Goldson/Kamara

kelvd1873

48 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Amoruso was a player who had a mistake in him too. 

Would be very interesting to see what the consensus on him would be if he played for us in an era when forum and social media were as prevalent as they are now.

He was quite a poor player in Europe.

My worry is that if we win the league, the £30million was really meant to pay off some of the debt rather than remodelling a brand new side. 

Next summer we could lose (as it stands), Jack, Davis, McGregor, Goldson, plus Alfie, Helander, Aribo, Kamara, Arfield would have 12 months left on their deals. That’s basically most of our strongest 11.

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

My worry is that if we win the league, the £30million was really meant to pay off some of the debt rather than remodelling a brand new side. 

Next summer we could lose (as it stands), Jack, Davis, McGregor, Goldson, plus Alfie, Helander, Aribo, Kamara, Arfield would have 12 months left on their deals. That’s basically most of our strongest 11.

Looking at one hell of a rebuild next summer. Poor from the board allowing so many to be going into the final year. 

20 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’m not usually one to do this but I did suggest we weren’t that far away from needing a bit of rebuild a few months ago and people slated me for it 😬

I wasn't aware of how many first team players go into their last year next summer. I was thinking we needed just long term replacements for some older players and replacements for anyone sold. 

If we need to sell Kamara, Kent, Morelos, Aribo & Helander if they won't sign extensions. That's half the first team away. That's not even taking into consideration that Goldson, Mcgregor and Davis could be away as well at end of deals.

It looks like the board have gambled big on getting automatic Champions League.

43 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’m not usually one to do this but I did suggest we weren’t that far away from needing a bit of rebuild a few months ago and people slated me for it 😬

The team needs freshened up, I think we've gone a bit stale and a rebuild is needed. We need to improve the quality of the team and there's a few who are getting on a bit. I'd be surprised if there wasn't some wheeling and dealing in the January transfer window 

30 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Hopefully punt Goldson in January. 

Being back at the games after a year watching games with commentators my stupid wee mate is still calling him Goldstone.

Don't get me started on Morales.

😂 my da does this every time I watch the game with him, that and ‘Highlander’.

Makes you want to throat jab him 10 rapid, I keep hoping he will tell me I’m adopted after the says it.

No beef with them if they want away to advance their careers and are being up front about it. But it’s shocking that we didn’t cash in on them in the summer if they were refusing to sign. 

Basic stuff for a club that intends to be self sustaining. We simply have to tie them up on long term deals or sell them for what we can get before moving into last year of contracts. 

Disappointed 

50 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

😂 my da does this every time I watch the game with him, that and ‘Highlander’.

Makes you want to throat jab him 10 rapid, I keep hoping he will tell me I’m adopted after the says it.

Just got to see it out until you get the inhetiritance fella:rip: