Jump to content

*****The official Rangers V Motherwell thread*****


Recommended Posts

Won't be popular but I wouldn't be surprised if Simpson starts today as Gerrard loves a bit of centre-half rotation. We're also pretty much limited to Goldson and Balogun in Europe now that Helander is injured so there's also that to think about as I really don't fancy playing Bassey at center-back at European level. 

Marco and IpswichGer like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Flag Day will help to re-inspire the team today and give them a boost towards gunning for the title this year. A feel good day from the fans to finally let loose and let the world know again that we are back where we belong should hopefully translate to a good performance.

 

I am a little concerned about Injuries at the moment! Despite showing real strength in depth on paper we are looking a bit light on decents options through the spine of our team.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two sides to this today for me. 

1) 3 points will do, no matter how; but

2) We are at Ibrox, we are the Champions and we need to put in a performance. We are due one and we need to get the confidence and belief back to hit the levels of last season ASAP.

Injuries, suspensions & covid have undoubtedly hampered our start to the season but that will probably be the way of it for the rest of the campaign. We need to rise to it and deal with it in a fashion that champions should.

We could do with 10x more creativity on the pitch, particularly from midfield. I assume Hagi isn’t back yet which makes this one trickier.

McGregor; Tav; Balogun, Bassey, Barisic; Kamara, Lundstram; Wright, Aribo, Sakala; Roofe.

Bacuna to get 35 mins under his belt, and I’d ditch the 3 in the middle of the park today. We won’t, but I would.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Won't be popular but I wouldn't be surprised if Simpson starts today as Gerrard loves a bit of centre-half rotation. We're also pretty much limited to Goldson and Balogun in Europe now that Helander is injured so there's also that to think about as I really don't fancy playing Bassey at center-back at European level. 

Simpson will play on Wednesday,I would think

Jamie0202 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Simpson will play on Wednesday,I would think

Aye you're probably right mate. Somehow I was thinking we were playing in Europe again in midweek but we're not. Still wouldn't surprise me if Gerrard rotates the back line though through past experience 😂

Ivybank likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Aye you're probably right mate. Somehow I was thinking we were playing in Europe again in midweek but we're not. Still wouldn't surprise me if Gerrard rotates the back line though through past experience 😂

Gerrard really needs to stop it with the defensive rotating, at times he's not been helped with injuries/Covid etc, but we need a settled back 5. Play them most weeks and make the odd change for cups and lesser sides at home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Gerrard really needs to stop it with the defensive rotating, at times he's not been helped with injuries/Covid etc, but we need a settled back 5. Play them most weeks and make the odd change for cups and lesser sides at home.

Pretty hard given covid, injuries and rumours of players incapable of playing 2 games in a week.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...