Ianis Hagi

plymouthranger

23 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Hagi is a luxury player and most luxury players have some degree of inconsistency in their performances. 

There will be games like the one yesterday where he doesn’t do much and there will be ones like the Livingston one where he drags us through it with a moment of magic.

Hopefully as he gets older and more experienced his consistency improves but I would much rather have the option of a player who has the returns that he does in the squad as opposed to another player who grafts but ultimately lacks the quality needed to change games.

Bang on the money.:tu:

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I still don't think Hagi is used properly. He is a #10. Playing him out wide is not his strongest position.

I thought he improved in the second-half yesterday.

But he is played as a number 10. He goes out wide. The idea is two number 10's who come inside and support the striker. All day yesterday he went outside to the wing. 

2 hours ago, BlueAvenger said:

As I’ve posted before mate I’m not his biggest fan. He does have skill and shows it now and again. Let’s be honest in some games he’s fuckin rotten. Still better than Wright and Sakala I suppose. 

Wright ? 

Gazza wouldn't get a chance on this forum

3 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

But he is played as a number 10. He goes out wide. The idea is two number 10's who come inside and support the striker. All day yesterday he went outside to the wing. 

Probably because that's the only place where there's space, we play two number 10's and tell them to come inside, so the game gets narrowed, less space to work in

Hagi needs to play the middle of a 3 man attacking mid, let the left and the right side drift out wider, making more space for him in the middle to pick that pass 

At home against the spfl dung we should be able to play a 4132, 4231 at worst, 

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Probably because that's the only place where there's space, we play two number 10's and tell them to come inside, so the game gets narrowed, less space to work in

Hagi needs to play the middle of a 3 man attacking mid, let the left and the right side drift out wider, making more space for him in the middle to pick that pass 

At home against the spfl dung we should be able to play a 4132, 4231 at worst, 

Yup.

Hagi is a terrific young talent. People at the games moan like fuck if he gives the ball away but it's usually because he tried to be creative rather than look for the easy pass like other players do. 

With time, patience and proper coaching I believe he can go very far in the game.

Somebody above hit the nail on the head, he's a luxury player

Borna/Kamara this season are luxury players but we know the quality they have to win games

Wright is another, every chance he gets for a start he seems to prove more and more that he's an impact sub at best

Aribo is another, 1 game is superb, the next is terrible

Hagi is like the above, can play him if the rest have a good game but if not you're carrying 3/4/5 players

42 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Remember a few years ago when everybody, almost to a man, was crying out for us to sign a player who could give us a bit of an x factor in the final third. We’ve got one now - who is ideal for the level we play at - and a lot of the same people are wanting him chased. You honestly couldn’t make it up.

People on here are absolute drama queens. People a few weeks ago wanted Lundstram released and now say he’s our best player. Next time we play he’ll probably be public enemy number one again. People wanted Tav dropped for Patterson then decided that he shouldn’t have started because his passing isn’t impeccable at 19 years of age. Cunts just love an argument more than anything. 

I think we lack pace in the team and Hagi is one that looks like he runs in quicksand. In saying that, Sakala has bags of pace and not one shred of talent the way Hagi does so what the fuck do I know!? 

it won’t be popular, but he’d still be one I’d look to move on for profit if possible. We really do need to improve the business model and he fits right into the recommended model of buy low, sell high, then repeat. 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Remember a few years ago when everybody, almost to a man, was crying out for us to sign a player who could give us a bit of an x factor in the final third. We’ve got one now - who is ideal for the level we play at - and a lot of the same people are wanting him chased. You honestly couldn’t make it up.

Remember when people used to greet at someone who scored goals and got assists, but spend the majority of games doing fuck all? 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Maybe even 2 if Bacuna is as good as expected.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Yeah over a decade ago. Weak example and comparison.

Windass scored goals, and got assists, spent the majority of games doing fuck all, hardly a decade ago. And yes Hagi is a better player but people love to bang on about his number which aren’t exactly much better than Windass