Ianis Hagi

plymouthranger

Our MVP. 

Put him in the right team and he will be a superstar.

Unfortunately, our team right now isn't the right team. 

Time to build it around him...

"He doesn't have pace"....nearly all the greatest players in the world lack or have lacked pace. Ability > Pace.

Hagi should be playing EVERY game. 

"You need pace in the Scottish Game"...tell that to the likes of Moravcik of them who tore the league apart. Want a Gers equivalent? Brandon Barker would leave Ronald De Boer at his peak standing. Would you swap? Ronald destroyed this league with one knee left.

Pace is over-rated. See Riquelme, Pirlo, Mendieta, Zidane et al.

Get over it and start seeing we need to build this team around our MVP, Hagi.

Just now, LucyBlue said:

Our MVP. 

"He doesn't have pace"....nearly all the greatest players in the world lack or have lacked pace. Ability > Pace.

"You need pace in the Scottish Game"...tell that to the likes of Moravcik of them who tore the league apart. Want a Gers equivalent? Brandon Barker would leave Ronald De Boer at his peak standing. Would you swap? Ronald destroyed this league with one knee left.

Pace is over-rated. See Riquelme, Pirlo, Mendieta et al.

@LucyBlueate my shoe 

Just now, LucyBlue said:

Is that an insult?

It's like two things I have and then a jibe.

If I said "You penis ass ho" would that be a good insult?

Not really. It's kinda like calling me a "leg head ho".

Better off just calling me a "ho" to be honest. 

I didn’t even quote you ya weirdo 

7 hours ago, LucyBlue said:

Our MVP. 

Whilst I agree with your point, Riquelme isn’t the best example as he’s someone you couldn’t build a side around nowadays. 

Fantastic player, but the last of his kind and you wouldn’t get away with a player like that at the top level of modern-day football. 

19 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Whilst I agree with your point, Riquelme isn’t the best example as he’s someone you couldn’t build a side around nowadays. 

Fantastic player, but the last of his kind and you wouldn’t get away with a player like that at the top level of modern-day football. 

Why not mate?

5 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Why not mate?

One of my favourite type of players, but you don’t see that classic number 10 anymore nowadays. Riquelme was unbelievable at times, could just sit 30-35 yards from goal and thread passes nobody else on the park could dream of. 

He did absolutely nothing off the ball though and you can’t carry players like that nowadays. Ozil (who has a far better work ethic than JRR), is someone who Arsenal realised they couldn’t carry, despite him being technically far better than anyone else they had. 

19 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

One of my favourite type of players, but you don’t see that classic number 10 anymore nowadays. Riquelme was unbelievable at times, could just sit 30-35 yards from goal and thread passes nobody else on the park could dream of. 

He did absolutely nothing off the ball though and you can’t carry players like that nowadays. Ozil (who has a far better work ethic than JRR), is someone who Arsenal realised they couldn’t carry, despite him being technically far better than anyone else they had. 

Kinda get that but in his pomp he was a joy to watch.

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

Yip. While I don’t think Hagi not having a lot of pace is an issue, there’s a reason that most of the examples used are older footballers from 15-20 years ago and that’s because in the age of geggenpressing and counter attacking football you don’t see many out and out number 10’s now. You don’t see many players, certainly in the wide forward positions who aren’t quick either tbh.

14 hours ago, LucyBlue said:

Our MVP. 

& my favourite, Carlos Valderrama.

15 hours ago, LucyBlue said:

Our MVP. 

As he gains experience the lack of pace will become less relevant.

He had a very stop start beginning to his career and is probably a year or 2 behind where he could or should have been .

The next 18months he could take off big time .

• 4 weeks later...