Lundstram must start

five stars

11 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Agree but I thought Balogun ran him close. I might get pelters for that but I don't think Balogun put a foot wrong. He got a bit lucky in the first half when the ball broke off a Dundee player closing him down in our box as he tried to clear it but that wasn't a situation of his own making and he probably done really well there.

Lundstram and Balogun were our top performers today.  Also, can’t fault the GK for saving a pen and a clean sheet.  Tav and Goodson were shocking at times.

21 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Agree but I thought Balogun ran him close. I might get pelters for that but I don't think Balogun put a foot wrong. He got a bit lucky in the first half when the ball broke off a Dundee player closing him down in our box as he tried to clear it but that wasn't a situation of his own making and he probably done really well there.

Balogun has played very well the last couple of games,has proven he is a very good defender. 

18 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Somebody gave him a 3/10 for his performance today in the match thread 🤣🤣

Just goes to show that there are some who won't admit they are wrong. Look how long it took Hateley to settle.

5 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Whilst he was the better of the midfielders today and has improved, I feel he needs to move the ball quicker, he's part of the problem of the pedestrian pace of making himself look tidy with too many touches.

There wasn't much movement ahead of him tbh. The lack of movement/intensity is pretty glaring right now. Far too many players off form at the moment. 

Our strikers always seem to have their backs to goal, and not been impressed with Roofe thus far either. 

Hopefully form will pick up though. 

35 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

There wasn't much movement ahead of him tbh. The lack of movement/intensity is pretty glaring right now. Far too many players off form at the moment. 

Our strikers always seem to have their backs to goal, and not been impressed with Roofe thus far either. 

Hopefully form will pick up though. 

They play with their backs to goal because they need to, its the only way they can see the passes to them and get the ball, 

We dont play a system that allows the strikers to sit on the last defender waiting on the ball through, 

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He's went from a team that spent most of the time under pressure, playing a central role constantly without worrying about covering anyone, like fullbacks etc

He was always going to take time to learn gerrards system, and his best games have been when he's been more central

That is spot on, Davis and Lundstram can't play together.

I really liked his game today, he thrived in the middle of the park in a though match.

44 minutes ago, five stars said:

Will Gerrard bring Davis back in as sitting midfielder against Sparta?

I guess he'll go for his experience.

I can see him going with both. I think he will set up a more rigid midfield designed to keep the ball and work hard when not in possession. Flair players like Hagi may be sacrificed.