*****The official Rangers V Motherwell thread*****

5 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The worrying thing is that we concede now it seems to suck all belief out of the team.

On Thursday the game was over when they scored the second and at no point today did i think we were winning that when it went to 1-1.

Would be nice if we had a player that would take the game by the scruff and melt it in to these players on the field. Is a captain or whoever not to hurt players feelings anymore? That situation today when Goldson was yelling at Tav when he was the culprit was fucking ridiculous. We need a fucking monster in the side. Who’s it going to be?  

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Looked a bit off the pace but did at least try to take a man on and hit a shot from 20 yards out (went wide)

Not entirely sure what his best position is

At what point did he look off the pace? He was 100% completion in all of his touches with a direct approach.

I'm not jumping on his bandwagon yet but he certainly was not off the pace

Borna Barasic has not had a good start to the season. Woefully comedic defending, terrible crosses. 

playing with three up front and two of those really wide doesn’t suit him. He also needs to grow a right foot ffs.  He’s very very left footed. Despite being unlucky with an actual right foot shot yesterday 😂 

9 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Somebody mentioned how deflated the players looked after they equalised. Nobody in the squad is able to raise the team - Motherwell looked like equalising, we never looked like regaining the lead 

Agree - it's obvious that the heads go down when we lose a goal and Tavernier in particular looks deflated. He has many attributes, but he's not a motivational captain who is able to rally the team when things are not going well. The other senior players used to fill the gap here, but it's been noticeable in recent games that this has been missing.

If anyone wants to hear an absolutely shocking statistic - in the game yesterday, the ball was only actually in play for 46 minutes. There was 51 minutes of 'dead' time. 

I remember a few years ago the IFA was proposing two 30 minute halves of football where every time the ball went out of play, the clock was stopped. I'm beginning to say fuck tradition, let's go for that. Fed up of all the time wasting. 

Just now, psb07158 said:

If anyone wants to hear an absolutely shocking statistic - in the game yesterday, the ball was only actually in play for 46 minutes. There was 51 minutes of 'dead' time. 

I remember a few years ago the IFA was proposing two 30 minute halves of football where every time the ball went out of play, the clock was stopped. I'm beginning to say fuck tradition, let's go for that. Fed up of all the time wasting. 

They were at it all game, but we still made plenty of chances. Our own fault, can’t blame them and their shitey diddy team tactics for our inability to defend or finish. 

5 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Agree - it's obvious that the heads go down when we lose a goal and Tavernier in particular looks deflated. He has many attributes, but he's not a motivational captain who is able to rally the team when things are not going well. The other senior players used to fill the gap here, but it's been noticeable in recent games that this has been missing.

It’s not going to change but he’s never captain material. Head goes down, shoulders get hunched and he looks as deflated as the rest 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Aye and while their players were at it constantly none of our lot said too much about it. A Ferguson or Gough would have been ripping into the time wasting fucks and the ref 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

They were at it all game, but we still made plenty of chances. Our own fault, can’t blame them and their shitey diddy team tactics for our inability to defend or finish. 

They were and we did, but I'm just passing general comment that I'm absolutely fed up of being shortchanged as a football fan, going to games which we pay a considerable amount of money to watch. 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I accept the responsibility we must carry for not knowing what to do from 20 yards out but the level of time wasting (or “game management” as it seems to be called these days) is reaching the point where we’re only getting a fraction of what we pay for.

The fact that there was more dead time than actual play should ring alarm bells with those running the game.

Imagine chucking it halfway through the second set of a men’s tennis match or eight holes of a round of golf and you see how ridiculous it’s getting.

The rugby boys stop the clock when the ball is not in play so they get the full eighty minutes.

As things stand, we’re rewarding cheating and denying the public half the product they’re paying for.

21 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

It was 3 minutes from them scoring to us kicking off to restart the game

33 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

That's ridiculous reading when written down like that man, basically getting to see a half of football 😂

24 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I accept the responsibility we must carry for not knowing what to do from 20 yards out but the level of time wasting (or “game management” as it seems to be called these days) is reaching the point where we’re only getting a fraction of what we pay for.

The fact that there was more dead time than actual play should ring alarm bells with those running the game.

Imagine chucking it halfway through the second set of a men’s tennis match or eight holes of a round of golf and you see how ridiculous it’s getting.

The rugby boys stop the clock when the ball is not in play so they get the full eighty minutes.

As things stand, we’re rewarding cheating and denying the public half the product they’re paying for.

Not quite. A ref will only stop the clock for certain situations and they will signal for it. If the ball goes out for a line out etc time doesn't go off.

47 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Having the clock stop won't deter 'time wasting' at all. Teams will still take ages at goal kicks and throw ins, pretend to have head knocks etc to give themselves a breather, get themselves set position wise, and disrupt the rhythm of their opponents. 

52 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

What about the 6 second rule for goalies, Kelly was taking drink breaks and wandering all over the shop.

23 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Having the clock stop won't deter 'time wasting' at all. Teams will still take ages at goal kicks and throw ins, pretend to have head knocks etc to give themselves a breather, get themselves set position wise, and disrupt the rhythm of their opponents. 

If it's a strict clock stop, like in the NBA, it will. As soon as the ball goes out of play or is a goal kick, stop the clock. A player needs to kick the ball for the clock to restart. I had thought that was what was being proposed a while back?

They can still have head knocks etc, but ultimately it doesn't matter how long they roll around on the floor for - they'll have to play 60 minutes of competitive football, ball in play every week. Iirc they chose the 60 minutes mark because that was the mean in the top 5 leagues

23 minutes ago, Dickie said:

What about the 6 second rule for goalies, Kelly was taking drink breaks and wandering all over the shop.

Goalies take the piss but it seems to be a cardinal sin for referees to send someone off for time wasting

54 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

It was 3 minutes from them scoring to us kicking off to restart the game

Aye because the boy decided to celebrate like fuck then wait until walking back to the centre circle before deciding he was injured. 

McLean should have refused on-pitch treatment and told him to get off the pitch but it would take a brave referee to do it because of the potential ramifications if a player has a serious injury and a referee refuses prompt medical attention

9 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

How many fecking games have we blown when we didn’t waste time and play out the clock. Benfica twice? Hamilton last year? Young Boys? St. Johnstone?

We conceded to their only shot on target.

We had more than enough chances to win half a dozen games but couldn’t  put the ball in the net.  If we had gone two up by the half hour it would probably been 5 or 6.

Our crossing was generally poor.  Not incisive enough. 

Defensively we were sloppy for their goal.

A lot of time wasted and something does need to be done to address it.

But we should have been so far ahead by 75 minutes that it was game over.

Anyway 1 point gained on them.

10 hours ago, psb07158 said:

That’s probably on average the amount of normal game time in any game. Don’t know why this stat is getting coverage all of a sudden.

We should’ve buried Motherwell in the first half and to be fair to the ref he played 6 extra minutes for all their carry on.

We’ve only ourselves to blame for not taking the 3 points and I can’t blame Motherwell for what they did yesterday we should maybe learn from it for some of our European games.