in that if they do not sign contracts.

Just now, TamCoopz said:

Press are hardly ones to be trusted for reliable information 

I doubt he intentionally blocked the ball because he doesn’t want to be here 

The press got the story because he did an interviewiwth El VBar de Caracol Radio stating that.

20 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Sakala may be raw (so was Nacho Novo) but he is getting into the right positions, creating chances and taking the shot on.

He will be a handful for defenders this season.

He's not as bad as everyone stated he did quite well I thought, Roofe as an experienced player should have offered more.

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

A quote from said interview ‘…so my stay in Rangers continues and I feel happy.’ 

The 25-year-old revealed on Colombian radio that he was very happy with the Gers but still hopes that the opportunity to move on comes up “soon” [El VBar de Caracol Radio].

At least be honest nothing worse than a dishonest poster.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

The 25-year-old revealed on Colombian radio that he was very happy with the Gers but still hopes that the opportunity to move on comes up “soon” [El VBar de Caracol Radio].

At least be honest nothing worse than a dishonest poster.

What did I say that was dishonest? 😂😂😂

Just now, Smile said:

You do know how radio/media works a player makes a comment the press report said comment.

Aye and I gave you a quote which you seem to think I’ve made up. We’ve seen before how news stories from abroad are blown out of proportion, we know he wants a move and this has been the case for ages but it’s not happened yet and he’s happy.