BT

plymouthranger

6 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Yes unfortunately it is a majority  but as in the population as a whole the masses are in educated and the club is pandering to them   

any educated person  knows that you need the press onside it is so important in this day and age where our club is dependant on sponsors we need the TV money from Sky & BT more now than ever so pissing them off is not clever 

:lol: that's really not gone well for you 

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, im hoping that the club are just going to fuck off all the broadcasters completely and negotiate our own deal through RTV.

The money we are getting from the broadcasters for domestic football is utterly fucking shocking.

But it is far more than we could generate ourselves that’s the sad truth  jeez we couldn’t even make a success of a share issue on the back of 55 ! Embarrassing 

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, im hoping that the club are just going to fuck off all the broadcasters completely and negotiate our own deal through RTV.

The money we are getting from the broadcasters for domestic football is utterly fucking shocking.

How much money do you think Rangers could make doing it ourselves?

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

How much money do you think Rangers could make doing it ourselves?

Honestly, probably allot more than we do currently.

Right now, using RTV allot of people are put off by having to use VPNs and a general fucking rubbish interface.

Open it up to everyone in the UK for home and away matches, at say £30 a month with no need for VPNs and make the interface simple and available on all mainstream streaming devices and i think we would generate much more.

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Would never happen. 

Last season with all the games being on RTV or other clubs streams would've been a slight eye opener on how much profit could be made if there was no TV deal.

Yes the profit would be bigger if there was no games shown on Sky and the only way to watch was on RTV. Although I'm no expert, I doubt it would make as much as what the current Sky TV deal does, even though that was shite in the first place.

But then again with the whole cinch thing, it's looking like some sort of rumblings of change in the game are happening.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Right now, using RTV allot of people are put off by having to use VPNs and a general fucking rubbish interface.

Open it up to everyone in the UK for home and away matches, at say £30 a month with no need for VPNs and make the interface simple and available on all mainstream streaming devices and i think we would generate much more.

Your in cloud cuckoo  land ! 

The fake outrage from BT next game we could have Mo Johnstone and Gazza at the side of the park at the piggery. Sure the GFITW will have nothing to say about that. Both these players were actually threatened for playing for our club not some orchestrated bullshit from BT.

As for Lennon the first bit of paper thrown at him he would be taking a header towards the the floor.

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Firstly, it would have to be for domestic only as for Europe you'd still have to deal with the national broadcaster UEFA sell rights to otherwise you won't be allowed in the competition.

Secondly, Rangers isn't a professional media company. They don't have the equipment or know-how to provide a system. They'd have to negotiate and agree a price for a broadcasting feed from every single team they play domestically. This is easier when it's Annan in the cup (but another logistical nightmare) but harder when it's Hibs or the filth. 

Thirdly, the economics of this just don't stack up I'm afraid. You think people will pay £30 a month solely for Rangers? They're currently paying Sky £30 a month and getting access to all of Scottish football, the Premier League, cricket, golf, etc etc etc. 

This isn't happening. A complete pipedream.

Edit: that is to say, it isn't happening unilaterally. If every club got together and agreed to put together one app offering feeds to all games and marketing it directly themselves (like the NBA app or NFL app) then there's potential. They can't agree on fuck all though, so it won't work.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Would never happen. 

Last season with all the games being on RTV or other clubs streams would've been a slight eye opener on how much profit could be made if there was no TV deal.

Yes the profit would be bigger if there was no games shown on Sky and the only way to watch was on RTV. Although I'm no expert, I doubt it would make as much as what the current Sky TV deal does, even though that was shite in the first place.

But then again with the whole cinch thing, it's looking like some sort of rumblings of change in the game are happening.

What do we make as our share of the TV pot as it currently stands?

Is it not absolute chicken feed?

I struggle to see how we would not match that by doing it in house. We currently take the hit so that the other shitey wee clubs get enough cash to keep their head above the water.

Im past caring about them, they can all fucking die and we can reduce the clubs in scotland to 2 divisions for all I care.

I dont think charging the media £20G , or whatever it was,  was a smart move . How much would that bring in and was it worth the hassle ?

No problem with us banning certain pundits that continually criticise us . I think people would be more understanding of that reason instead of claiming it was a point of security .

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

What do we make as our share of the TV pot as it currently stands?

Is it not absolute chicken feed?

I struggle to see how we would not match that by doing it in house. We currently take the hit so that the other shitey wee clubs get enough cash to keep their head above the water.

Im past caring about them, they can all fucking die and we can reduce the clubs in scotland to 2 divisions for all I care.

£3.4m , £2.4m if you finish 2nd

17 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Cos BT have done that for the last 3/4 years.

The presenting team sit in either Ibrox or park head for whoever is playing the 8 o’clock game at home.

I don't know the answer to this, maybe somebody does.  When, if ever, have Sutton and Lennon been 'selected' by BT to roll up at Ibrox for European match punditry - specifically those 2 haters?

Might just be a coincidence that BT chose them at a time when Rangers are imposing access restrictions on the media and FARE were taking a particular interest in this match!

14 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Like it or not mate, for Uk viewers.....we've sold the rights to BT, Sky & UEFA for all domestic & European games. We would have to break contracts, and, well....that hasn't exactly worked well for us before.

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Firstly, it would have to be for domestic only as for Europe you'd still have to deal with the national broadcaster UEFA sell rights to otherwise you won't be allowed in the competition.

Secondly, Rangers isn't a professional media company. They don't have the equipment or know-how to provide a system. They'd have to negotiate and agree a price for a broadcasting feed from every single team they play domestically. This is easier when it's Annan in the cup (but another logistical nightmare) but harder when it's Hibs or the filth. 

Thirdly, the economics of this just don't stack up I'm afraid. You think people will pay £30 a month solely for Rangers? They're currently paying Sky £30 a month and getting access to all of Scottish football, the Premier League, cricket, golf, etc etc etc. 

This isn't happening. A complete pipedream.

Edit: that is to say, it isn't happening unilaterally. If every club got together and agreed to put together one app offering feeds to all games and marketing it directly themselves (like the NBA app or NFL app) then there's potential. They can't agree on fuck all though, so it won't work.

I stated I was talking about domestic only. Europe is a different kettle of fish, even the £30m CL money is tied to the TV deal in England strangely.

We already run a system for RTV in providing coverage. Its not always the best, but it is there and could be worked on.

I pay £20 a month currently for Rangers only through the app happily. Other than that the only thing im interested in Sky for is the golf majors and Ryder Cup, ill just do them through NowTV this year. I would expect that if we brought it inhouse we could offer a far more comprehensive coverage than is currently offered.

Going by what everyone is saying on here, it seems that people are genuinely believing that the deals we get are in line with what we should expect, and that it is not an absolute piss take. Genuinely I find that surprising. 

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Do you think we should have allowed both to enter Ibrox on Thursday night...?

Yes, it's pretty embarrassing and it's European competition with a national broadcaster, but it doesn't matter what I think. 

The narrative set by Sutton with his tweet after it is what annoyed me.