Simpson

jjbscotty12

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Gerrard been rotating CB's since he came in. He's not going to change that approach.

Agree but haven't seen anything in Simpson to justify why he's getting game time. He doesn't look cut out for us at all. 

Not a fan of constant CH rotation at all.

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

We’re going to get some signings wrong, but surely Gerrard et al knew he wasn’t good enough to be our 4th choice CD in the summer, when we could have done something about it?

Gerrard loves him, there’s f all we can do about it, he’ll cost us more goals as the season goes on

Just now, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Simpson was unfortunately never getting loaned out as we only signed him in January. 

Teams buy and loan out players quite a lot mate.  Tbh loaning this guy out isn't going to help him or us, he's piss poor.

13 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Seems there is a growing feeling in our support that we should simultaneously have five first-team CBs but only ever play two of them. 

I would say four is what we should have, but the back up should have more quality than Simpson. 

I didn't see our game on Thursday night as was working, but heard Balogun played quite well, though I could be wrong. Why drop him if that's the case? 

1 minute ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I would say four is what we should have, but the back up should have more quality than Simpson. 

I didn't see our game on Thursday night as was working, but heard Balogun played quite well, though I could be wrong. Why drop him if that's the case? 

I assume he’s trying to rotate the CBs to reduce chance of injury, and Simpson can’t play in Europe so he’s flung him in today.

2 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Teams buy and loan out players quite a lot mate.  Tbh loaning this guy out isn't going to help him or us, he's piss poor.

Yeah I agree that does happen mate. Just think sometimes Gerrard can be a wee bit stubborn however. So didn't see it happening myself. 

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I assume he’s trying to rotate the CBs to reduce chance of injury, and Simpson can’t play in Europe so he’s flung him in today.

He could have played Balogun today and played Simpson on Wednesday v Livi.

As it turns out he’s made a cunt of it and we’ve dropped 2 points.

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I hate that philosophy. CB's should always be the mainstay of any team, and should only be rotated due to injury or a major drop in form. 

All this chopping n changing doesn't help form or cohesion at the back. 

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

He could have easily have played Balogun today and played Simpson on Wednesday v Livi.

As it turns out he’s made a cunt of it and we’ve dropped 2 points.

I wouldn't even play Simpson in the Livi game, whether he had played today or not. 

10 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I hate that philosophy. CB's should always be the mainstay of any team, and should only be rotated due to injury or a major drop in form. 

All this chopping n changing doesn't help form or cohesion at the back. 

Most important partnership on the pitch, and we change it every bloody game.