Lundstram must start

five stars

1 minute ago, five stars said:

Lundstram doesn't look mobile enough to be a box to box player, he looks lost playing on the left or right of a 3.

But he could potentially be a good central defensive midfielder with good strength and decent passing, allowing Kamara and Aribo to go box to box.

Davis can't play every game.

Not trying to be funny mate but I can't recall any "decent" passes forward from him.

11 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

I did read it, even in the context it does seem a strange thing to say to any footballer, "stay further up the park etc" or words to that effect fair enough but to say "stay away from the ball" well that's just such a weird thing to say IMO.

Stay further up the park so the centre backs can push forward isn't that weird imo given the formation they played but each to their own

1 hour ago, five stars said:

Lundstram doesn't look mobile enough to be a box to box player, he looks lost playing on the left or right of a 3.

But he could potentially be a good central defensive midfielder with good strength and decent passing, allowing Kamara and Aribo to go box to box.

Davis can't play every game.

Did he no start out as CDM and had to change his game to fit the shape.

Surely the Lundstram  has to start against the allegedly  lesser teams and earn his place in the bigger games just like anyone else.

The man clearly has talent but reputation alone must not guarantee  him game time over players like Bacuna and Kelly if they are performing well.

4 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Did he no start out as CDM and had to change his game to fit the shape.

Surely the Lundstram  has to start against the allegedly  lesser teams and earn his place in the bigger games just like anyone else.

The man clearly has talent but reputation alone must not guarantee  him game time over players like Bacuna and Kelly if they are performing well.

The Lundstram

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Why? That's not the type of player he is or ever has been. Would be like expecting a big strapping centre-back when we signed Morelos. He's a water carrier who breaks up play and allows others to get forward. We already have Kamara who does that better than Lundstram could ever try to.  Same when Gerrard said he wants goals from him. Cunt's scored 16 goals in a decade and we're wanting him to be reguarly scoring.

You're right this time. From that SU team Fleck would have given us that type of player but not Lundstram.

Lundstram was/is a poor signing who adds nothing to the team better or additional to what we already had. He's a downgrade on pretty much every existing midfielder we have. 

We would be far better fast tracking young Kelly in to provide more midfield depth than waste any further time on Lundstram.

4 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

He has been poor people have said he played well on Thursday is that because Gerrard is saying it because I just don't see it. He looks out his depth with our system.

The only reason some folk are saying he played well is because they are clutching at straws and looking for some kind of positivity, Lundstum was OK at best as was Balogun the rest were going through the same motions they have since the start of the season and its about time they snapped out of it.

6 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

The only reason some folk are saying he played well is because they are clutching at straws and looking for some kind of positivity, Lundstum was OK at best as was Balogun the rest were going through the same motions they have since the start of the season and its about time they snapped out of it.

When I heard he was signing I thought he would be strong and hard in the challenge not turning his back on shots. His passing is a bit poor as well. I hope he gets better but not a good start and for a big guy he's a bit of a fairy.

17 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

He has been poor people have said he played well on Thursday is that because Gerrard is saying it because I just don't see it. He looks out his depth with our system.

Happens all the time. Folk will shout someone's beenn shit until the manager says the opposite then they suddenly do a 180

20 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

When davis went off he was much improved, at that point we went to a 4231, he seemed way more comfortable in a 2 man midfield instead of a 3

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Happens all the time. Folk will shout someone's beenn shit until the manager says the opposite then they suddenly do a 180

I hope he gets better he's made a long term commitment to the club and at 27 we are the biggest club he has played for. Hope he comes good but has been a bit of a dodgy start.

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

When davis went off he was much improved, at that point we went to a 4231, he seemed way more comfortable in a 2 man midfield instead of a 3

Think he's been played in a 2 man midfield most of his career. I think everyone expected a different kind of player.

6 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

If Davis has been our best player this season that says a lot about the rest tbh.

Because Davis has been a 5/10 this season. 

Davis looks like he’s trying hard which is more than you can say for most of them 

Most of them are sauntering about making Aribo look like a hard worker

57 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

I hope he gets better he's made a long term commitment to the club and at 27 we are the biggest club he has played for. Hope he comes good but has been a bit of a dodgy start.

It's a difficult one, same as Sakala. If you are in and out of the team it's hard to gain momentum and an understanding of how we play in an actual match. 

Perfect example would be Hately years ago. Looked cumbersome as fuck when we first signed him, but Souness stuck by him - at the expense of McCoist at the time, which obviously wasn't popular - Mo Johnston and Hately were preferred. Hately came good. 

Not saying they are near the quality of Hately, but sometimes players just need a run in the team. Sometimes it works out, other times players just don't make the cut. 

1 hour ago, Zappa6995 said:

Hahahahahaha

Said it after a couple of games that Lundstram and Davis cannot play together. Thats not to say that Davis isn't great and lundstram could be good. they are the same player, i saw lundstram running into the space that Davis wanted on several occassions.

Jack and Kamara are the same type of player so they cannot both play if Davis plays, davis needs to play as many games as possible and every important one. Jack would cover for Tav when he went forward and because of that we never really looked exposed (Candeias was also good at this) 

For me Aribo is the one to be sacrificed if we want Lundstram to play more, IF Wright replaces Kent. 

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

On paper Davis and Lundstram should work together well. Davis who maybe isn't as mobile as he was sitting deep dictating play and Lundstram doing a lot of running ahead of him. 

Not a the minute as they seem to both be playing the CDM role.

Against better teams we should deploy the 2 CDMs (Davis and Kamara) and hit on the counter, weaker teams (every league game) we only need the one, unless we expect both full backs to be getting forward at the same time.