*****Official Dundee v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

3 points but not really very entertaining. We move the ball around but the final third is the problem. Sometimes runs aren’t spotted and the ball is passed back instead of slipped through. The high crosses are just not working as we don’t have anyone on the end of them.

Best hope for Thursday night is 0-0 as I can’t see us scoring against Sparta.

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It’s one bad display but one of many this season, however 3 points the objective, as long as we keep getting 3 points it will do me.

^ This all day for me. Horrible start to the season after last year, but we are still top of the table and 7 points clear of them

3 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Is it not that the keeper can only get a yellow for giving a penalty away, as it is considered punishment enough the awarding of the penalty. Something like that anyway. 

Double jeopardy rule was scrapped two seasons ago now I think. Only if he was the last man between attacker and goal is it still a straight red. (I think)

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

Double jeopardy rule was scrapped two seasons ago now I think. Only if he was the last man between attacker and goal is it still a straight red.

You sure? I remember something about it last season when that Welsh boy for Aberdeen was sent off against us as last man. Something about intention to play the ball or not 

More treading water today, McLaughlin saved us dropping at least 2 points as we weren't going to score a second. Our captain and vice captain were a shambles and Goldson in particular was an absolute bombscare. Good at pointing and shouting at others when he's fucked up though. You'd never believe we won the title last season, we seem to be completely lacking in belief and confidence all over the park. 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

You sure? I remember something about it last season when that Welsh boy for Aberdeen was sent off against us as last man. Something about intention to play the ball or not 

Not 100%. I was sure that one of our defenders was behind the keeper, thus sparing the red. Some statto will appear soon enough with the actual ruling.