Gerrard: Post Match Reaction

Virtuoso

As usual gerrard is more reactive than proactive during the game, even though we were winning and dominating, a change could have offered something different up front, by time he did that motherwell had something to throw their bodies in front of 

Today  his words sound more like a broken record than like a movie we have seen before...

For the first time ever, I've went off Gerrard of late. I think he has become very stubborn to all that is around him. I haven't agreed with his team selections of late and some of his post match comments especially after Lyon ( we have made progress since Bayer L) sounds like a man unwilling to listen.

He hates criticism and I believe these post-match interviews are designed to ask easy questions only.

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Today  his words sound more like a broken record than like a movie we have seen before...

For the first time ever, I've went off Gerrard of late. I think he has become very stubborn to all that is around him. I haven't agreed with his team selections of late and some of his post match comments especially after Lyon ( we have made progress since Bayer L) sounds like a man unwilling to listen.

He hates criticism and I believe these post-match interviews are designed to ask easy questions only.

Not really. Lyon are about the same standard now as leverkusen were when we played them. They played us off the park and lyon did not.

I think he is also switching criticism away from the defence to not taking our chances. Fair enough. It was still poor defending though.

3 hours ago, writingranger said:

Not really. Lyon are about the same standard now as leverkusen were when we played them. They played us off the park and lyon did not.

I think he is also switching criticism away from the defence to not taking our chances. Fair enough. It was still poor defending though.

Lyon held PSG, who started with the famed trio up front in Paris until 93rd minute yesterday (2-1 final score).....and first Paris goal a penalty....puts Thursday into some context.

1 minute ago, Flatcap said:

Lyon held PSG, who started with the famed trio up front in Paris until 93rd minute yesterday (2-1 final score).....and first Paris goal a penalty....puts Thursday into some context.

Psg started a front 4 of 

Messi di Maria Neymar 

Mbappe 

He is right though. We were good enough in the first half to score 3 or 4, but our lack of cutting edge was evident for all to see. That for me was the worrying bit. Particularly Aribo, when he got in and around those areas, looked almost bereft of confidence in his ability to pick out a pass or find the back of the net.