Harder than it needs to be

fact is we've had a bit of a shocker to the start of the season and are still 4 points clear of our main challenger.  Can see this being a slog but as said weeks ago they will hammer some teams and come seriously unstuck in others.  Can still see us winning the league by about 10 points with little over 80 points.

We will win the league based on the weakness of our opposition rather than the strength of us. Playing the exact same football as we have from day one under Gerrard and Co but with better players. I wish to fuck he would mix things up sometimes but it seems impossible. Its very very stagnant. 

HG5 and OrangeRab like this

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Yes we are nowhere near our level but they have played 3 away from home and lost 3....let that sink in, we should however be pulling well clear

if things do not change, IMO personnel, we will be saying this all season. the team is very stale and i dont see us getting much better imo. 

four changes i would blink at,  Davis, Borna, simpson and Tav.  our play is so passive and lethargic. teams know how to play us, push us out wide and gobble up the crosses, roll on january, hopefully bin a few and sign a few. changes needed. 

HG5 likes this

23 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Our saving grace is that they're worse than us. If they hit a purple patch and we don't wake up we'll be in trouble. 

I wouldn't got that far, scum dropping points makes it more disappointing today, we are well in front of them still, we can can only throw it away, that won't happen imo.

10 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

this team is stale as fuck, players need dropped and others brought in.  roll on january ffs.  we need players in and maybe sell a few on. 

Gerrard and co need to get their finger out too.

I think the boat has sailed on receiving decent bids for the likes of Kent, Kamara, Morelos and Barisic. Unless they all suddenly hit a run of form in the Europa League we won't be receiving anything close to what we were likely holding out for in the summer. If Everton or someone else comes back in for Patterson in January he'll be away, although I doubt that money will be used for anything other than servicing the debt. We could be in a very precarious position squad wise next summer. 

Blumhoilann, Bad Robot and HG5 like this

23 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

We look garbage right now. I know we've got more in us. We need to start fucking showing it.

This season I dont think we have more anymore in us. Have a feeling this is going to be the story of our season. 

U popular opinion I have a feeling that goldson, Kamara, Kent and Alfie are pissed they never got moves in the summer and like they cunts last season we are suffering for it. 

1 minute ago, the brown brogue said:

I think the boat has sailed on receiving decent bids for the likes of Kent, Kamara, Morelos and Barisic. Unless they all suddenly hit a run of form in the Europa League we won't be receiving anything close to what we were likely holding out for in the summer. If Everton or someone else comes back in for Patterson in January he'll be away, although I doubt that money will be used for anything other than servicing the debt. We could be in a very precarious position squad wise next summer. 

the second half looked like a team that didn't care.  

five stars and HG5 like this