Ianis Hagi

plymouthranger

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

You didn't want to punt him for £6-8m so we could buy Veerman? :lol:

We're all guilty of wanting our squad out at one moment or another.

At that time, I knew if we were to get Veerman someone would have to be sold.  Sometimes you have to give up value to get value. By no way does it suggest I underestimate Hagi's skills. I wished we had signed Veerman but I am very happy Ianis remains a Rangers player.

Probably just a bit of transfer talk at the time.  A strange thing to tag me in tbh.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

At that time, I knew if we were to get Veerman someone would have to be sold.  Sometimes you have to give up value to get value. By no way does it suggest I underestimate Hagi's skills. I wished we had signed Veerman but I am very happy Ianis remains a Rangers player.

Probably just a bit of transfer talk at the time.  A strange thing to tag me in tbh.

Just yourself and a bunch of others like I posted who wanted Hagi sold in the summer in the thread.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Just yourself and a bunch of others like I posted who wanted Hagi sold in the summer in the thread.

I didn't want Hagi sold. In fact, I've never wanted any of our top players sold but the harsh reality is someone must go to get equal or better in.

Anyway, great assist from the young man last night and I hope he starts on Saturday.

8 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Clowns wanting him sold in the summer as well. 

Was it not more a case that people would have weighed up his value to the team if someone had bid say 15 million....I don't think many were saying sell him as he is shite, it was more a case that he wasn't guaranteed a starting slot compared to say Morelos & Kamara 

TBF his assist stats to game time are fucking superb:tu:

12 hours ago, maverick1200 said:

:lol:

He has been brilliant this season. I can't believe I thought at the beginning of season that he wouldn't be missed if we sold him. 

I think quite a few had the same view mate, myself included. Facts are he's probably been our best player so far this season and he's been injured for most of it. 

14 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Apparently reports in Italy saying Roma have agreed £17m for Hagi. 

I very much doubt mourinho would be happy shopping in the Scottish market and that's because he's a class A prick and always looks down his nose at others. 

I dont see these rumours being true. However, I dont see how 17 mil is completely out of the question for Hagi who has had a pretty good good spell with us domestically and in Europe. Hagi for years has been seen as a player with a lot of potential.

Another reason to factor in is some of the business across at the san giro. They're getting rid of average right backs for 10 mil and extremely average centre halfs in the last year of their contract for 13 mil.

17 for Hagi, which would obviously involve add ons, isn't outrageous.