*****Official Sparta Prague v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

We haven't been that bad compared to previous weeks but still miles short of where we need to be. 

I usually defend Tav but don't get why we can't throw Patterson in when he's playing poorly. He's getting beat easily, giving the ball away and not offering much going forward. 

It's the same problems we've been having all season in one half of football.  No creativity, no desire to press or even show some aggression when the opposition have the ball and worst of all too many players playing at half pace.

Would make some substitutions at half time but most the team deserve to be replaced.

4 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Gerrard needs to properly reflect on how we are playing and what he is asking these players to do. They dont look like they know what they are supposed to do and look completely devoid of ideas and belief in themselves and what they are doing on the pitch. 

Mindless passing and hoping we get lucky. 

We need a complete rebuild of the midfield which should have been the priority in the summer. None look good enough atm to command a starting slot. 

Our defence and goalkeeper have been chopped and changed, we let katic go on loan but kept simpson.. 

Our front three constantly look like they have never met each other though to be fair its often the first time they have played together. 

So frustrating we have looked bang average and its like fitting square pegs into round holes. Something has to change and change quickly. 

According to his press conference the other day, there is no issue. No poor performances, form was good blah blah. He just isn't seeing what we are seeing! 

3 minutes ago, shaka said:

It's the same problems we've been having all season in one half of football.  No creativity, no desire to press or even show some aggression when the opposition have the ball and worst of all too many players playing at half pace.

Would make some substitutions at half time but most the team deserve to be replaced.

Looks like we are ball watching all the time, not thinking quickly enough.

Just now, Scottywellhousetb said:

Whether posters on here like it or not, as a club we are totally concentrated on winning the league this season for obvious reasons, any success in Europe is a bonus, Gerrard's interview pre match said it all, don't know why I continue to drive myself mental reading some of the shite on here. 

We aren't exactly playing amazing in the league either.

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

Played alright at times but once again our defence has been a bit dodgy . 

Thought Sakala has done well,  but Roofe needs to get himself involved a lot more . 

Roofe seems to be lacking something right now. He doesn't look match sharp because we know he can do a lot more in games. I commented at the weekend that he looks like a forward whobneeds a goal to get going again but I'm really not sure what it is. Could be a confidence thing but it's not something he usually lacks.