Harder than it needs to be

Prso's headband

34 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Release McGregor , Davis and Arfield 

What the fuck are some folk smoking on here 

I think all 3 have shown a real dip in form this season. Might be age catching up with them, might be hitting 55 and feeling job done. Who knows? Haven’t go started yet. Wouldn’t surprise me to see all 3 leave in the summer. 

I should maybe have added that Simpson was just part of the pool of defenders left, if we’d let Goldson go. I;d have kept Edmundson before Simpson as I think he’s a better Defender than Simpson. But I’d prefer katic was in the mix with Helander and Balogan. And then promote one of the youths up.  Again we could have maybe used some of any sales money to get in the lad Doekhi. Was he not quoted around £1.5 million mark!

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I think all 3 have shown a real dip in form this season. Might be age catching up with them, might be hitting 55 and feeling job done. Who knows? Haven’t go started yet. Wouldn’t surprise me to see all 3 leave in the summer. 

Good chance McGregor will join the coaching staff. 

They wouldn't have been released though not this summer 

37 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Release McGregor , Davis and Arfield 

What the fuck are some folk smoking on here 

Why not? All been brilliant for us in their day, but only really McGregor probably deserves to keep his position at moment. Davis for all his skills  is part of the issue when it comes to slow play. He’s too cautious now for me. He can still obviously do a role but I’d rather we let Kamara do that role, who is younger and quicker and more mobile. Davis has started something like the last 28 games for us. So you have to commend hits fitness levels and commitment. I’d just rather we didn’t rely on him at his age.

My point was we don’t need him and Kamara doing same thing, I’d have one doing it and would chose Kamara. Allowing us 2 AMs to push forward. Arfield is the one currently furthest out the picture at moment and of course can still do job should we not be looking at Bacuna, or Hagi, or Aribo to fulfil that role.  All who are younger and fitter and arguably with some better players. My post was all about the need to freshen up the squad in the summer and those were just some potential changes. It hasn’t happened but will I think become more pressing before end of season. 

6 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

I should maybe have added that Simpson was just part of the pool of defenders left, if we’d let Goldson go. I;d have kept Edmundson before Simpson as I think he’s a better Defender than Simpson. But I’d prefer katic was in the mix with Helander and Balogan. And then promote one of the youths up.  Again we could have maybe used some of any sales money to get in the lad Doekhi. Was he not quoted around £1.5 million mark!

Why would we have let Goldson go ?

I highly doubt we would find a defender as reliable as Goldson has been.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Goldson looks like he is away next summer for nothing anyway. 

You don't know that for sure, every chance he will sign a new deal and even if he does he's been a great servant and well worth the money we paid initially for him. 

You can't grudge him wanting another crack down south if that's ultimately what he wants. 

But saying that if we win the league this season surely he would want to play champions League football which he would never get the chance to anywhere else imo. 

The end of this season looks like it will be a massive rebuild given player contracts and ages not really great considering we will be going straight into the champions League.

2 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

You don't know that for sure, every chance he will sign a new deal and even if he does he's been a great servant and well worth the money we paid initially for him. 

You can't grudge him wanting another crack down south if that's ultimately what he wants. 

But saying that if we win the league this season surely he would want to play champions League football which he would never get the chance to anywhere else imo. 

The end of this season looks like it will be a massive rebuild given player contracts and ages not really great considering we will be going straight into the champions League.

I might be wrong but I don’t recall any player having a great season when they’re running their contract down. 

6 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

I might be wrong but I don’t recall any player having a great season when they’re running their contract down. 

Has his performances been below his usual standard so far ? No! he's arguably in better form than he was at the start of last season imo, given how unreliable the other defenders have been injuries, form etc then Goldson is pretty much able to dictate when and if he signs a new deal as we would be up shit creek if we just left him out for that reason. 

17 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Has his performances been below his usual standard so far ? No! he's arguably in better form than he was at the start of last season imo, given how unreliable the other defenders have been injuries, form etc then Goldson is pretty much able to dictate when and if he signs a new deal as we would be up shit creek if we just left him out for that reason. 

I actually don’t think Goldson has been poor, think he’s been fine. Even at the weekend, the two chances Motherwell had he recovered Simpson’s mistakes - just happened to be for the second Barisic was being lazy. 

29 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

You maybe right, time will tell.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Next summer is going to be extremely interesting.

Davis, McGregor, Arfield, Balogun, Goldson, Firth, McLaughlin, Barker and Defoe's contracts all end.

Personally I would only keep Goldson, Balogun and McLaughlin from that list. 

Whilst the likes of Morelos, Helander, Aribo, Kamara, Jack, McCrorie, Kent and Kelly will all have one year left if they don't sign a new deal before then.

Not an ideal position to be in at all tbh.

Winning the league this year and the cash that auto Champions league football will bring Rangers back on track as Scotlands main force again. Im concerned losing could knock us back years.

Stopping 9.5 was brilliant but this season is even bigger.

13 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Davis, McGregor, Arfield, Balogun, Goldson, Firth, McLaughlin, Barker and Defoe's contracts all end.

Whilst the likes of Morelos, Helander, Aribo, Kamara, Jack, McCrorie, Kent and Kelly will all have one year left if they don't sign a new deal before then.

Kamara's contract is up to is it not? 

44 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I actually don’t think Goldson has been poor, think he’s been fine. Even at the weekend, the two chances Motherwell had he recovered Simpson’s mistakes - just happened to be for the second Barisic was being lazy. 

Goldson, Simpson and Barisic were all at fault at the Motherwell goal

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If we beat Dundee away and Hivs at home we'll only be one point less than at the same stage as last season.

I think we'll win both.

So do I but nothing's a given at the moment for us. Chance to put the scum under more pressure with them playing a day later.  

We need to be more clinical in scoring the second goal. For all the domination in the first half, we went in at HT 1-0. 

Score the second and teams need to come at us and it stops all the time wasting. (yesterday was the worst I ever saw).

This is where we are making it hard for ourselves.

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We absolutely need to begin talks with these players to extend their contracts before it's too late, situation can become very uncomfortable, very fast.