Goldson/Kamara

kelvd1873

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

Aye and would be a valid point if he hadn't been offered a new deal

I'm assuming he's been offered on par with those mentioned in his new contract, fact he hasn't signed it shows its got nothing to do with what money we offer him.

He wants away, probably expected a move in the summer but either clubs never bid or they didn't match our evaluation. To me he looks like he's all but downed tools, last year he was the cog in midfield that everything went through...this year he barley gets involved in games & looks completely disinterested 

You have no idea what he’s been offered.

5 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Gerrard said his agents were happy with the contract offered.

If you value said player at say £15 million then you have to pay him at that level i.e he’d need to be our top earner along side Morelos and Tav.

The fact he’s not signed a contract up to now tells you that they’re not happy with offer no matter what Gerrard says.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If you value said player at say £15 million then you have to pay him at that level i.e he’d need to be our top earner along side Morelos and Tav.

The fact he’s not signed a contract up to now tells you that they’re not happy with offer no matter what Gerrard says.

Or that it's not about money and he wants to play elsewhere.

3 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

It’s incredible that we didn’t sell at least 1 of them to start the recycle rather than huge upheaval next summer. 

The ramifications of not winning the league this season are horrendous. 

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Putting it all on black. Wild business.

We keep doing this it's absolutely ridiculous. We cannot continue to play this high risk strategy it could so easily all come crumbling down again. 

3 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Our squad management is becoming a bit of a mess in all honesty. The squad is both far too big in terms of numbers and almost all of our main sellable assets will go into the summer with just 12 months left on their deal & a year older which will have a significant impact on value: Kamara, Kent, Morelos, Aribo & Helander all out of contract in 2023. Only Kamara is likely to sign a new deal so the rest either need to be sold next summer at likely a reduced value (alongside McGregor, Davis, Goldson & possibly Arfield leaving) or they’ll leave for nothing. 

It’s incredible that we didn’t sell at least 1 of them to start the recycle rather than huge upheaval next summer. 

The ramifications of not winning the league this season are horrendous. 

Ripped the pish out of the taigs for letting players go into last year and we're doing the same.

Leaving us in really shit situation in the summer moving guys on.

This league is absolutely crucial for us. 

We may well want to move them on if we can't sign them to an extension, but there were lots of reports out towards the end of the last transfer window from agents/journos saying that the mid-level market (the sort of £5-20m zone you'd put a Goldson or Kamara in) was absolutely dead as a result of the pandemic. Basically everyone was having trouble moving on their players.

6 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Goldson has served us well but I’d prefer a leader in that position,

Gough, Butcher, Amo, Weir were all leaders as well as good centre backs.

If we’re assuming that Goldson is running down his contract to get a big signing on fee, then the club should already have a shortlist or even have made tenuous contact? :whistle:

The team needs someone who can grab them by the scruff of the neck and Gerrard, of all people, should appreciate the difference a real leader on the pitch can make.

One thing that annoys me is I can't really tell who the captain is anymore.

There's no one that stands out. No disrespect to Tav, it's the same with any team in the spl. 

You used to go to games and even if you didn't know the team you certainly knew who each teams captain was...or that's how it felt back in the day :thumbsup:

Yes well all want a Butcher or Gough but they're £60-80 million players in today's money.

For Goldson's faults I think he's probably as good a centre half as we could ever expect to get in today's game for the level we're at and market we operate in.

9 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Goldson has served us well but I’d prefer a leader in that position,

Gough, Butcher, Amo, Weir were all leaders as well as good centre backs.

Amoruso was a player who had a mistake in him too. 

Would be very interesting to see what the consensus on him would be if he played for us in an era when forum and social media were as prevalent as they are now.