Lundstram must start

five stars

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Absolutely. Love the kid and couldn’t be happier to see him getting game time and doing well. 

His cross was pin point, but still doesn’t mean I think he played well yesterday. He had a number of horrendous crosses, wasn’t up with play the way Tav usually is, and Gerrard went ballistic at him for a wild shot when Hagi should have been slipped in.

Thought he was just OK, wasn’t bad but wasn’t great either.

Talk of Tav not starting again after that performance is a nonsense. People just see what they want to. 

Glad you like him as well.  

I agree he made mistakes but Tav has been poor and also been making mistakes for most if the games he has played this season so I am prepared to cut Nathan a bit bit more slack than maybe I should have. I think the pressure on him yesterday was huge and so maybe I am able to be a bit more lenient. I am just glad we have such a talent who is also a fan.      

I think it is worth adding that 10 of us could watch a game and all probably come up with different opinions on how the players performed, it is just how we football fans are.  

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Glad you like him as well.  

I agree he made mistakes but Tav has been poor and also been making mistakes for most if the games he has played this season so I am prepared to cut Nathan a bit bit more slack than maybe I should have. I think the pressure on him yesterday was huge and so maybe I am able to be a bit more lenient. I am just glad we have such a talent who is also a fan.      

I think it is worth adding that 10 of us could watch a game and all probably come up with different opinions on how the players performed, it is just how we football fans are.  

Me too. Loved his celebrations yesterday. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Absolutely. Love the kid and couldn’t be happier to see him getting game time and doing well. 

His cross was pin point, but still doesn’t mean I think he played well yesterday. He had a number of horrendous crosses, wasn’t up with play the way Tav usually is, and Gerrard went ballistic at him for a wild shot when Hagi should have been slipped in.

Talk of Tav not starting again after that performance is a nonsense. People just see what they want to. 

Gerrard went absolutely mental at him for not sliding Hagi in. Buckled at Patterson deliberately trying not to look at him because he knew he was getting it :lol:

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tav deserved to be dropped after Thursday.

He was dreadful in Prague until the last 5 mins.

He's going through the same poor run of form he went through last season. Indecisive in his tackling + poor in the final third

27 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Patterson gets a 6 for me and that was due to the great cross at the goal, there was far too many bad simple passes and poor crossing from him that the other 3 full backs(Bassey to a lesser extent) get slaughtered for.

Like most of the team Patterson was fuckin rotten in the first half. He played a bit better in the second half. He is still a promising young player. 

4 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Tavernier fucks up crosses like that every game he plays. If he was subbed yesterday we wouldnt have won that game. 

Hes the only one in that squad I would be disappointed if we lost him.....

He should have been subbed. He clearly had cramp and couldn’t run. He could have cost us. I really like Paterson and I think he has a really bright future for us but he’s not quite there yet IMO

Patterson overhit two crosses. One in the first half and one in the second half. I don't really think he did much else wrong.

James Tavernier is a decent player who hasn't played well since coming back from his injury which was last Feb/Mar! That's a long time to be off-form.

Imo, they are both good players and it creates a dilemma. Personally, Patterson edges it for me but I fully expect Gerrard to reinstate his captain after the break.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Tav will definitely be back in for hearts at home. 

I think what we will see but is more rotating this season at RB. Gerrard was saying at the post match press conference they feel they've overplayed Tav in the last 3 seasons.

It sounds like Patterson will get a good chuck of game time.

4 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I agree he made mistakes, but surely we have to understand the pressure he was under in such an important game. He was coming in for the captain in a must win game with a crowd who are nervous about the game .

I thought his cross for our first goal was fantastic and while he has a lot of learning to do I hope young Nathan is given the chance to show the talent he obviously has. His reaction after Roofe scored and at the end showed how much that win ment to him.

All about opinions mate but I just love this young player who if he was not playing would be sitting in the stands with us fans. :thumbup:

His energy, drive, link up play, determination etc were all good. Unfortunately bar his cross for the goal his end ball wasn't. Some crosses were woeful.

I'm pretty sure he's going to grow into a great rb for us, but if I'm being objective then right now he needs to do so much more when he gets the nod. It may be he's actually trying too hard and just needs composure. 

It's not just him tbf, all our full backs have been wasteful this season.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

His energy, drive, link up play, determination etc were all good. Unfortunately bar his cross for the goal his end ball wasn't. Some crosses were woeful.

I'm pretty sure he's going to grow into a great rb for us, but if I'm being objective then right now he needs to do so much more when he gets the nod. It may be he's actually trying too hard and just needs composure. 

It's not just him tbf, all our full backs have been wasteful this season.

In my initial reply about Nathan I said he was brought in to replace 'the captain' in a must win game at a packed Ibrox and that had to be a rather daunting day for him, he would have been delighted and excited to be given the game, but as I say he must have been a bit nervous I would have thought.

All I am saying is that he was no worse when not playing at his best than many of the players who have been poor this season IMO.

I think we are all agreeing in that he still is not the finished article, how can he be with the low number of games he has had, but Tav will need to up his game, which we know he can do, or this young man will be starting more games soon.  

PS - Poor Lundstram must be reading this and wondering why we are all discussing Nathan in his thread. :lol:

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

In my initial reply about Nathan I said he was brought in to replace 'the captain' in a must win game at a packed Ibrox and that had to be a rather daunting day for him, he would have been delighted and excited to be given the game, but as I say he must have been a bit nervous I would have thought.

All I am saying is that he was no worse when not playing at his best than many of the players who have been poor this season IMO.

I think we are all agreeing in that he still is not the finished article, how can he be with the low number of games he has had, but Tav will need to up his game, which we know he can do, or this young man will be starting more games soon.  

PS - Poor Lundstram must be reading this and wondering why we are all discussing Nathan in his thread:lol:

Ah, so this explains why I got a pm from a new poster with no posts asking for this thread to be brought back on topic...

49 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Ah, so this explains why I got a pm from a new poster with no posts asking for this thread to be brought back on topic...

Ah ha, good to know we have our 'players' wanting to get involved with the best Rangers forum mate.     :boughy:   

13 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Still find that incredible tbh , it was an obvious red and I sit in the back row of the copland rear , unbelievable there's any sort of controversy 

I never  said there was any controversy. Ref got it spot on, but when the tackle happened I didn’t think ‘foul’ I thought ‘ooft, that’s a cracking tackle’.

just my take on it,.