Harder than it needs to be

We're so stale right now and our play is too predicable.

First 45 I hoped we were finally clicking into gear. Then it was back to what we've been seeing this season in the second. Crosses going nowhere, defence looking suspect and lacking creativity. 

The only hope for me is it's coming early rather than the usual post winter issues we've had. We've got time to fix it. 

We need a change. Try a different setup. We don't need 2 DM's against teams like this. 

gmcf, HG5 and sausagetrunks like this

1 minute ago, the brown brogue said:

I think the boat has sailed on receiving decent bids for the likes of Kent, Kamara, Morelos and Barisic. Unless they all suddenly hit a run of form in the Europa League we won't be receiving anything close to what we were likely holding out for in the summer. If Everton or someone else comes back in for Patterson in January he'll be away, although I doubt that money will be used for anything other than servicing the debt. We could be in a very precarious position squad wise next summer. 

Completey agree on the bids, we aren't receiving anything decent for any of those 3. Morelos is the only one I could maybe see getting 10-15 million at an absolute push but that's with another good Europa performance under his belt

Our so called big names have just went missing this season, people were quoting 20 million minimum for Kamara after the Euros...on current form we'd be lucky to get 5 million for him, he's been missing in every game we've played so far.

Barisic is the same but add in the fact he's a bit older and you're lucky if we're getting a decent fee at all

gmcf and HG5 like this

Davis out the team pronto! 

Break away 4 on 2 he n picks to play a pass(a shite one at that) to Glen Kamara who scores once a season.

Then they go up the park, he then plays a pass back to McGregor( for the 5th or 6th time in the game!!! ) who then puts it out for throw in!  McGregor is terrible with ball at feet, so why does he pass to goalkeeper so often! Because its the easy pass, to get rid of the ball! Drop him n give Lundstram Hagi or Arfield a run of games in there

N his shooting!! My 7 year old has a better strike

Davidorrp likes this

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

How long is Gerrard going to put up with it before its too late, were lucky they are rank atm. 

I think Gerrard is as surprised as the rest of us tbh

How do you legislate for 7/8 players (1st team starters) having the drop in form that ours have had

Teams have sussed us out aye but it's just basic mistakes that are costing us. Can't finish simple chances and are conceding soft as fuck goals, recipe for disaster basically.

HG5 likes this

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Completey agree on the bids, we aren't receiving anything decent for any of those 3. Morelos is the only one I could maybe see getting 10-15 million at an absolute push but that's with another good Europa performance under his belt

Our so called big names have just went missing this season, people were quoting 20 million minimum for Kamara after the Euros...on current form we'd be lucky to get 5 million for him, he's been missing in every game we've played so far.

Barisic is the same but add in the fact he's a bit older and you're lucky if we're getting a decent fee at all

Personally as I've said before numerous times this summer the one guy we should have cashed on on was Tav. Current captain after the season he had with winning the league and a crazy amount of goals and assists and at his age should have been a decent option for some of the lower to mid table teams in the EPL. 10-15M wouldn't have seemed unreasonable at the very least and allowed our own young how grown player in Patterson to flourish. 

Unfortunately we won't get any decent few for Tav after this season imho while Patterson stagnates and will probably end up being sold for way less than his true value had he played this season

HG5 likes this

The scum are poor and I still expect us to win the league by 10+ points but we really need to get our act together.

They've been away to Hearts, us and Livi. We had DU, County and St Johnstone away. 

They still have Sheep(lol), Motherwell and Hibs away in this first round of fixtures. 

Fixtures 12 to 22 it will be us away to the 'on paper' difficult away fixtures. 

HG5 likes this

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

How do you legislate for 7/8 players (1st team starters) having the drop in form that ours have had

Teams have sussed us out aye but it's just basic mistakes that are costing us. Can't finish simple chances and are conceding soft as fuck goals, recipe for disaster basically.

Its not one game tho, it's all season so far. he has the depth of squad to drop players if he chooses too. He chose not to so this falls squarely with Gerrard and no one else 

chris182 likes this

11 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

This season I dont think we have more anymore in us. Have a feeling this is going to be the story of our season. 

U popular opinion I have a feeling that goldson, Kamara, Kent and Alfie are pissed they never got moves in the summer and like they cunts last season we are suffering for it. 

Totally disagree with the move thing....not at any point over the summer was there a feeling of discontent regarding us keeping players against their wishes...did we actually knock back any bids other than portos derisory bid for Morelos?

rabc10000 likes this

Wish we could just play a pass, in the middle of the park, through the lines and quickly

Shifting responsibility to the full backs constantly, slowing down play so we can put awful crosses into tiny attackers. Defending against that isn’t rocket science for the opposition. 

I think we’ve scored one goal from open play in the last 5 games and it was Tavs screamer. Not good enough 

Just now, hammer93 said:

Totally disagree with the move thing....not at any point over the summer was there a feeling of discontent regarding us keeping players against their wishes...did we actually knock back any bids other than portos derisory bid for Morelos?

No one knows behind the scenes and we never will, likewise with the scum last season as well. However for our most important players to literally down tools from the seasons off asks the question. Only time will tell tho and yes it may well be pish and over thinking things however if true then we are in a whole world of trouble 

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Personally as I've said before numerous times this summer the one guy we should have cashed on on was Tav. Current captain after the season he had with winning the league and a crazy amount of goals and assists and at his age should have been a decent option for some of the lower to mid table teams in the EPL. 10-15M wouldn't have seemed unreasonable at the very least and allowed our own young how grown player in Patterson to flourish. 

Unfortunately we won't get any decent few for Tav after this season imho while Patterson stagnates and will probably end up being sold for way less than his true value had he played this season

In hindsight I would have to agree aye, the issue would've been throwing Patterson in at the deep in end and hoping the boy could swim

It's a collective problem across the park with players not hitting the form (or anywhere near the form) of last year. We hedged our bets on keeping a hold of players rather than selling to reinvest, seemed a sound idea at the time but now we're looking completely out of ideas 

rabc10000 likes this

8 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

He needs to be proactive and do something about it. 

We’re playing the same players in the same system over and over again and expecting different results 

Patterson and Kelly can’t even get in the match day squad while the usual suspects are strolling about at 1-0 and even 1-1 like the games done 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The scum are poor and I still expect us to win the league by 10+ points but we really need to get our act together.

They've been away to Hearts, us and Livi. We had DU, County and St Johnstone away. 

They still have Sheep(lol), Motherwell and Hibs away in this first round of fixtures. 

Fixtures 12 to 22 it will be us away to the 'on paper' difficult away fixtures. 

Aye it usually turns for us end of November- start of January. If we aren’t at least 10 clear by then I think we’re in for a long winter. They’ll have more dross and basically the rest of the league at home in that time. We need to make this “easy” start count

What do we do all week in training?

We clearly don’t practice getting through packed defences, nor do we practice shooting from distance either.

We seem to be reasonably fit but, in attacking terms, we’re banging our head against a wall and expecting the wall to give way.

This is not news. The problem has been there for a very long time and we refuse to learn.

Having said that, teams like Motherwell are no more than a cancer in our game. They clearly spend more time on spoiling tactics than we do on playing the game. It’s up to us to put pondlife like Motherwell so far behind that their fake injuries are irrelevant. How supporters can go and watch that shite or even own up to supporting teams like that is beyond me.

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I don't think anyone's ever been seriously interested in Kamara, at times he can look like a rolls royce of a player for us, but if teams from bigger leagues are looking at him then simply stats wise I'm not sure they'll be throwing money at a midfielder playing in Scotland with a single goal and assist per season to his name. It doesn't look like he'll be signing that new contract so we've realistically got one or two transfer windows left to cash in before he sees out his contract. 

Valance1690 and graeme_4 like this

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

In hindsight I would have to agree aye, the issue would've been throwing Patterson in at the deep in end and hoping the boy could swim

It's a collective problem across the park with players not hitting the form (or anywhere near the form) of last year. We hedged our bets on keeping a hold of players rather than selling to reinvest, seemed a sound idea at the time but now we're looking completely out of ideas 

Would Patterson have been any worse is the question?? I genuinely believe tho that Nathan is the real deal and as he has apparently shown for Scotland really is the real deal. 

Changes made to the team (subs) far too late when we can see it's become flat or the opponents are getting a foothold in the game.  Then when subs are made, there's zero shape to the team, almost like "subs n hope".  It's a shambles just now, we're getting away with it just now but it's exactly what the mhanks said / did last season, stumbling from one shite performance until the next then they got caught out.  Play like we have and we'll lose many a game this season. 

rabc10000 likes this

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

He needs to be proactive and do something about it. 

We’re playing the same players in the same system over and over again and expecting different results 

Patterson and Kelly can’t even get in the match day squad while the usual suspects are strolling about at 1-0 and even 1-1 like the games done 

We only really have 1 system tbh, that's been a problem since Gerrard arrived and doesn't look like it's going anywhere anytime soon

Say for example we drop Tav/Kamara for Patterson/Kelly & we lose the next game, they both immediately get the blame for that & it hinders their development 

Putting youth in when things are going shit in a hope they fix it is never the right idea. Bedding them in when things are going well i.e last season with Patterson is how we should be doing it

We need to look at the senior players to turn around our fortunes, not young boys

slimjim1690 and Bad Robot like this

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Would Patterson have been any worse is the question?? I genuinely believe tho that Nathan is the real deal and as he has apparently shown for Scotland really is the real deal. 

Maybe, maybe not. However there isn't 1 team in the world who drops their title winning captain less than 10 games into their league campaign, especially for a young boy

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

We only really have 1 system tbh, that's been a problem since Gerrard arrived and doesn't look like it's going anywhere anytime soon

Say for example we drop Tav/Kamara for Patterson/Kelly & we lose the next game, they both immediately get the blame for that & it hinders their development 

Putting youth in when things are going shit in a hope they fix it is never the right idea. Bedding them in when things are going well i.e last season with Patterson is how we should be doing it

We need to look at the senior players to turn around our fortunes, not young boys

As far as I’m concerned those 2 aren’t just young boys now 

Kelly is 21 and the midfielders ahead of him are doing the square root of fuck all. Arfield and Lundstram particularly don’t deserve game time ahead of him right now 

Patterson is a Scotland international, the most promising player we’ve produced ourselves for years and a player that can cause the opposition problems. More importantly for me he’s a player that plays with no fear. There has to be a way to fit him into this team. I’m not saying drop Tav I’m saying we need to find a way to use them both