*****Official Dundee v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I know most won't care because it certainly wasn't a great performance and no one cares about other teams however, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U, Real, Atletico, Inter, Lyon, Dortmund all failed to win today. Admittedly some, but not all had tough games.

Winning football matches isn't easy, at any level. Winning pretty is even harder, no matter who you play against. There will always be away games like this during a season. It's just vital there are more days like today where we win ugly, than Tannadice or like at home to Motherwell last week.

We've still not properly got going yet this season but domestically we are still in a really strong position. I think a number of factors have contributed to this. 

I think our level of performance will improve soon enough but as always winning is all that matters. Huge win today.

Good outlook mate.

16 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Nah, you just dished out insults that you wouldn't have the baws to repeat in person. 

Aye, you'd rag doll me about.

Just like you have on this thread :lol:

Drenched tampon. 

Defo getting banned when it materialises you suck off kneil Lennon of a weekend. 

Here's hoping this is our real lull as we've simply not been good enough.

Looks like Davis & McGregor put everything into last Season - this is a Season of transitioning them out the side - thankfully the two players lined up to replace them stood up today.

We can't continue being this off form is the only bit of positivity I can take from our performances of late (and the points).

Onwards and upwards and we've done something celtic haven't been able to do since February...

Fuck you celtic you'll never win away. :pipe: 

It’d be great if we could just get out of this and motor on all the way until January like last season. I know we’re winning but we’re playing 2 of the only unbeaten teams in the league next we need to be on it attacking and defensively. 

I hope I look back on September and laugh my tits off when we’re 15 clear going into the split

I don’t agree with saying at least that’s another 3 points. We could have lost a lot of goals yesterday and we keep making bad teams look good. 

Weave pretty pictures all over the park with no end product and a midfield and defence so open that wee scumbag could’ve had a hat trick.

We need to get the finger out and attack and defend as a unit before we get humbled .

11 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Amazing we are sitting on top of that league the way we have been playing......

We’ve been miles off form, but grinding it out is part of being a winner. Warburton’s team scudded some diddy teams at home the same way ‘Angeball’ is - won fuck all though and neither will they. 

5 tough games coming up in October, hopefully take maximum points from the two Edinburgh sides then kick on from there. 

Next month is massive with trips to Pittodrie, Fir Park and Easter Road for them over the way. 

They have the earlier kick offs as well, slip up in any of them and we must take advantage of it. 

The main worry for me is the chances we are giving up. There's been plenty of times when we've struggled to break teams down and I trust that the team and staff will work hard to figure that out. However, being blunt in attack combined with shaky at the back is a big problem. 

I'm hoping they relish this next month or so of very tough fixtures. Come through it with maximum points and I think we could have a bit of a gap at the top. 

With the new signings (and some of the old ones) still getting up to speed this season, the hope is that we will start to look more like our old selves. I'd still be tempted by a tweak to the formation as it feels like we've been figured out a little bit but I trust the management to improve the performances. 

Just watched the highlights there.  We stole 3 points yesterday.  Badly need to pick this form up.  Aye it's 3 points but we won't be picking up points playing like this much longer.  Dundee are brutal and we struggled badly.

13 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It’d be great if we could just get out of this and motor on all the way until January like last season. I know we’re winning but we’re playing 2 of the only unbeaten teams in the league next we need to be on it attacking and defensively. 

I hope I look back on September and laugh my tits off when we’re 15 clear going into the split

Is it time yet for an "X no of games or else / to save season" thread? 

3 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Actually think that was our worst performance of a poor season so far. However we won and there's a skill to that. Playing like this all season won't result in us winning the title I don't think, we need to find something soon.

Dundee United away was much worse 

We need to shift it back to front much quicker, we need to go long when opposition are pressing, when a cross comes in we need someone front post not 2 or 3 round the penalty spot, midfielders have to get beyond our attackers and into the box much more frequently. We need players prepared to take responsibility and put their laces through it, not always be looking for the safe pass. 

I think the lack of cohesiveness is simply down to the amount of changes we are making every game and that like for like players aren’t coming in but we are still trying to play the same way we always do.

Its having an effect on both our organisation at the back, our flow going forward and the press up top.