*****Official Sparta Prague v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, LegendofCoop said:

According to his press conference the other day, there is no issue. No poor performances, form was good blah blah. He just isn't seeing what we are seeing! 

Im honestly just dumbfounded by it all. There is clearly something not right. 

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Whether posters on here like it or not, as a club we are totally concentrated on winning the league this season for obvious reasons, any success in Europe is a bonus, Gerrard's interview pre match said it all, don't know why I continue to drive myself mental reading some of the shite on here. 

Weekend is far more important than this shit.

8 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Playing some decent tiki taka in spells just need better creativity. You’d hope with Sparta shooting from the other end their defenders will slip

It's knowing when it's time to go for goal and stop with the little intricate passes. We seem to have lost that

17 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Looks like we are ball watching all the time, not thinking quickly enough.

The worrying thing for me again is the midfield taking the ball and passing backwards without even considering if they have time, space and options for a forward pass.  Most of the forward passes in the first half have came from the defenders again.

3 minutes ago, molesmole said:

Think the plan to maybe rest players for the weekend isn't working. 

Suprised by the starting line up. 

Feel we can still win this. 

Who do you think we're resting? Genuine question because I don't think that's what we're doing. I think that Gerrard thinks this is the best team to play on the night and Sakala has got the nod for his pace away from home. 

On another note I would like to see Roofe subbed for Alfie and see what Alfie and Sakala can do on the pitch at the same time in whatever formation allows that.