*****The official Rangers V Motherwell thread*****

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Completely disagree with every part of this.

League is priority, we need a settled back 5, Gerrard needs to end this CB rotation.

Davis shouldn't be starting either.

It's not going to happen but.

Manager has been rotating CBS since he started. Season 1 it was Goldson, Katic and Worrall. Season 2 it was Goldson Katic and Helander. Season 3 it was Goldson Helander and Balogun.  He's not going to change. 

Definitely agree on Davis should be on the bench today. 

23 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Completely disagree with every part of this.

League is priority, we need a settled back 5, Gerrard needs to end this CB rotation.

Davis shouldn't be starting either.

I don't understand why we keep playing Davis in every game.  At his age either the level of intensity has to drop or his body will breakdown.  There already seems to be a lack of intensity in the last few games and a lack of pressing from midfield.

We need to stick with the same defenders and rotate more in the midfield.  Ideally avoiding overusing players where we need to be encouraging a high pressing game.

We'll win today but it might not be good to watch again.

24 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Balogun played out his skin against the tarriers, played well thurs night, dropped for simpson, we badly need a consistent centre half pairing so they can build a coordination between each other

Agreed with davis as well, especially at home against a team that's likely going to camp in their own box, we could have gave lundstram another start to help him settle

Like the look of the front 3, loads of directness and roofe leading the line hopefully, with his intelligence should cause havoc

Agree re continuity of CB’s, however, isn’t Balogun one who’s struggling to do 2 games a week?

Otherwise, he’s done well to repair his reputation after Malmö & I’d say deserves the chance to follow up on this.

2 minutes ago, shaka said:

I don't understand why we keep playing Davis in every game.  At his age either the level of intensity has to drop or his body will breakdown.  There already seems to be a lack of intensity in the last few games and a lack of pressing from midfield.

We need to stick with the same defenders and rotate more in the midfield.  Ideally avoiding overusing players where we need to be encouraging a high pressing game.

We'll win today but it might not be good to watch again.

Davis plays every game because he's better than the players who come into the position

Davis/Kamara and a 3rd player is what it'll always be unless somebody like Arfield, Kelly, Bacuna etc make a play for 1 of the positions

Davis is a 36 year old who still walks into that midfield, says more about the rest of the players than it does about Gerrard continuing to pick him

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Agree re continuity of CB’s, however, isn’t Balogun one who’s struggling to do 2 games a week?

Otherwise, he’s done well to repair his reputation after Malmö & I’d say deserves the chance to follow up on this.

Nah that was meant to be helander

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Think we are going to pump them with that front 3 tbh 

Genuinely can't see us winning by 6 or 7 goals today but would lived to be wrong. Seen a few guys saying a 4-0 pumping but that's no a pumping for me that's a run of the mill win against shite like this 

19 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Davis plays every game because he's better than the players who come into the position

Davis/Kamara and a 3rd player is what it'll always be unless somebody like Arfield, Kelly, Bacuna etc make a play for 1 of the positions

Davis is a 36 year old who still walks into that midfield, says more about the rest of the players than it does about Gerrard continuing to pick him

But he's also human..... he can't keep playing every game all season with the same intensity when we're playing weekend, mid-week all season.  He even plays international games so doesn't get a rest then.  Do you honestly think he can play every game this season?

1 minute ago, shaka said:

But he's also human..... he can't keep playing every game all season with the same intensity when we're playing weekend, mid-week all season.  He even plays international games so doesn't get a rest then.  Do you honestly think he can play every game this season?

100% he can't but I think Gerrard knows this kinda game is potentially dodgy. Kent/Morelos out & after playing on Thursday night, we need everybody in we can get 

Davis likely needs a break but right now there is nobody who I'd trust to put in before him aside from Kamara.

We either need a fit Ryan Jack back or we need somebody else to step up in the next few weeks 

5 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Genuinely can't see us winning by 6 or 7 goals today but would lived to be wrong. Seen a few guys saying a 4-0 pumping but that's no a pumping for me that's a run of the mill win against shite like this 

Who said 6 or 7 goals? :lol:

4 nil is absolutely a pumping if you’ve dominated the entire game 

2 minutes ago, shaka said:

Ofc he can't, however that could arguably come down to gross mismanagement from Gerrard and Co. Arguably our weakest strengths is midfield yet its the one position we spend the least on shoe hor I g players into playing roles they aren't used to playing. A good manager shoe horns players in and expects them to perform whereas a great manager adapts the system to suit the players he has available