*****Official Dundee v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, KaiserJon said:

No couldn't make it as he's off watching the four to five other teams he's supporting.

As for the game wish we would try to kill it off as soon as we have the lead. The way we knock it around and the general play after we take a lead is not reassuring for us watching.

We’re so sloppy in possession, don’t look too assured when we defend and generally just pish so will take the 1-0 just now tbh 😂

KaiserJon and BlueAvenger like this

Just now, Bears r us said:

Very good goal, but we seem to then take the foot off the pedal and let them into the game.

Another goal soon please Rangers, to make it less stressful to watch. 

I'm not sure that's entirely true. We were poor in spells before and after the goal so I don't think it's a case of us scoring then taking our foot off the gas. Dundee could easily have scored at least one goal before we got ours.

I think Dundee have copied their neighbours and got in our faces from the start which we don't seem to cope too well with. Madden letting them away with a few fouls but I'm not blaming the ref as we need to learn to dish it out as well.

TamCoopz and Bears r us like this

1 minute ago, Drumloyal said:

Agree to an extent mate but I can see how it would be good for any bearettes watching the game with their dads/husbands etc, gets them invested a bit more. 

You're right about woman's fitbaw being shite though.  :lol:

Honestly believe watching it would put young bearettes off football- I think it is dire and shite to watch. But hey-ho, each to their own.

4 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Agree to an extent mate but I can see how it would be good for any bearettes watching the game with their dads/husbands etc, gets them invested a bit more. 

You're right about woman's fitbaw being shite though.  :lol:

I suppose. I feel like a dick saying it as there is a place for the woman's game. Just not at half time when watching the men play.

Drumloyal likes this

5 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I'm not sure that's entirely true. We were poor in spells before and after the goal so I don't think it's a case of us scoring then taking our foot off the gas. Dundee could easily have scored at least one goal before we got ours.

I think Dundee have copied their neighbours and got in our faces from the start which we don't seem to cope too well with. Madden letting them away with a few fouls but I'm not blaming the ref as we need to learn to dish it out as well.

It just seemed that we got slacker after they scored but  I agree they had a chance.

It seems that we are not as up for it as them  maybe our players think they can hold on to the 1 - 0 but it is hellish to watch.

Let's hope they come out and we score early. 🤞

Jamie0202 likes this

Gerrard needs to be looking at subs sooner rather than later. He can’t be waiting till Dundee grab an equaliser this time.

Plenty of options to change it up: Sakala, Bacuna or Wright would do for something a bit different.