Lundstram must start

five stars

That was his best game last night but it was still only a 6/10 performance being generous.

He shown nothing to suggest that he is good enough to be a midfield first pick going forward. At best he is emergency cover.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I noticed both full backs got praise and applause for some shocking crosses last night, crowd would have been on Tav and Barisic's back. All I want is fairness!

Agreed, it would be great to hear the same warm applause and encouragement for Barisic and Tav’s poor crosses and passes.

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Spot on.

This season reminds me of the Barisic vs Halliday season when people were clamouring for Halliday to play, were making out his average performances were great. Barisic has had similar performances to Bassey last night where he gets slated, yet Bassey is being praised highly.

In a game where the opposition had zero interest to attack(no shot at goal) and the full backs were the width, the crossing last night which both Tav and Barisic have correctly been slated for was poor again. 

A think that's why we miss Kent despite him no starting well, he will drag the opposing RB inside giving borna/Bassey more room. You see it when borna n Bassey are one on one with a fullback they just show them on to the wrong foot and they struggle, they've not got the 5 yard pace to do a fullback one on one. 

Tav despite not being pacey, seems to find that couple of yards to get a cross in, just wish it would hit the penalty spot instead of first man or oot for a throw in 😂

1 half decent performance (and that's pushing it) and people are saying that's him vindicated 

He played decent against a Livingston side who had 0 shots, who were absolutely pish and even then he wasn't brilliant 

Him, Patterson & Wright are 3 players who seem to get better the more they don't play....Wright is the only one I'd be happy to see given some game time given our forward players have been poor so far this season 

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I noticed both full backs got praise and applause for some shocking crosses last night, crowd would have been on Tav and Barisic's back. All I want is fairness!

Both were very similar in that defending was fine given little threat, getting forward with combination plays often very good up to the final 3rd, then both sadly lacking in quality with crossing and finishing.

I get folk being a bit lenient due to their age, but ultimately unless they can be better than the more experienced pro (and neither showed enough last night) then they'll rightly remain backups.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Both were very similar in that defending was fine given little threat, getting forward with combination plays often very good up to the final 3rd, then both sadly lacking in quality with crossing and finishing.

I get folk being a bit lenient due to their age, but ultimately unless they can be better than the more experienced pro (and neither showed enough last night) then they'll rightly remain backups.

Patterson will never be the best crosser or passer of a ball. He reminds me of Hutton in the aspect. But what he does have is variation. Sometimes he plays through the middle or crosses or cuts it back. But his energy levels and tackling are his biggest assets.

As for Bassey... he can get to the by-line better than Barisic but at this stage in their career, I still think Borna is better although Bassey has a great future.

Lundstram is good in games like last night but so far has been badly exposed in Europe. Still not a starter for me.

20 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

It's fucking ridiculous how easy a ride he gets. There is only 9 months between Bassey and Patterson but the latter is treated with the affection and patience of a 3 day old puppy.

Total clamour for him to play as if he is Cafu, then he plays and does absolutely nothing.

Half the issue is that the expectation on Tav, at times, is crazy. Last season his goals and assists were at crazy levels, this season he's our biggest contributor along with Alfie but people still want him dropped.

I've been critical of Barisic this season but with him and Tav in the side we always have a chance of a goal because at least one of them has that one ball that will create a goal scoring chance.

On 23/09/2021 at 12:30, Rangers_no1 said:

At least they vary it and try to get into box / byeline at times. With Tav especially, it's a speculative cross from the wide areas most of the time. Now and again it produces, at least it used to 🤔

7 hours ago, ronniescu said:

At least they vary it and try to get into box / byeline at times. With Tav especially, it's a speculative cross from the wide areas most of the time. Now and again it produces, at least it used to 🤔

Now and again?

One of the top assisters in the league last season and again so far this season too.

Varying it is great, if it gets the end result. Neither did the other night, opportunity wasted. Build up play is essential but so are goals and assists from out full backs and neither delivered.

On 18/09/2021 at 07:02, five stars said:

Lundstram's had an indifferent start to his Rangers career.

Its time for him to be given the opportunity with a run of starts. 

But playing a central role as defensive midfielder instead of Davis.

Give Lundstrom a chance in that key position playing a Ryan Jack type roll.

We need to shake things up a bit with nobody's place in the team being guaranteed.

I laughed when you first posted this. I’m not laughing now. He’s been solid the past couple of games.

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

My motm.

Mine too. Solid performance on Wednesday and slightly better again today. Shades of Davis today - playing deeper in between the 2 CH’s at times - but also breaking up the play, moving the ball, getting stuck in and unlucky not to get a goal. A shame Aribo (goal aside) and Kamara didn’t perform otherwise things might have been more convincing.

Hope he continues to grow into the jersey over the next few games.

Just now, semaj said:

deserved MOTM 

Agree but I thought Balogun ran him close. I might get pelters for that but I don't think Balogun put a foot wrong. He got a bit lucky in the first half when the ball broke off a Dundee player closing him down in our box as he tried to clear it but that wasn't a situation of his own making and he probably done really well there.