Simpson

jjbscotty12

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

It took Borna ages to become a Rangers player and perhaps, and I do mean perhaps, similar will happen with Simpson.

Right now we are much worse defensively when he starts. With Helander injured I now believe it was a mistake to send Katic on loan.

Simpson won’t cut it mate. No signs at all he will be good enough. 

I've been saying this from the first time I watched him play. Sure some players can take a while to get sharp, find there feet etc but for me he is wayy too careless and doesn't have the concentration,  awareness and positional sense defenders need.

Hope im wrong but can't see him lasting, don't get why Katic is allowed to leave and we keep someone who I see make regular bomb scare mistakes.

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

If anyone wants to sub or crowdfund me £25K, I’ll ask all the difficult and blunt questions the biatches are scared to ask 

25k and they still all toe the line. DG has a piss easy job when it comes to pressers now. Stopped watching or reacting to pressers now as they are predictably boring.

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Our best players are all fit tbf….

Jack, Kent, Tav, Roofe. Helander Borna, Arfield have all missed significant periods with injury the last season and a bit. It’s never the likes of Simpson, or Barker. 

16 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Gerrard been rotating CB's since he came in. He's not going to change that approach.

Agree but haven't seen anything in Simpson to justify why he's getting game time. He doesn't look cut out for us at all. 

It’s frustrating decision making. It’s all very well rotating but the players have to be of a standard to maintain consistent performances. As you say Simpson has been here a while now and I see nothing in his performances to suggest he is near Goldson/Helander/Balogun and certainly not as good as pre-injury Katic or Edmundson. Katic needs time but Gerrard never seemed to trust him even when fit. Edmundson is performing well in England and you can’t help but feel he was made an example of for the COVID situation when in fact he was better than what we’ve brought in. 

One thing is for sure though. We’ve gone from a side that looked solid, which allowed us to push on with confidence. Now we are shipping goals and that affects the whole way we play. Midfield sits deeper, and fullbacks don’t push up which is so crucial to our game. We need to find an answer, as while we are top of the league it isn’t on the back of stellar performances. We’ve been exceedingly poor in many games this year and Gerrard needs to find a solution. 

3 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

It’s frustrating decision making. It’s all very well rotating but the players have to be of a standard to maintain consistent performances. As you say Simpson has been here a while now and I see nothing in his performances to suggest he is near Goldson/Helander/Balogun and certainly not as good as pre-injury Katic or Edmundson. Katic needs time but Gerrard never seemed to trust him even when fit. Edmundson is performing well in England and you can’t help but feel he was made an example of for the COVID situation when in fact he was better than what we’ve brought in. 

One thing is for sure though. We’ve gone from a side that looked solid, which allowed us to push on with confidence. Now we are shipping goals and that affects the whole way we play. Midfield sits deeper, and fullbacks don’t push up which is so crucial to our game. We need to find an answer, as while we are top of the league it isn’t on the back of stellar performances. We’ve been exceedingly poor in many games this year and Gerrard needs to find a solution. 

We need a bit of consistency at the back just now. Stick with Balogun and Goldson for the time being. A solid backline wins the title.

However I expect rotation will continue.  Worry with Simpson is Gerrard will get stubborn with him and be determined to show what he's seeing in him. I don't think he's suited for the game up here and agree that Edmundson or Katic would have been better options to have. 

14 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We need a bit of consistency at the back just now. Stick with Balogun and Goldson for the time being. A solid backline wins the title.

However I expect rotation will continue.  Worry with Simpson is Gerrard will get stubborn with him and be determined to show what he's seeing in him. I don't think he's suited for the game up here and agree that Edmundson or Katic would have been better options to have. 

We need the consistency but there is no chance Gerrard will stop rotating them especially with Helander already out if anything happens to Balogun or Goldson we are really fucked. 

He rotated yesterday and the gamble didn't pay off even though the whole defence was at fault not just Simpson (a shadow would offer more cover)

Simpson will start on Wednesday with Bassey LB imo. 

I thought he was awful tbh and I really don’t know what he’s meant to bring to the team. For his height and build he usually gets bullied or lets the striker hold him off then gives away a free kick. He’s poor in the air, isn’t very quick and doesn’t pass the ball well either. 

11 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Why the fuck isn't he playing.   Far better player than either Sakala or Roofe or Simpson for that matter.

I have to seriously question your suggesting Defoe is better than Roofe. In his pomp, yeah, but not these days. Roofe does more for the build up than Defoe ever will.

33 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I thought he was awful tbh and I really don’t know what he’s meant to bring to the team. For his height and build he usually gets bullied or lets the striker hold him off then gives away a free kick. He’s poor in the air, isn’t very quick and doesn’t pass the ball well either. 

That aside, he's been pretty shite 😁

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

I have to seriously question your suggesting Defoe is better than Roofe. In his pomp, yeah, but not these days. Roofe does more for the build up than Defoe ever will.

Roofe was awful yesterday.  No way Defoe wouldn't have scored, we had numerous chances. 

3 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Roofe was awful yesterday.  No way Defoe wouldn't have scored, we had numerous chances. 

He was awful in terms of finishing but we can’t take a single game in isolation. If Defoe had done the same people would be asking why we played Defoe, that he was finished etc.

Hopefully this problem up front will end soon - we seem to create enough decent chances but want to score “ the perfect goal” as Kevin T put it.

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

He was awful in terms of finishing but we can’t take a single game in isolation. If Defoe had done the same people would be asking why we played Defoe, that he was finished etc.

Hopefully this problem up front will end soon - we seem to create enough decent chances but want to score “ the perfect goal” as Kevin T put it.

Thing is Defoe wouldn't have done the same.  Sakala also had a fair few chances to shoot and didn't, Defoe would have.