Semis

bornabear

31 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Hibs have lost one game all season(Away in Croatia) and this tie is played after an International break. This is arguably the worst tie out of all 3 for us and can't fathom why some think this is a better draw than against a St Johnstone side sitting 8th who lost their best players recently.

I think it's a better tie because hibs will come out and try have a go, which should suit us. Playing teams that generally sit in and stay compact is our achilles heel. 

57 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I think it's a better tie because hibs will come out and try have a go, which should suit us. Playing teams that generally sit in and stay compact is our achilles heel. 

Hibs won't come out and try to have a go either

They'll sit in and counter, it's just that their counter is typically more effective than other teams in the league because they do have better players

13 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Hibs won't come out and try to have a go either

They'll sit in and counter, it's just that their counter is typically more effective than other teams in the league because they do have better players

They have more of a go than St Johnstone do and the added needle should get the players up for it. For me I'm happier with this tie than St Johnstone and I obviously want they smelly tramps in the final. 

13 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not convinced at all. 

In the last four meetings against both the results are similar bar playing St Johnstone with our reserve side last season.

Although we won 3/4 ties last season vs Hibs they were all pretty tight encounters and 10/12 points arguably flattered us.

Motherwell had a go and it didn't suit us.

It took St Johnstone a while to get going last season as callum Davidson had just taken over and had to get them playing the way he wanted. There's no doubt they were a better team than Hibs last season with their style of play. However this season their results have been stop start due to the harder ties in Europe and losing their best players but I still think St Johnstone are a better team under callum Davidson. For me I'm happy we got Hibs, whether I'm saying that after the semi we'll see. 

14 hours ago, MVRanger said:

If we are going to win the trophy we are gong to have to beat the better teams  at some point.

So might as well have a harder semi...:matron:

No pleasure in it if it’s not hard. (Er - might be wandering off the subject a little).

:p: