Lundstram must start

five stars

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Did well again. Still very raw in some bits of his play but no doubt he has potential.

Aye. Just wish he had put his big chance in the first half in to the back of the net. Brilliant pass from Goldson (one of many great passes tonight), brilliant first touch from Bassey then brilliant feet to get the shooting chance. It may have been his "wrong foot" that he took the shot with but at that level I think it was a wee bit of a lack of composure why he didn't hit the target rather than the foot he took the shot with.

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Final ball was atrocious 

He barely played a "final ball" all night because that wasn't his role. He broke up play and kept things simple. Easily his best performance in a Rangers jersey so far although he will have harder tests than tonight.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Good second half but thought he was shite again in the first. 

He clearly hasn’t it in him to go forward with the ball and attack unless the rest of the team initiate it, which is what happened when Hagi came on 

He was as if not more crucial in the first goal than hagi 

9 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

He barely played a "final ball" all night because that wasn't his role. He broke up play and kept things simple. Easily his best performance in a Rangers jersey so far although he will have harder tests than tonight.

What you on about, have you watched a Gerrard team over the last 3 years?

The full backs role is to get up the park and put the ball in the box. He got past his man or to the by line 4 or 5 times, every time  his delivery was shite as it ended up out for a goal kick or in keepers hands.

Going by a player might look good but if you have no final product it means fuck all.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

The play only became more attacking because Hagi had came on and instantly changed the dynamic of the game, and more crucial than the guy that makes the assist? :lol:

Yes, he intercepted their attack, then played the ball forward to initiate our attack. 

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

There’s fucking no chance he was motm tonight btw :lol:

That was Hagi all day long and I’m not sure how anyone could come to any other conclusion 

Patterson was close as well imo. He was the the only one driving forward first half.

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Yes, he intercepted their attack, then played the ball forward to initiate our attack. 

His role was not more important than Hagi’s in that goal, it’s not even up for debate.

He didn’t have a better overall performance than Hagi either, he was never motm. The only reason people are giving him that is because he improved tonight on his previous dire performances 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

His role was not more important than Hagi’s in that goal, it’s not even up for debate.

He didn’t have a better overall performance than Hagi either, he was never motm. The only reason people are giving him that is because he improved tonight on his previous dire performances 

Ok that's that then 

Clueless 😂

In the first half there were a number of times he picked the wrong pass and went sideways instead of releasing the likes of Patterson.

He also let a simple pass roll by him and one point and won it back thankfully with a sliding challenge. I’ve no idea why the crowd clapped that because the fact he nearly lost possession was mind blowing 

3 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Patterson was close as well imo. He was the the only one driving forward first half.

He wasn’t, his final ball was shite as well.

Did well getting us up the park and looked the only one interested in first half but again, no final product it means fuck all.

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

His past two performances have been fine. He still doesn't look like a player who will be a significant upgrade to our starting 11 which is what we needed in the summer, but he's been decent. 

His performance against Lyon was anything but fine, he just looked better than average because Davis and Kamara were complete gash 

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

What you on about, have you watched a Gerrard team over the last 3 years?

The full backs role are to get up the park and put the ball in the box. He got past his man or to the by line 4 or 5 times, every time  his delivery was shite as it ended up out for a goal kick or in keepers hands.

Going by a player might look good but if you have no final product it means fuck all.

Mate I've just wrote a reply out to you then deleted it because something didn't make sense. Had to go back a few quoted posts but we're talking about two different players which I can see is my fault. I was talking about Lundstram. Agree with you that Bassey needs a better final ball. Bed time for me :lol:

It is the Lundstram thread after all.