Jump to content

BT


Recommended Posts

Apparently considering not to use Ibrox for studio coverage in protest over the Sutton/TLB exclusion. 
 

As much as I like the clubs approach with the tabloids who print pish, I am beginning to question what our approach is in general with media partners. 
 

It seems we’ve now pissed off both Sky over the Cinch deal and BT with this. That’s not a clever thing to do long-term, as it’s not going to do us any favours. As much as we all despise those 2 “pundits”, this isn’t something you’d see EPL/CL level clubs doing regardless of rivalries. 
 

Thoughts? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ayro said:

The question should be for BT to explain why they picked those two particular pundits to be in Ibrox prior to our home game with a full stadium.

There are many less controversial individuals from their side that could have been picked.

And for all the fake outrage and social media trolling by one of them the decision by the club has been fully vindicated.

Fuck them.

Why did they even think they would get away with that, and why were they not at Parkhead.

Its media bullshit just to make us look bad as usual..........

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am totally against the clubs approach to the media in general it looks like we are trying to stifle free speech leaving aside the two individuals our press conferences are terrible and very amateur with podcaster fans asking stupid questions which have so obviously been vetted

 All we are doing is turning everyone against us ( most were alreadyI know )  but this isn’t the way to get them onside   it’s not the way a well run club should be acting  it is pandering to the lowest form of our support ( which unfortunately is about 60%)   You know the ones I mean the FTP brigade 

we really need to be much smarter here turns sky BT BBC against us is not the way forward we need them on board to attract sponsors in the future and keep the ones we have now  

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

Apparently considering not to use Ibrox for studio coverage in protest over the Sutton/TLB exclusion. 
 

As much as I like the clubs approach with the tabloids who print pish, I am beginning to question what our approach is in general with media partners. 
 

It seems we’ve now pissed off both Sky over the Cinch deal and BT with this. That’s not a clever thing to do long-term, as it’s not going to do us any favours. As much as we all despise those 2 “pundits”, this isn’t something you’d see EPL/CL level clubs doing regardless of rivalries. 
 

Thoughts? 

We do seem to be making more enemies in the media by the day, and we didn’t exactly have many friends to begin with. 

I get ‘going fuck the papers’, but pissing off giants like BT and Sky only goes one way. 

AGM_72, plymouthranger and HG5 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

I am totally against the clubs approach to the media in general it looks like we are trying to stifle free speech leaving aside the two individuals our press conferences are terrible and very amateur with podcaster fans asking stupid questions which have so obviously been vetted

 All we are doing is turning everyone against us ( most were alreadyI know )  but this isn’t the way to get them onside   it’s not the way a well run club should be acting  it is pandering to the lowest form of our support ( which unfortunately is about 60%)   You know the ones I mean the FTP brigade 

we really need to be much smarter here turns sky BT BBC against us is not the way forward we need them on board to attract sponsors in the future and keep the ones we have now  

Majority of our support then,going by the numbers you've pulled out your arse.

 

Spacker 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Maxwell (SFA) in the papers today moaning that these 2 not getting in is a bad image for the whole of Scottish football, presumably 2 greetin faced arseholes sitting in on a European night and slagging off our club would have been an acceptable image for him.

Wanker!

Fuck them all

Blumhoilann and gmcf like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sket said:

Majority of our support then,going by the numbers you've pulled out your arse.

 

Spacker 

Yes unfortunately it is a majority  but as in the population as a whole the masses are in educated and the club is pandering to them   
 

any educated person  knows that you need the press onside it is so important in this day and age where our club is dependant on sponsors we need the TV money from Sky & BT more now than ever so pissing them off is not clever 

Link to post
Share on other sites

BT can go fuck themselves. Said they were going to be the home of Scottish football yet couldn't outbid Skys derisory offer. They give zero fucks so why should we? 

They can use a patch of grass next to Gollum and the beeb for all our matches for all I care. Who gives a fuck about pre and post match coverage anyway?

real boydie9 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

I am totally against the clubs approach to the media in general it looks like we are trying to stifle free speech leaving aside the two individuals our press conferences are terrible and very amateur with podcaster fans asking stupid questions which have so obviously been vetted

 All we are doing is turning everyone against us ( most were alreadyI know )  but this isn’t the way to get them onside   it’s not the way a well run club should be acting  it is pandering to the lowest form of our support ( which unfortunately is about 60%)   You know the ones I mean the FTP brigade 

we really need to be much smarter here turns sky BT BBC against us is not the way forward we need them on board to attract sponsors in the future and keep the ones we have now  

60% 👏

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 21 October 2021 19:00 Until 21:00
      0  
      Rangers v Brondby
      Ibrox Stadium
      UEFA Europa League
×
×
  • Create New...