Simpson

jjbscotty12

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

We didn’t drop two points today because of Jack Simpson. We dropped two points today because of how inept we were at making decisions moving forward.

We’ve chopped and changed due to injuries and Covid which is out of our control.

To change Balogun who was arguably our best player on Thursday for Simpson is strange as fuck. We were all over the place at the back as it keeps changing. Gerrard did this in his first season with Worrall it cost us, it’s cost us again.

23 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Just seen their goal again on Sportscene. Why does Simpson not even attempt to put a tackle in, and at least giveaway the free kick. Runs towards him like a big Jessy!

Less said about Barisic the better. 

It looked bad in real time, but just watched it again too and its even worse, it was awful from both.

21 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

We’ve chopped and changed due to injuries and Covid which is out of our control.

To change Balogun who was arguably our best player on Thursday for Simpson is strange as fuck. We were all over the place at the back as it keeps changing. Gerrard did this in his first season with Worrall it cost us, it’s cost us again.

But it’s not why we lost the game.

Sit and slate Simpson’s decision all you like, I’m certainly not defending it, but to act like Jack Simpson is why we didn’t win today is a nonsense.

18 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

That ride Dingwall saying in the after match interview that he was impressive.  And the manager agreed.  

the-office.gif

Pfffft :confused:

Even his pre match questions in the pressers are gleaned from him asking members on FF what he should ask our manager. 

1 minute ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Pfffft :confused:

Even his pre match questions in the pressers are gleaned from him asking members on FF what he should ask our manager. 

Suppose he can ask what he pleases if he pays the going rate.

Sit and slate Simpson’s decision all you like, I’m certainly not defending it, but to act like Jack Simpson is why we didn’t win today is a nonsense.

We should have won that game outright if we'd taken our chances. Ultimately though, the defending of Simpson AND Barisic cost us the 3 points. 

2 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

We should have won that game outright if we'd taken our chances. Ultimately though, the defending of Simpson AND Barisic cost us the 3 points. 

I’m not even sure I agree tbh. It cost us that goal, but the way the game was going if it wasn’t that it was going to be something else.

3 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

Absolutely garbage. I'd actually prefer Mugabe from them than Simpson, I like a powerful CB who will run through a brick wall like Andrews used to do, Simpson wouldn't get a game for Chelsea's women's team. 

Agreed. Thought Mugabe dictated play for them

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I’m not even sure I agree tbh. It cost us that goal, but the way the game was going if it wasn’t that it was going to be something else.

It can work both ways tbh. If it finishes 0-0 for instance and we haven't taken our chances then the defence have done their job, and maybe the strikers haven't. 

The finishing and intensity in 2nd half should have been better today and if we'd went 2 nil up it would have pretty much been game over. Mistakes/complacency by two of our defenders contributed to us not getting 3 points on this occasion though. 

We had 1 nil leads last season where we didn't take our chances up front to get more goals, but the defence was more solid so it wasn't as much of a problem. 

He is terrible. Can tell he is a bag of nerves which doesn't help. For a 'ball playing' defender he is hopeless in possession.

Bassey should be 3rd choice and King/Mclleland should be ahead of him.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

He is terrible. Can tell he is a bag of nerves which doesn't help. For a 'ball playing' defender he is hopeless in possession.

Bassey should be 3rd choice and King/Mclleland should be ahead of him.

Bassey should be LB at this point in time never mind anything else :thumbup:

51 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Just seen their goal again on Sportscene. Why does Simpson not even attempt to put a tackle in, and at least giveaway the free kick. Runs towards him like a big Jessy!

Less said about Barisic the better. 

Both need their arses kicked. Simpson looks like a good tackle would snap him in two. 

8 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Both need their arses kicked. Simpson looks like a good tackle would snap him in two. 

The difference between him and Helander is night and day. Even when a fwd drags Helander out to the wing he 9 times out of ten wins the ball, or gets there first. 

Simpson, doesn't get there first, doesn't win the ball, gets into a fankled mess then gets turned by the forward. The rest of the time he isn't tight enough and is in no man's land. He won't get better. 

11 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

The difference between him and Helander is night and day. Even when a fwd drags Helander out to the wing he 9 times out of ten wins the ball, or gets there first. 

Simpson, doesn't get there first, doesn't win the ball, gets into a fankled mess then gets turned by the forward. The rest of the time he isn't tight enough and is in no man's land. He won't get better. 

Actually noticed this a few times with him, he just follows his man out to the wing like a lost child, forever behind him as well, if he learned to position himself better he has the pace to make up ground. 

Helander has the experience and knowledge of the game to know he won't win most foot races but can position himself to effictively cut the space off, Simpson has neither. 

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

You keep assuming I’m blaming Simpson, I’m not, I’m blaming Gerrard.

17 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

You keep assuming I’m blaming Simpson, I’m not, I’m blaming Gerrard.

Can’t disagree with that tbh. 

The entire stadium was screaming for subs in the 10 mins before their goal. It wasn’t like they were dominating or anything, we just felt like we had lost control. 

Can’t disagree with that tbh. 

The entire stadium was screaming for subs in the 10 mins before their goal. It wasn’t like they were dominating or anything, we just felt like we had lost control. 

The sting had gone out the game. 

How Gerrard couldn't see/feel that was bizarre.