*****The official Rangers V Motherwell thread*****

I thought we were fantastic the first half. Just needing to be more decisive in the box. If Roofe had scored at the start of the 2nd it would have been a walk in the park. However, we just fell apart and stopped playing. Every time we got forward they just dithered on the box. Aribo was especially guilty of that. 

2 points dropped, thank fuck the tims lost.

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

We have 1 midfielder who can shoot from outside the box. Lundstram. Today would’ve been perfect for him. Didn’t need both Kamara and Davis in this game. Don’t know what’s going on with the fucking tactics Gerrard is thinking about. Simpson should never play for us again. Big Calvin Bassey should’ve been in there. Raging. 

Lundstram won't be that type of midfielder for us I'm afraid. He's been coached, or being coached into a sitting dmf unfortunately. Genuinely felt he was going to be our wijnaldum at Liverpool shooting from range and breaking beyond the line striker and like Liverpool leaving Henderson and fabinho sitting deep. 

Unless Gerrard has a massive change of tactics which we know won't happen lundstram is another player that is wasting his time at the club

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Personally I get that horrible feeling that Kent, Kamara and Alfie are just going thru the motions and have been denied a move in the summer for whatever reason. Reeks of the way their top players went about games last season

Haven’t dared say it before, mate, but that’s exactly how I’m seeing it.

7 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

What are we doing? We are fucking clueless around the box. 

It's honestly tragic.

Watching the first half it was some nice wee bits of play and you think right let's kick on from this and start upping the pressure and hammering their goal but the problem is those nice toothless wee bits of play are actually all were capable of.

We only score from set pieces it seems

18 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Surprised he started the game, at some point time is going to catch up with him. Good chance to rest him today and midweek and give Lundstram a few games on the bounce to see if he can function in a midfield without Davis. Lets face it he cant go on forever.

It looks like time has caught up with him.  Around the hour mark he started playing those passes back to the goalkeeper and defenders when they are being pressed instead of looking for a forward pass.  It was his pass to McGregor where it got kicked out for a throw in that led to their goal.  McGregor messed up not clearing it but Davis could've helped by making a forward pass and not putting McGregor under pressure.

To be honest the whole midfield set up is all wrong right now.  We need to pick either Kamara or Davis and then have more attacking midfielders around them, otherwise we end up having 2 players incapable of getting a shot on target and the opposition can just crowd the others away from goal.

Is Ryan Jack's absence what is ailing the midfield right now?

There is something missing in the middle of this team and it's been glaring since last season.

Ridiculous decision making in the final third of the park and dodgy defending at times has made this a hard watch so far this season.

3 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

I really think we need to try something different and drastic in midfield.

Try Lundstram in the Davis position alongside Kamara in the middle and play 2 of Sakala, Kent Wright on the wings. With Roofe and Morelos up top or Bacuna behind on them. Just try anything to freshen it up as Aribo, Kamara and Davis off fuck all worthwhile going forward. Just trying something different as it isn't working!

Get Bassey and Patterson in as well as they at least have pace to get in behind. Let them make runs from deep instead of moving up the pitch at a snails pace as a team to allow Borna and Tav to catch up.

Just go mental with a massive first team change and see what happens as it's boring as fuck just now and at feels like we're a few bad results away from imploding.

Can't see that working myself. Have Kamara as the sitting dmf and use lundstram as the genuine b2b cmf and either Bacuna or hagi as the creative option. 

Either 4132 or the horrible 4321 formation 

Just now, MarzM said:

I thought we were fantastic the first half. Just needing to be more decisive in the box. If Roofe had scored at the start of the 2nd it would have been a walk in the park. However, we just fell apart and stopped playing. Every time we got forward they just dithered on the box. Aribo was especially guilty of that. 

2 points dropped, thank fuck the tims lost.

Fantastic is a huge stretch.

We aren't creating clear goal scoring opportunities. Everything's a scramble or a shot through bodies or played wide for a clipped ball into the box.

How many times are we cutting teams open and rolling someone in square for a tap in? Or playing someone through clean on goal.

14 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

How can we play so well last season and be utter horse shit this season.

Performance levels are 100 miles aff it. It’s so fucking frustrating

Frustrating is the right word I would say, played so well the first 50 minutes but with only one goal that was always a possibility. :sad:

Just now, rabc10000 said:

Lundstram won't be that type of midfielder for us I'm afraid. He's been coached, or being coached into a sitting dmf unfortunately. Genuinely felt he was going to be our wijnaldum at Liverpool shooting from range and breaking beyond the line striker and like Liverpool leaving Henderson and fabinho sitting deep. 

Unless Gerrard has a massive change of tactics which we know won't happen lundstram is another player that is wasting his time at the club

I’m talking about the opportunities that we had to shoot today from outside the box mate. Davis and Kamara would miss from 6 yards out. Lundstram can fairly hit a ball. We didn’t need both of them in that team today. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Know what you’re saying mate, but no plaudits for that shit show in the second half. As usual he’s taking too long to make subs. Infuriating. 

Relying on set pieces won't win a league.  Part of the game absolutely, but we need to start scoring from open play a lot more often, not rely on pens, screamers or set plays.

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Haven’t dared say it before, mate, but that’s exactly how I’m seeing it.

Just the way they seem to have downed tools this season. Not one of those players are playying anywhere near like they did last season, u could add goldson into that list as well. 

Thing is we could have got by if 1 of those players was struggling but it's too muvb of a coincidence that our main players were, or have been looking to live have all been poor all season so far