Harder than it needs to be

Prso's headband

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It would take a ridiculous unbeaten run of form for them to even challenge for the league now imo. Over the last 25 years of the SPL/SPFL, teams that win the league normally only lose about 4 or 5 games - they already have 3 defeats and I can't see them turning around their patchy form. The big outlier is their season under Lennon when we were down the divisions when they won the league with 7 defeats.

As you say, the league is there for the taking but we cannot continue to make it difficult for ourselves like we have been. We have made life difficult for ourselves at Ross County and St Johnstone but at least we are still winning those games.

That's a ridiculous statement to make after a 4 point lead with 32 matches to go.

They are arguably playing better than us despite the points total. We need to massively up our game. 

13 minutes ago, Broxi said:

That's a ridiculous statement to make after a 4 point lead with 32 matches to go.

They are arguably playing better than us despite the points total. We need to massively up our game. 

Fucking hell mate 

44 minutes ago, Broxi said:

They are picking points up on par with Warburton's side and Caixinha had a better record at this stage of the season than this Celtic side.

They have pumped the dregs of the league at home and that's it. They haven't won away in the league since February - 8 games on the bounce. As I said, it would take a ridiculous unbeaten run from them to challenge. Despite struggling we are still picking up points.

39 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Do we have too many players who want away, Morelos, Barasic, Kamara have all been poor this season. 

I mentioned this yesterday and I get the feeling, a bit like them last year that the players are just turning up for games and not much else with the occasional game where they deliver. Hope we are wrong bout that tho because it could end up being a very long season 

Could have and should have had that game out of sight by HT. We didn't and paid the penalty.

For me the squad looks stale but with no money to add quality it's up to Gerrard to get another tune out of the players at his disposal. If he can then we win the league with ease. If he cannot then it's going to be a hard slog. 

47 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

image.gif.9c19a39de3a8c3ae2add826e9783b3af.gif

39 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Fucking hell mate 

When they do win, they win more comfortably than we do. Obviously I’d rather be winning more often which we are, but we haven’t actually looked good yet, at all, and are slumping to all these points. They’ve also scored more goals and conceded less than us. 

They’ve been a shambles away from home but good at home. My point is simply that saying we are unreachable 6 games in when we are playing as badly as we are is a ridiculous statement 

The team and some players do look stale and a change of players on pitch can go part of the way to address that.  For me I’d replace Borna and Tav immediately with Bassy and Patterson. They bring youth obviously, and the eagerness/hunger that brings but are far more physically quick players to. Already I’d say Bassy is a better defender than Borna. And will go past a player which Borna doesn’t do as much. Same for Tav and Patterson and to me Patterson already has more variety to his game than Tav. Both youngsters still need to improve aspects of their game (like crossing) but that will come with regular games. Honestly believe we should have cashed in on Tav and Borna in summer for whatever we could get. 

in midfield drop Davis. And let Kamara play that holding role (with Kelly as back up), have 2 AM from Lundstrum, Bacuna, Aribo and Hagi. Go with Wright and Sakala wide of either Morelos or Roofe.  

So that added some youth to team, changed formation slightly but the main Thing for me is tactics.  Gerrard and coaches have to encourage the players to be more proactive in such things as quicker passes, first time passes,   driving  forward at opposition  players(commit them fouls)  shoot from distance,  try 1-2s, get to byline before crossing.  It’s all basic stuff but we seem to only do that in short spells. Preferring to play a cautious probing,  possession based game  Someone said during pre-season friendly with Arsenal, Arteta was standing on touchline shouting “attack, attack,attack” to his players.  

It’s seems such a minor thing, but that attitude is spot on for me.  Encourage players to push forward at all times. We’ve all seem instances of players getting the ball and there is a quick diagonal or forward pass on and they delay and it goes back or square to be recycled. Player just need to be told to be brave and go forward at every opportunity. Change the mindset. 

9 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

The team and some players do look stale and a change of players on pitch can go part of the way to address that.  For me I’d replace Borna and Tav immediately with Bassy and Patterson. They bring youth obviously, and the eagerness/hunger that brings but are far more physically quick players to. Already I’d say Bassy is a better defender than Borna. And will go past a player which Borna doesn’t do as much. Same for Tav and Patterson and to me Patterson already has more variety to his game than Tav. Both youngsters still need to improve aspects of their game (like crossing) but that will come with regular games. Honestly believe we should have cashed in on Tav and Borna in summer for whatever we could get. 

in midfield drop Davis. And let Kamara play that holding role (with Kelly as back up), have 2 AM from Lundstrum, Bacuna, Aribo and Hagi. Go with Wright and Sakala wide of either Morelos or Roofe.  

So that added some youth to team, changed formation slightly but the main Thing for me is tactics.  Gerrard and coaches have to encourage the players to be more proactive in such things as quicker passes, first time passes,   driving  forward at opposition  players(commit them fouls)  shoot from distance,  try 1-2s, get to byline before crossing.  It’s all basic stuff but we seem to only do that in short spells. Preferring to play a cautious probing,  possession based game  Someone said during pre-season friendly with Arsenal, Arteta was standing on touchline shouting “attack, attack,attack” to his players.  

It’s seems such a minor thing, but that attitude is spot on for me.  Encourage players to push forward at all times. We’ve all seem instances of players getting the ball and there is a quick diagonal or forward pass on and they delay and it goes back or square to be recycled. Player just need to be told to be brave and go forward at every opportunity. Change the mindset. 

Borna and Tav should have been moved on, Morelos is still here because his form has fallen off a cliff.

I guess there is a argument that any or all of Goldson, Tav, Borna, Kent and Morelos could/should have been sold. I’d personally keep a Kamara but you could argue he could have been sold too.
Perhaps even release McGregor, Davis and Arfield released. That’s obviously a complete rebuild of first team. But you have McLaughlin, with McCrorie as back up, ready made replacements for fullbacks, Balogan, Helander, Simpson and Katic still in defence.  a midfield orf Kamara, Kelly, Lundstrum, Aribo, Hagi, Bacuna, Ofoboroh. Strikers Wright, Roofe and Fashion.  

That’s still a strong squad, perhaps with some of the sales money, we could have added Veerman or another striker. We could certainly promote a few youngsters up as well (mcClelland, McCann, Lowry, Weston).  I think the above could have that blend of hungry youth, and established players and new blood that we needed to not be sale.

all ifs, buts and mibbees now tho!

1 minute ago, Davidorrp said:

I guess there is a argument that any or all of Goldson, Tav, Borna, Kent and Morelos could/should have been sold. I’d personally keep a Kamara but you could argue he could have been sold too.
Perhaps even release McGregor, Davis and Arfield released. That’s obviously a complete rebuild of first team. But you have McLaughlin, with McCrorie as back up, ready made replacements for fullbacks, Balogan, Helander, Simpson and Katic still in defence.  a midfield orf Kamara, Kelly, Lundstrum, Aribo, Hagi, Bacuna, Ofoboroh. Strikers Wright, Roofe and Fashion.  

That’s still a strong squad, perhaps with some of the sales money, we could have added Veerman or another striker. We could certainly promote a few youngsters up as well (mcClelland, McCann, Lowry, Weston).  I think the above could have that blend of hungry youth, and established players and new blood that we needed to not be sale.

No Simpson. No way. He’s pish. 

22 hours ago, Nk89 said:

Davis out the team pronto! 

Break away 4 on 2 he n picks to play a pass(a shite one at that) to Glen Kamara who scores once a season.

Then they go up the park, he then plays a pass back to McGregor( for the 5th or 6th time in the game!!! ) who then puts it out for throw in!  McGregor is terrible with ball at feet, so why does he pass to goalkeeper so often! Because its the easy pass, to get rid of the ball! Drop him n give Lundstram Hagi or Arfield a run of games in there

N his shooting!! My 7 year old has a better strike

Davis was a disaster yesterday. 

54 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

Simpson ffs. Can see him being flogged in January tbh. Absolutely fucking shite

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If we beat Dundee away and Hivs at home we'll only be one point less than at the same stage as last season.

I think we'll win both.

Here’s hoping. Though the way we have been playing, I’m not that confident about winning on Wednesday night !