BT

plymouthranger

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Economy of scale.

Do you think that it would cost magnitudes higher than we are currently doing for our RTV platform which is broadcasting to a lesser amount of people for a cheaper price?

Given there is no physical product, manufacturing costs are basically non-existent.

Increasing the volume of viewers would basically just require an uplift in bandwidth with no significant upscale in production costs.

I might be wrong and RTV might be running at a massive loss currently, but I dont imagine we would keep it running if this was the case.

Dunno what the % profit would be, but even 25% seems huge - and, if that was the correct figure, I doubt we'd get 40,000 subscribers. But as you've been spot on with everything in the covid thread, you could be right here as well 😉

6 minutes ago, left winger said:

Dunno what the % profit would be, but even 25% seems huge - and, if that was the correct figure, I doubt we'd get 40,000 subscribers. But as you've been spot on with everything in the covid thread, you could be right here as well 😉

I think we could easily make a very healthy profit if it wasnt for the fact that everyone else in Scottish Football is an utter worst cunt.

Other clubs would rather do themselves out of money if it meant fucking over someone else. The sporting integrity pish was a perfect example.

To be honest, there is no fucking answer for it. Scottish football is always going to be a small minded cesspit of utter shite. As long as we are in it, we are going to be hindered by it. Shite TV deals and the lot.

People quite rightly have their own opinions on this one and that is right and proper.

I see this (and other decisions taken by the club in respect of the media), as a combination of being selective in who we choose to deal with, protecting existing contractual agreements and on occasion simply flexing their muscles, from a position of relative strength.  The latter is something that has only been in place for a short time.  

Yes, some people are upset, but there was a huge imbalance in how we were portrayed (attacked on occasions) by others, and what we are seeing is the club dealing with it in the way they see fit.  

I support them 100%, and the feelings of the printed press, TV companies, football authorities are absolutely the least of my concerns as long as the club make those changes within the rules and comply with contractual agreements.  

Being the nice guy and taking the easy option to avoid some mud being thrown in our direction does not work. That has been plain to see for many years.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Club should just come out and say that Lennon is banned for his Sectarian language used in the past against us and is therefore incompatible with the 'Everyone, Anyone' campaign.

Just doing the same as we have for fans who were guilty of similar.

Was thinking the same.

Lennon had to be dragged off the Ibrox pitch shouting “orange bastards” at our supporters so the club is well entitled to say he’s not welcome. He should NEVER be welcome.

Sutton plus A.N.Other, I would have had no problem with but you have to wonder why BT could not find a neutral pundit, let alone an ex-Ranger, in the interests of balance.

I'm sure Rangers would have allowed Sutton & Lennon to do punditry for the celtic game before fans arrived. But BT have tried to pull a fly stunt by sneaking them in for a double-header. Why should two celtic-minded men be asked to do punditry on a Rangers game at Ibrox? Could you imagine the outrage if Boyd & Tam Miller were at celtic park to doone of their games?

Somewhere along the line, someone was hoping for sectarian abuse to be shouted at those two with FARE in full attendance.

Rangers did the right thing but it has went over the head of McCoist & Derek Ferguson and complaints from the usual hounds.

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I stated I was talking about domestic only. Europe is a different kettle of fish, even the £30m CL money is tied to the TV deal in England strangely.

We already run a system for RTV in providing coverage. Its not always the best, but it is there and could be worked on.

I pay £20 a month currently for Rangers only through the app happily. Other than that the only thing im interested in Sky for is the golf majors and Ryder Cup, ill just do them through NowTV this year. I would expect that if we brought it inhouse we could offer a far more comprehensive coverage than is currently offered.

Going by what everyone is saying on here, it seems that people are genuinely believing that the deals we get are in line with what we should expect, and that it is not an absolute piss take. Genuinely I find that surprising. 

Mate we cant even design a simple ticket website nevermind a streaming service that would work with say 50k people trying to login at 2.55pm every sat 😂😂😂

28 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm sure Rangers would have allowed Sutton & Lennon to do punditry for the celtic game before fans arrived. But BT have tried to pull a fly stunt by sneaking them in for a double-header. Why should two celtic-minded men be asked to do punditry on a Rangers game at Ibrox? Could you imagine the outrage if Boyd & Tam Miller were at celtic park to doone of their games?

Somewhere along the line, someone was hoping for sectarian abuse to be shouted at those two with FARE in full attendance.

Rangers did the right thing but it has went over the head of McCoist & Derek Ferguson and complaints from the usual hounds.

I dont think they were going to do the rangers game, but given the tarrier game finished at half 7 then post match analysis, you'd have lennon and sutton leaving the box as about 30k fans had piled into ibrox and another 20k still waiting outside

21 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Whoever at BT thought that this would be a good idea should have spent a half hour going through the Sutton/Lennon history with us, then they might have thought to themselve it was not such a smart move, amateur and unprofessional on their part.

BT knew full well what they were doing going with these 2. 

They wanted controversy and would have jumped at the chance to report the first words said at Lennon and Sutton. 

If they are willing to stop broadcasting at Ibrox because we rightly told them no, then fuck them. 

3 hours ago, GeeSS said:

Yes unfortunately it is a majority  but as in the population as a whole the masses are in educated and the club is pandering to them   

any educated person  knows that you need the press onside it is so important in this day and age where our club is dependant on sponsors we need the TV money from Sky & BT more now than ever so pissing them off is not clever 

Fuck the press and fuck any cunt who is scared of 'pissing them off'

6 hours ago, GeeSS said:

I am totally against the clubs approach to the media in general it looks like we are trying to stifle free speech leaving aside the two individuals our press conferences are terrible and very amateur with podcaster fans asking stupid questions which have so obviously been vetted

All we are doing is turning everyone against us ( most were alreadyI know )  but this isn’t the way to get them onside   it’s not the way a well run club should be acting  it is pandering to the lowest form of our support ( which unfortunately is about 60%)   You know the ones I mean the FTP brigade 

we really need to be much smarter here turns sky BT BBC against us is not the way forward we need them on board to attract sponsors in the future and keep the ones we have now  

Time for H&H and FF to step up and ask some pretty difficult questions tonight.

I'll wait.

8 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Are we not discussing bt covering Scottish teams in Europe?

Yes but BT also cover the English teams in the same competition at the same time and the UK leagues are sold as a single package. There's no Scottish TV package and English TV package. Whoever gets the rights for the UK gets the rights to all the UK teams. So, for BT, we're not the only story in town.