*****Official Sparta Prague v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

We've been pretty terrible since winning the league but we've regressed a few years since this season has started. 

Another unsurprising result really, this team will get found out by an opponent soon playing like this and it nearly happened tonight. 

Terrible tactics and performance, fuck knows what is going on. 

2 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

This is going to be a grind of a season.

We haven't played well consistently since prior to last Christmas. The 2nd Jan game we got lucky with 0 shots on target. We won a few games but not in much style. It's went on for too long.

I actually think we're not far away from taking a real doing off somebody, we're so shaky at the back and give away so many chances and at times some of our players look like they're away to have a complete mental collapse the minute anything goes wrong. How it can have completely turned around from last season is a complete mystery to me. 

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Sakala is a fucking donkey btw. 

He had a few decent first touches tonight but as a professional footballer you'd think that would be standard. He's so fast and yet can't stay onside. Morelos was very raw when we got him but was a fair bit younger. 

I won't write him off yet but it's not looking good. 

Roofe needs to be in a two or through the middle. I'd be quite happy for Lundstram to take over from Davis as well now. Love Davo but just doesn't get about the pitch like we require. 

Just now, GaryStevens02 said:

In the good old days Souness, Smith, Advocaat, players coming in the summer would generally have been better than what we already had and that immediately forced the incumbents to up their game. None of these new arrivals are first team picks for me so there’s no threat to anyone who isn’t on their game.

Must be frustrating for Gerard too, knowing he could buy 10 Joey Veermans at a mid table EPL club whose peak ambition is not to get relegated. 

If he used the resources he had a bit better. And didn't send players like Katic out on loan while keeping useless cunts like Simpson he'd be less frustrated.

Lazy question, but where does the coefficient sit for champions league seasons down the road. I understand the focus this year has to be the league, but these European campaigns are what makes the league so valuable. 

saying the league is all that matters doesn’t really make any sense. The only reason the league matters so much this year is because we’ve been so successful in our European campaigns 

Just now, KingKirk said:

Yes but well win this league comfortably 

i wish i was this confident. We have huge issues currently and the management and coaching team hasnt shown they are capable of even acknowledging the fact never mind coming up with a remedy other than lets try this guy here next week.... its just weird. we look so disjointed 

We don’t find space or runs forward players are making. Constantly play it around in triangles until it gets crowded out by opposition players and we lose possession or pass it back to keeper. Too many misplaced passes and too many needless passes rather than carrying the ball forward into space.

Sakala is extremely frustrating, takes a heavy touch and gives away fouls constantly. As soon as they scored his pace was no use as they sat deeper. Gerrard needs to be making changes quicker and seeing that things aren’t working rather than waiting until the 65th minute to make a sub

3 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

i wish i was this confident. We have huge issues currently and the management and coaching team hasnt shown they are capable of even acknowledging the fact never mind coming up with a remedy other than lets try this guy here next week.... its just weird. we look so disjointed 

We are but are still comfortable at the top of the league