Jump to content

Ryder Cup


Recommended Posts

Sometimes you just need to give credit where it’s due, they’ve been brilliant right from the off. They’ve got one of the best teams ever assembled, Europe had to be at the top of their game across the team just to be able to mount a challenge. Would’ve loved to have seen a close fought contest, flip flopping on the last day. 

BookWorm and BlueAvenger like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

US been a machine in this tournament. Complete dominance from them. 

Going to take a something special to win it back. That US team is still young and could dominate for some time. 

First step is picking an outstanding captain as Harrington was a disaster 

Link to post
Share on other sites

First thing the euro captain needs to do is head to rome, and tell them to narrow the fairways, let the rough grow by about another inch, reduce the size of the greens by about half, try and stifle the US big hitting and putting game, 

After that, well its all about character, the US haven't won on euro soil since 93, thats a 30 year record we dont want to lose

billscott likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

First thing the euro captain needs to do is head to rome, and tell them to narrow the fairways, let the rough grow by about another inch, reduce the size of the greens by about half, try and stifle the US big hitting and putting game, 

After that, well its all about character, the US haven't won on euro soil since 93, thats a 30 year record we dont want to lose

The Americans will be huge favourites. Europe don't seem to have a good crop to pick from at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

The Americans will be huge favourites. Europe don't seem to have a good crop to pick from at the moment.

The top 20 in the world just shows why America dominated this year. 

Rahm at number followed pretty much by the full american team from 2-15 

With Rory our next up at 16. 

Not a fan of Harrington but all the big guns bar Rahm are on the slide.  I can't see that changing in a year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Hamie said:

The top 20 in the world just shows why America dominated this year. 

Rahm at number followed pretty much by the full american team from 2-15 

With Rory our next up at 16. 

Not a fan of Harrington but all the big guns bar Rahm are on the slide.  I can't see that changing in a year. 

Many times did USA have guys storming at the top of the world rankings, woods, mickelson etc, and they got cuffed at the ryder cup, home advantage will play a major part like i said above if the strengths of the US team are negated slightly, then you just need a captain that has a bit of a clue, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Many times did USA have guys storming at the top of the world rankings, woods, mickelson etc, and they got cuffed at the ryder cup, home advantage will play a major part like i said above if the strengths of the US team are negated slightly, then you just need a captain that has a bit of a clue, 

Heard them mentioning that Westwood in running to be next captain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Craigyboy9 said:

Just checked his stats, has played in 11 cups, 10 consecutively and only missed 2018 because he was a vice captain. He’s got the credentials. 

His record is damn impressive as well, defo in with a shot, if garcia chucked it id put him in there as well, massive influence from him

Would love to see jimenez back in the backroom team also, he had the swagger and the character to bring a game out of others

Craigyboy9 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

His record is damn impressive as well, defo in with a shot, if garcia chucked it id put him in there as well, massive influence from him

Would love to see jimenez back in the backroom team also, he had the swagger and the character to bring a game out of others

I reckon Garcia has another one in him as a player, 100% must be a Captain of the future. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 27/09/2021 at 12:03, STEPPS BOY said:

Heard them mentioning that Westwood in running to be next captain.

Westwood?  Fuck me man.  Liek someone said next Cup.  Tight the fairways, let the rough grow but in saying that Americans are churning out stars and wr have fuck all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 21 October 2021 19:00 Until 21:00
      0  
      Rangers v Brondby
      Ibrox Stadium
      UEFA Europa League
×
×
  • Create New...