*****Official Sparta Prague v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Why is everybody flustered about goldson, why do we make him out to be Beckenbauer? He's 1 eye on a "big" contra t down south in January by the looks of it.

Give our youth the chance, can't be any worse than the shite we have watched almost EVERY game this season, because let's be truthful, only 1 game we have looked like the team from last year, first game of the season v Livingston...

Only positive is no supporters in the ground.... we might just play and click then....

Youth can't be any worse than the team that has us 6 points ahead of them after 7 games hahahahaha

Some man 

This place is nuts. People wanting to play youth cause apparently were shite but still comfortably top of the league. Also changing to a completely new formation and playing the likes of Patterson right centre back, a position I doubt he's played before all because Conor Goldson is out.

Just fucking play the same way we play. Do it better. Play balougun and Bassey.

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

This place is nuts. People wanting to play youth cause apparently were shite but still comfortably top of the league. Also changing to a completely new formation and playing the likes of Patterson right centre back, a position I doubt he's played before all because Conor Goldson is out.

I was the one who said that and it's something I've wanted to see us try before Goldson was out

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

I was the one who said that and it's something I've wanted to see us try before Goldson was out

There's literally someone on this page wanting to play a right back at right central back. I don't get it. Our defense broke records last season. It's usually solid. No need to change that and no need to play 5 defensively minded players imo. Especially when 90% of the team's we play we will be on the front foot. The other 10% where we won't be we have a style and formation that suits us for countering ie. In Europe.

19 minutes ago, Swagger said:

The big picture is Champions League direct next season. A win on Sun is way bigger than tomorrow 

We are Rangers. Win both!  Every season we always hear about how folk don't care about Europe just the league. I care! European nights are special.

They are both a priority just like the LC semi final becomes a priority next month.

Just now, bluenoz said:

We are Rangers. Win both!  Every season we always hear about how folk don't care about Europe just the league. I care! European nights are special.

They are both a priority just like the LC semi final becomes a priority next month.

I agree with you on this. Put out the best team and go for it.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

There's literally someone on this page wanting to play a right back at right central back. I don't get it. Our defense broke records last season. It's usually solid. No need to change that and no need to play 5 defensively minded players imo. Especially when 90% of the team's we play we will be on the front foot. The other 10% where we won't be we have a style and formation that suits us for countering ie. In Europe.

I think he has the attributes to play that role and we are without 3 of our 4 CBs, don't see the harm in trying it. Surely the more formations a team is capable of playing the better? Teams are clearly getting more joy against this system than they were last season. I'm not saying ditch it but the more versatile a team is the better.

13 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Kyle McClelland or not, going by this thread most are happy to concentrate on Sunday anyway.... personally happy with our best player this season Big Bassey playing there, only one who has showing proper hunger and grit, hagi albeit too has added it to his game.

2 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I think he has the attributes to play that role and we are without 3 of our 4 CBs, don't see the harm in trying it. Surely the more formations a team is capable of playing the better? Teams are clearly getting more joy against this system than they were last season. I'm not saying ditch it but the more versatile a team is the better.

What attributes? I don't know about his defensive awareness for tucking in and defending the back post rather than closing out wide. It's a completely different game those two positions. Tierney plays that role sometimes for arsenal and Scotland and has been caught out a few times. It's a big jump.

I do agree we could use a different style/setup and that starts with formation. Not sure switching to this on a European game is a good idea. Ideally we can get the formation of last season working again as at times it was untouchable but it's definitely worn out a bit and teams have figured it 

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The best form of defense is a good offense. Balougun and Bassey will be fine tomorrow night if we keep the ball. Get the ball players all playing in midfield. Play one striker with 3 holding mids and 2 attacking mids off the striker who can drop deep and defend.

McLaughlin 

Tav.    Balougun.      Bassey.  Barisic 

Davis.          Lundstram 

Aribo.           Kamara.             Hagi 

Morelos

Not the worst line up we could put out all things considered 👍🏻

I hope in a way that Gerrard tries to take pressure off the team. I'm sure some of our poor form has been down to players feeling the pressure of being Champs! Just get the team in a good place mentally, go out and enjoy themselves, then the form of last season should return! 

This lot will obviously come out to play, so we will have gaps to exploit. Looking forward to this!! 

Come on Rangers!!

:UK: :UK: :UK: