*****Official Sparta Prague v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

I'll be right up for it come Thursday but at the moment, I'm not looking forward to it. They've started pretty well and we've yet to find 2nd gear, let alone anything higher.

Feels like our full backs aren't providing as much width lately which really narrows our formation. We haven't been great through the middle so far but certainly have the players to do so. Would love to see us start knocking balls into Morelos more often. He is good enough to create openings for others dropping in. Any sort of cohesion would be nice to see as well, hunting in packs, move the ball quickly etc.

I think it'll be tight, I'll go 1-0 Rangers.

53 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I wouldn't. To me that's regression and not progression. Kind of like getting to the final of the fish supper cup and losing to Raith Rovers.

Getting to a European final is getting to a European final. I don't recall anyone complaing that we weren't in the Champions League final in 2008.

13 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Thursday night 5.45pm kick off from the Generali Ceska pojistovna Arena live on BT Sports. 

Time to get our Europa League campaign up and running after a 2-0 home defeat to Lyon in the first game. 

It's always been known as the Letna Stadium.

19 hours ago, ayro said:

Think this will be the team as well, not convinced that Lundstram and Davis should  be on the same pitch but seems to be the preferred option just now.

Would be delighted with a scrappy, boring 1-0 win.

A  clean sheet would be a result,  but unlikely the way we have been defending 

16 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I wouldn't start Lundstram. I'm not meaning to be harsh on him because after Sunday, I think he may be suited for the Scottish league.

But in Europe, the game seems too fast for him. He was badly exposed against Malmo.

Hagi - Davis - Kamara

Scottish football is a million miles an hour :lol: