*****Official Dundee v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

22 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I get the whole "winning when we are shite is a champions performance" but we haven't played great once this season and it's nearly October. You don't win leagues playing shite every single week.

Yet we're top of the league, I get what your saying but I've not seen a team this year that gives me too much concern, and we can only improve mate. 

29 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He'll back the oil tanker till his death bed as it was his signing. The guy he wanted in. And said oil tanker will look good because the rest are a fucking horror show right now.

Easy to be the guy who makes them 4/5 yard passes, sits in front of the back 4, playing against the shitest team in the league. 

3 points is 3 points at the end of the day but a better opposition would've seen us leave with no points.

McLaughlin bailing us out for a clean sheet was the only positive about our team today. The only one.

Naw mate, JL played well. Even I took the blinkers of to see that.

6 minutes ago, rangersross said:

I do think we’ve carried a lot of fitness and injury problems into this season. Barisic seemed absolutely knackered around March/April - I think he even got rested for a game or two just for being knackered - and then he’s gone to the Euros and I’m not sure he’s had the rest he’s been needing for 6+ months since. Same goes for Tav, Helander, and probably several others. 

Barisic looks like he’s lost weight 

3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

I do think we’ve carried a lot of fitness and injury problems into this season. Barisic seemed absolutely knackered around March/April - I think he even got rested for a game or two just for being knackered - and then he’s gone to the Euros and I’m not sure he’s had the rest he’s been needing for 6+ months since. Same goes for Tav, Helander, and probably several others. 

Tav was injured for weeks and barely played before the end of the season, and when he did the games were meaningless as the title was done

Then he had a summet off till we went back, if his fitness is shite then its certainly not on the amount of games he played, 

Its nothing to do with fitness, most of these guys are fitter than the rest of the league, its something else, something about them taking a chance during games, last season we had more freedom to try risky stuff as the tarriers were imploding on a weekly basis, if we stretch our lead over them we e might find the team playing with a bit more fluidity and bravery

1 hour ago, Shuggy said:

Said it for weeks, we need more shots from outside the area. Can't walk the ball into the net all the time.

When Roofe tried that shot from the halfway line I thought to myself "well at least he tried a shot from outside the box" :lol:

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I know most won't care because it certainly wasn't a great performance and no one cares about other teams however, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U, Real, Atletico, Inter, Lyon, Dortmund all failed to win today. Admittedly some, but not all had tough games.

Winning football matches isn't easy, at any level. Winning pretty is even harder, no matter who you play against. There will always be away games like this during a season. It's just vital there are more days like today where we win ugly, than Tannadice or like at home to Motherwell last week.

We've still not properly got going yet this season but domestically we are still in a really strong position. I think we have a number of factors have contributed to this. 

I think our level of performance will improve soon enough but as always winning is all that matters. Huge win today.

Please tell Gerard what the number of factors are.

7 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I know most won't care because it certainly wasn't a great performance and no one cares about other teams however, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U, Real, Atletico, Inter, Lyon, Dortmund all failed to win today. Admittedly some, but not all had tough games.

Winning football matches isn't easy, at any level. Winning pretty is even harder, no matter who you play against. There will always be away games like this during a season. It's just vital there are more days like today where we win ugly, than Tannadice or like at home to Motherwell last week.

We've still not properly got going yet this season but domestically we are still in a really strong position. I think we have a number of factors have contributed to this. 

I think our level of performance will improve soon enough but as always winning is all that matters. Huge win today.

Don't remind me. I had wagers on most of them games. 

2 minutes ago, the blue plumber said:

Please tell Gerard what the number of factors are.

Well I think Covid, the Euros, injuries, suspensions, quarantine/isolation periods, new signings, lack of form, contract situations have played a part as well as simply bad performances and decisions by players and management. Collectively we have all been a little off but domestically we are still in a very strong position. We also have a strong chance to qualify from our Europa group.

5 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We did that often pre new year in the first two seasons, post new year the arse fell out of us, 

Keep playing as we are that post new year arse collapse might be brought forward a month or two

Another good positive post. 

If you were a battery you wouldn't have a red terminal!

2 hours ago, the old guard said:

Winning when we're shite will kill the tarriers even more. 

Makes it awe the more sweeter, just listened to that cunt mcpake greetin that the goalie should’ve been sent off, why doesn’t he jist go to the phiggery and watch the athletic wing like he wants too instead of maybe keeping a good Proddy out of a managers job who’d probably make a better job of it.