*****The official Rangers V Motherwell thread*****

Just now, esquire8 said:

And anyone still defending the signing of Simpson needs their heads examined. 

Boy should be sent home until he can be transferred in January.

Bring up one of the B team lads instead.

Absolute fucking woeful defender. 

One of the worst to grace Ibrox in a long time.

Awful player.

Looks to shit himself any time the ball comes to him.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

No.

For me, yet more evidence we should have cashed in on one of the ‘substantial bids’ and used it on a couple of bits of real quality, to freshen things up.

Personally I get that horrible feeling that Kent, Kamara and Alfie are just going thru the motions and have been denied a move in the summer for whatever reason. Reeks of the way their top players went about games last season

First half played some of our best stuff. Second half shocking performance. We didn't bury our chances and got caught out. Honestly didn't look like scoring again after the equalizer. 

We're so far off it right now and something has to be done about it. 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Positive is we're top of the league whilst having arguably one of the worst starts in terms of all round performances that I can remember in years.

But this is looking like a season too far for far too many players.

And Simpson, Wright and Sakala are absolute fucking imposters - never good enough to be starters for us.

That’s exactly what it looks like. Players blowing out their arse. Barasic looks terrified, Tavernier is all over the place, Simpson is fucking awful, Davis and Kamara are miles off it, Kent not interested, Wright isn’t up to the quality needed, Sakala raw as fuck, Morelos carrying too much weight and the bench ?? Airfield is beyond fucking slow. 
It’s like we are watching the death of this squad. Awful to watch and apart from Hagi and Jack nothing to really change it. 
We are going to fuck this big time 

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So disappointing after some of the quality we showed in the first half.

Couldn't really give a fuck about the celtic result. More concerned about some of our lacklustre performers out there.

What has happened to Roofe the last few games.?He is hardly involved.

He was bright in the first half but that second half was shocking. SG couldn’t see this it seems. 

This is going to be a very long season. That midfield is rank. Having said that if we take the chances at the start of the second half (especially the Roofe chance which was a sitter) that would have been game over.  Disappointed but Motherwell fought hard for their point.

We have 1 midfielder who can shoot from outside the box. Lundstram. Today would’ve been perfect for him. Didn’t need both Kamara and Davis in this game. Don’t know what’s going on with the fucking tactics Gerrard is thinking about. Simpson should never play for us again. Big Calvin Bassey should’ve been in there. Raging. 

Have calmed down a bit now, the last 15 minutes were frustrating as fuck.  Wright isn't good enough for our matchday squad right now imo and the jury is out on Sakala.  Our defence was weak as fuck for their goal, reminded me a bit of the goals we would concede pre-Gerrard.

The positives from today are that Bacuna actually looked like a not bad player when he came on.  Also, if someone had told me we would be 4 points clear of them after 6 games before the season then I would be happy with that.  The frustrating thing is we should be at least 6 points clear.  Anyway, they are 1 or 2 losses away from completely collapsing again.  We just need to close out games better and they will fall away.  Today very disappointing but I would much rather be in our position than theirs.

Just now, Siam69 said:

Simpson dithering gifted them their goal, but let's be honest, they had plenty half decent chances.

Speaking of which, we had enough chances to win 2 games ffs.

Plenty energy and looked good going forward in the 1st half, but with Helander out, we are an injury to Goldson away serious problems, or even more serious problems i should say.

Are we allowed to bring Katic back in January or is it a full season loan.

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

Unfortunately I can see us dropping the same points they do away from home but they look like they are destroying the lesser teams at home as well which we can't do

Yes mate - the couple of big scores they’d had at home were just making me worry a little that they’d blitz all the alsorans - as Hertz & now Livi have proved, they can still be got at!

Has that just added another to this big long away run for them?

They’ve only beaten the bottom 3, I think!🙈😂

7 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Aye away from home on a plastic  pitch, do you think for a moment that the impostors that were out there today would have swept Livi aside easily, I dont.

So, rather than just concede we should have won that match (and just threw away 2 points with bad defending and bad finishing after some great forward play in the first half), you’d rather ignore the filth losing and project a result where we wouldn’t beat livingstone rather than focus on us stretching our lead? This thread is mad today.

FWIW Some of our play in the first half was the best this season, and the front 3 were causing all sorts of problems and playing through the middle rather than going out wide like we always do.If anything, bringing Alfie on etc caused us to revert to our usual style and even cost us the win with the deflection of Aribo’s shot.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Gerrards fault not his, everybody but the management knows he’s shite ,he’s going to cost us more goals as the season goes on, you would think balogun was 40 year old he would have strolled today’s game.

I just wish barasic was sold in the window, he’s truly awful, defending or attacking

I really think we need to try something different and drastic in midfield.

Try Lundstram in the Davis position alongside Kamara in the middle and play 2 of Sakala, Kent Wright on the wings. With Roofe and Morelos up top or Bacuna behind them. Just try anything to freshen it up as Aribo, Kamara and Davis offer fuck all worthwhile going forward. Just try something different as it isn't working!

Get Bassey and Patterson in as well as they at least have pace to get in behind. Let them make runs from deep instead of moving up the pitch at a snails pace as a team to allow Borna and Tav to catch up.

Just go mental with a massive first team change and see what happens as it's boring as fuck just now and at feels like we're a few bad results away from imploding.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

He's so lightweight, I think he's actually lost muscle mass since we signed him, no use in this league where 90% of strikers are looking to impose their physical presence. He's no better than David Bates was and no matter how stubbornly Gerrard persists with him he's not going to suddenly turn it around and come good for us. 

Just now, keithgersbear said:

Good point...

if you go by our second half performance it probably was a good point. We are fucking stinking in every aspect. Creativity, Desire, Decision making, leadership its all lacking this year and none of the senior and experienced players look like they give a fuck or know how to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. 

I get pelters on here for the stick i give Davis  but its no fucking wonder. He offers next to nothing most games but is still lauded as a top player. Where was he today? As an experienced player and ex captain he should have been barking orders and taking the game by the scruff of the neck. Instead he moused around in midfield playing 5 yard passes sideways at the edge of their box instead of taking responsibility and shooting. Its not good enough. Others are guilty and its not just him but he seems to be a mainstay in the team even though he looks like his legs can only give one decent 45 mins a week at most out of 180.

I dont want to see him and kamara in the same side again, especially at ibrox against what should be fodder. We need to stop giving teams too much respect and get our swagger back.