Harder than it needs to be

Prso's headband

8 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Would Patterson have been any worse is the question?? I genuinely believe tho that Nathan is the real deal and as he has apparently shown for Scotland really is the real deal. 

Any time you see Patterson (inc Scotland games), he drives forward, takes people on and brings something different. Tav just now is just cross after cross, and its read like a book by defenders in our league sitting inside the 18yd box.  Barisic is the same on the other side tbh. 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

As far as I’m concerned those 2 aren’t just young boys now 

Kelly is 21 and the midfielders ahead of him are doing the square root of fuck all. Arfield and Lundstram particularly don’t deserve game time ahead of him right now 

Patterson is a Scotland international, the most promising player we’ve produced ourselves for years and a player that can cause the opposition problems. More importantly for me he’s a player that plays with no fear. There has to be a way to fit him into this team. I’m not saying drop Tav I’m saying we need to find a way to use them both 

I actually agree with Kelly more than Patterson, our midfield is the main issue we have this season and as you said giving Arfield/Lundstrum time ahead of him is the wrong idea. Not saying we should be starting him over the likes of Davis/Kamara but he's got to be a better option than Arfield.

Getting Patterson/Tav in the same team is possible but would involve us changing the formation to suit & I just don't see Gerrard doing that. Personally I think we'll move Patterson on in January or next summer for a decent fee

We can't accept mediocre just because that's enough to be better than the bheasts.

We should be putting games like today to bed when we are on top, every team will get at least a couple of chances in 90 minutes, now and again they will take one and catch you out.

Changes need made, as others have said, it's gone a bit stale.

28 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

We only really have 1 system tbh, that's been a problem since Gerrard arrived and doesn't look like it's going anywhere anytime soon

Say for example we drop Tav/Kamara for Patterson/Kelly & we lose the next game, they both immediately get the blame for that & it hinders their development 

Putting youth in when things are going shit in a hope they fix it is never the right idea. Bedding them in when things are going well i.e last season with Patterson is how we should be doing it

We need to look at the senior players to turn around our fortunes, not young boys

What happens if these senior players keep playing the same and we keep struggling to score goals and win games.  Do we never change anything because we need to protect the younger players?

At some point we've got to try something different and let these guys sink or swim.

Nobody shoots outside the box ,too many touches inside the box. Davis is becoming poorer each game.

Bacuna, Lundstrum,Patterson need a run of games. Simpson and Sakala need a good run of games to get match practice before we judge them.

All the other teams play 17,18 year olds we dont give enough of our academy players a decent run.

13 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I actually agree with Kelly more than Patterson, our midfield is the main issue we have this season and as you said giving Arfield/Lundstrum time ahead of him is the wrong idea. Not saying we should be starting him over the likes of Davis/Kamara but he's got to be a better option than Arfield.

Getting Patterson/Tav in the same team is possible but would involve us changing the formation to suit & I just don't see Gerrard doing that. Personally I think we'll move Patterson on in January or next summer for a decent fee

He had a brief flirt with it during pre season so fuck knows why he’s just ditched that idea 

Wouldn’t even take too much tinkering. If we ditch this 2 number 10’s shite and just stick both Kent and Patterson wide and tell the striker to hit the box we might get more joy. 

We’re playing ‘2 number 10’s’ but can’t create chances in open play it’s baffling 

2 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Nobody shoots outside the box ,too many touches inside the box. Davis is becoming poorer each game.

Bacuna, Lundstrum,Patterson need a run of games. Simpson and Sakala need a good run of games to get match practice before we judge them.

All the other teams play 17,18 year olds we dont give enough of our academy players a decent run.

No 

Stop it.

17 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

He had a brief flirt with it during pre season so fuck knows why he’s just ditched that idea 

Wouldn’t even take too much tinkering. If we ditch this 2 number 10’s shite and just stick both Kent and Patterson wide and tell the striker to hit the box we might get more joy. 

We’re playing ‘2 number 10’s’ but can’t create chances in open play it’s baffling 

I'm sure he said after the arsenal friendly we were working on a system that could utilise both tav and Patterson. 

We absolutely need a change up right now. We're stale and teams have us figured out. 

1 hour ago, Dan Deacon said:

Alfredo would have loved all they 1st half crosses

Why? He's been as guilty as any of passing them up.

I don't know what our solution is other than players have to start clicking and taking those chances or be replaced in January.

Too many playing like they're playing for a mid-league epl side who are happy just to be part of the occasion.

6 hours ago, esquire8 said:

No positives about today. At all.

Ffs ok mate. The only team that can stop us winning the league is a point further behind us. I want the shit to get sorted ASAP 

I'd much rather be 4 in front than behind tho. 

We haven't kicked our arse all season and there is still a gap forming. If we hit the ground running the league would've be over by now. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Shite result obviously, but actually thought we played pretty well first half (aside from the usual Simpson fuck up). Attacking play was much improved. 

Second half was Rangers pre-covid. 

It’s a 90 minute game and Gerrard needs to sort it. Honestly don’t know what he’s seeing on the sidelines as subs were required before they scored. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

It’s a 90 minute game and Gerrard needs to sort it. Honestly don’t know what he’s seeing on the sidelines as subs were required before they scored. 

We really have seemed to struggle to have a good 90 minutes for about 6 months. 

Hugely disappointing result and we’ve had a very worrying start to the season. Miles off it so far both domestically and in Europe. They were always likely to be slow starting and get better as they settled, lots of new signings bedding in and Kyogo out injured. They will improve naturally. We need to force an improvement. No matter what the gap should or could be just now, we have an absolute gift of a 4 point lead at such an early stage considering what’s at stake this season and we need to capitalise on it. Time to waken up and start bringing this home. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

To put it into perspective we have dropped more points in our first 6 games than we had after 23 league games last season. Now I expected us to drop many more points this season but nobody can deny the start to the season has not been anywhere near good enough. We currently have a win ratio of 50% this season. 6 wins from 12 matches.

When the biggest positive from this season is our rivals are shit, you know there are numerous issues with ourselves. 

The 4 point gap should increase on paper with the upcoming fixtures to the end of November, however matches like Hibs and Hearts at home, Motherwell away are now matches I'm a bit concerned by due to our current form.

The league is ours for the taking, but we really need to get a grip asap. 

We’re making it so much more difficult than it needs to be. I’m not saying this season should’ve been a stick on and won by 25 points but we should be winning it just about comfortably. We’re making it into a hard slog, a situation we’ve not been in before as champions. I really hope something changes soon otherwise this season will take years off my life!

16 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Honestly an absolutely shocking start to the season. We should already be 6 clear and coasting. 

We’re just meandering through games hoping we can win. The formation doesn’t work we need to start going 5 attack minded players on the park. Relying on the front 3 just isn’t working at all. 

Going to be an absolute slog when it should be a lot easier than that considering them across the road. 

If we continue this trend I’m not sure how we’ll manage, our form is all over the place. Can’t defend or score at the minute. 

Only positive was I thought Sakala looked good, my worry for him was he’d struggle against packed defences but found some good positions throughout the game

There’s a bit of a feeling that we’re fine because celtic are poor. We should be 9 clear simple as that. Not capitalising on their start will probably come back to bite us if we don’t get our act together quickly. 
Does anyone actually think a Rangers side in this form would have done any better at Hearts or Livingston ? I doubt it - difference is they do play more attack minded players and would probably have taken 3 or 4 off Motherwell yesterday. 
We watch the same slow paced one dimensional football from us every game and offer next to nothing going forward - it’s brutal and we could all see Motherwell’s goal coming - problem is our management team didn’t. We have a disaster in defence waiting at least once every game, zero creativity in a stuffy midfield and can’t finish the few clear chances we get. Airfield ( who’s done ), Bacuna who’s had zero minutes and a heavy looking Morelos flung on when it’s too late. 
Champions League entry at the end of this is massive - we look like we’re doing our best to fuck that up 

28 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

To put it into perspective we have dropped more points in our first 6 games than we had after 23 league games last season. Now I expected us to drop many more points this season but nobody can deny the start to the season has not been anywhere near good enough. We currently have a win ratio of 50% this season. 6 wins from 12 matches.

When the biggest positive from this season is our rivals are shit, you know there are numerous issues with ourselves. 

The 4 point gap should increase on paper with the upcoming fixtures to the end of November, however matches like Hibs and Hearts at home, Motherwell away are now matches I'm a bit concerned by due to our current form.

The league is ours for the taking, but we really need to get a grip asap. 

It would take a ridiculous unbeaten run of form for them to even challenge for the league now imo. Over the last 25 years of the SPL/SPFL, teams that win the league normally only lose about 4 or 5 games - they already have 3 defeats and I can't see them turning around their patchy form. The big outlier is their season under Lennon when we were down the divisions when they won the league with 7 defeats.

As you say, the league is there for the taking but we cannot continue to make it difficult for ourselves like we have been. We have made life difficult for ourselves at Ross County and St Johnstone but at least we are still winning those games.